maduro

Facebook Rep Add......anybody tried buying from them??

maduro

Facebook Rep Add......anybody tried buying from them??  .......and not get ripped off?

I think Facebook for reps is worse than eBay.

Popperini

You just came from posting this:

5 hours ago, maduro said:

Wow.....what a way to learn a lesson.

in the thread about someone getting ripped off for using a non TD on Instagram, to starting this thread? What answers are you expecting?

• Like 4

BadPickle

Think you’ve got to assume the Facebook seller isn’t doing it for free and/or relying on your lack of knowledge to increase his profit, so you’ll probably get cheapie for top dollar with little or no comebacks. 
The moral of the story is just stick to the purchase method widely used here, same method for over 12 years can’t be a bad thing eh? 

best of luck :D 

• Like 3

deju

Never buy anything from Facebook adverts, not just watches! 

A common business model even for non reps because Facebook do little to no moderation of adverts, is to take videos / images from expensive products and use them to sell through direct funnel pages, buyer then receives cheap AliExpress items worth 1/4 the value, a high percentage won’t bother to try and resolve the issue meaning instant profits 

• Like 1

Peter Sta
5 hours ago, maduro said:

Facebook Rep Add......anybody tried buying from them??  .......and not get ripped off?

Just another social media outlet I suppose.... Never tried and never will..... But if anyone else has a different experience?

G_sus

I am part of many FB groups that ‘deal’ in reps

Many advertise DH quality reps for roughly double the price direct - Only advantage is many are based on the UK, so no waiting time - Not worth the extra for a cheapie IMO

Many have reps from the ‘main factories’, but again, these come at a premium price 

Only value I’d see is if you pick up second hand piece, not unlike are M2M here

Missed out on a VSF Aqua Terra for a bargain the other day, but these kind of bargains are few and far between - The users pay higher prices, so their second hand market is proportionally more expensive too

Unless you really know what you are looking for, I’d stick to our TD’s or M2M here...

tribefan

Faceborg is evil.

• Like 1

seanjames

plenty of really good facebook groups selling reps and 2 really good scammers pages that outs the idiots, scammers, misleaders etc, had far more success buying reps on there than anywhere else

Glaude

No, Facebook is the main place to get scammed with overpriced cheapie reps alongside Reddit.

Don't buy on Facebook and certainly don't listen to Facebook groups about scammers !

• Like 3

Popperini
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

No, Facebook is the main place to get scammed with overpriced cheapie reps alongside Reddit.

Don't buy on Facebook and certainly don't listen to Facebook groups about scammers !

But Sean runs the premiere page that outs the scammers. That’s how he knows Facebook is a safe place to buy reps. Although he only sells gens. He doesn’t offer finance, but he can’t see why we don’t all stop buying reps from those safe FB sellers, and buy his gens on cheap credit instead. 

• Like 3

Glaude
4 minutes ago, Popperini said:

But Sean runs the premiere page that outs the scammers. That’s how he knows Facebook is a safe place to buy reps. Although he only sells gens. He doesn’t offer finance, but he can’t see why we don’t all stop buying reps from those safe FB sellers, and buy his gens on cheap credit instead. 

tenor.gif

• Like 2

Oris
On 27/02/2021 at 14:45, maduro said:

I mean, this is why we have a whole section called 'Trusted Dealers' here.

Buy safely from sellers with a proven track record.

You don't have to 'f*ck around and find out', as the popular parlance goes :lol:

The most commonly used business model for rep ads on Instagram and Facebook is the old grift of 'bait and switch'. 

Edited by Oris
  • Like 1

seanjames
On 12/03/2021 at 23:34, Popperini said:

Fuk me you talk a lot of shite eh

never said peeps shouldn’t buy reps just said it’s all got a bit silly when people are worrying about the grade of metal etc

There are plenty of safe places to buy reps on Facebook 

Go rebar yourself 

• Like 1

Glaude

:popcorn: