G_sus

Conflicting TD Information...

FunnyStarSystem

To sum up the OP, "there's no honor among thieves". I'm not judging, simply observing that this whole game is trademark thievery and therefore extra-legal, and because of this there isn't any regulatory board stopping the dealers from claiming whatever the hell they want to claim. If it weren't for the mods and long time relationships forged between members and dealers we'd be right back on Canal Street, haggling for junk.

So it's not really surprising dealers often have conflicting things to say, they work under great risk and have complex reasons for what they do, we are only risking the price of one rep. As the thread basically says, you learn who is good at what and stick to them. I've personally found the more the site looks like a polished, legitimate online store, the less trustworthy the dealer. This is a phenomenon difficult to explain to the noobs.

G_sus
1 hour ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

To sum up the OP, "there's no honor among thieves". I'm not judging, simply observing that this whole game is trademark thievery and therefore extra-legal, and because of this there isn't any regulatory board stopping the dealers from claiming whatever the hell they want to claim. If it weren't for the mods and long time relationships forged between members and dealers we'd be right back on Canal Street, haggling for junk.

So it's not really surprising dealers often have conflicting things to say, they work under great risk and have complex reasons for what they do, we are only risking the price of one rep. As the thread basically says, you learn who is good at what and stick to them. I've personally found the more the site looks like a polished, legitimate online store, the less trustworthy the dealer. This is a phenomenon difficult to explain to the noobs.

The dodgier they are, the more honest their word? :shrek:

FunnyStarSystem
3 minutes ago, G_sus said:

No, not sure where you got that from.

BadPickle

from there :huh: 

14 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

No, not sure where you got that from.

FunnyStarSystem

:facepalm:

How does not having a fancy online store make a dealer "dodgy"? What's dodgy is having a store filled with reps no longer even made, making it seem like you have stock and taking people's money knowing most of your store is unavailable. 

I'm not naming names, but we all know who they are.

G_sus
32 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

How does not having a fancy online store make a dealer "dodgy"? What's dodgy is having a store filled with reps no longer even made, making it seem like you have stock and taking people's money knowing most of your store is unavailable. 

Il admit this does frustrate

Ive even asked certain dealers whether items are available, and they say they are well out of stock/production, but they keep the item on their website...

Sad Face

• Like 1

lurifax

As OP says, it's really hard when you haven't got a relationship with a TD already to find someone to start one with. Honestly, would older members here still say they trust whoever with whatever order? Or is it trial and error until you find one who fits your needs? From reading here, and other parts of this forum, experienced users have their go to's and their won't go to's. Still it's established that all TD's are trusted "the same".

As a newbie with the TD's this is very confusing. 

Flinnt
59 minutes ago, G_sus said:

Absolutely. The guy in rags on the park bench will totally be straight with you. The guy in the expensive suit coming out of the most flash highrise will sell you tap water as unicorn tears. 

FunnyStarSystem
36 minutes ago, lurifax said:

As OP says, it's really hard when you haven't got a relationship with a TD already to find someone to start one with. Honestly, would older members here still say they trust whoever with whatever order? Or is it trial and error until you find one who fits your needs? From reading here, and other parts of this forum, experienced users have their go to's and their won't go to's. Still it's established that all TD's are trusted "the same".

As a newbie with the TD's this is very confusing. 

All Trusted Dealers will either send you a watch you agree to, or refund your money. It's how you get to that point that matters though. Like all other relationships it takes time and effort, stick around and you'll build a rapport with some, and avoid others for wasting your time.

If you read a lot on here you'll notice the same few dealer names mentioned again and again with praise - that's a pretty good place to start.

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem
21 minutes ago, Flinnt said:

Absolutely. The guy in rags on the park bench will totally be straight with you. The guy in the expensive suit coming out of the most flash highrise will sell you tap water as unicorn tears. 

Where I live the guy in rags on the park bench is probably schizophrenic, so I'm not sure how "straight" that conversation is gonna go, but I get your point! 

BadPickle

Like most here you’re expecting Amazon type sales/advertising straying away from what this game is about.  
You’ve been here long enough to know what the ordering procedure is, websites are just for idiots

FunnyStarSystem
17 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

Like most here you’re expecting Amazon type sales/advertising straying away from what this game is about.  
You’ve been here long enough to know what the ordering procedure is, websites are just for idiots

I mean, that was my original point - why you're extrapolating it to my own expectations is unclear.

BadPickle
1 minute ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

THAT WAS MY FUCKING POINT! Geesh.

You should’ve just said that straight away then  :lol:

• Like 2

Glaude

One thing that haven't been mentioned here despite having all the good answers already in it : Factories can be assholes towards TDs & suppliers too. Smaller TDs often being the "victims" here but sometime when a TD tell you that he can get it and is not used to lie on that aspect, it's because he did ask the factory, they said it was available, but when requesting the rep after taking your payment, they are being told it's unavailable 

black263

Don't forget that our TDs are honest with the forum because, if they screw us over, they could lose access to an awful lot of "pre-qualified"  buyers.  The rest of the world is fair game, and we have no idea how well or badly they deal with Joe Public.  That's why in every email, I sign off as "Tom (RWG Black263)"

• Like 3

Glaude
5 hours ago, black263 said:

Don't forget that our TDs are honest with the forum because, if they screw us over, they could lose access to an awful lot of "pre-qualified"  buyers.  The rest of the world is fair game, and we have no idea how well or badly they deal with Joe Public.  That's why in every email, I sign off as "Tom (RWG Black263)"

Words from multiple TDs to RWI Staff : They hate dealing with outside forum customers and Reddit users, they are a true pain and the main source of chargebacks and other shenanigans

• Like 1