Jimmyrich1

Is Gen DW worth it on VSF Sub?

Jimmyrich1

I just got through the first month of wearing my VSF 116610LN, wanted to live with the DW for a bit.

My initial thoughts were that the numbers look pretty good overall, certainly compared to ARF's bold print but I must say some of them on this particular one are a bit funky in places, a bit uneven even to the naked eye!  Maybe I got unlucky as many have said it isn't worth it as they look really accurate unless you whip a loupe out.

Was considering going Gen DW but not sure if anyone has gone that route as yet and if they had any issues?

Edited by Jimmyrich1

deju

Yeah I’d want a gen DW, in terms of gen crystal I’ll be honest my in house Sub monkey @Nikosaldente has had a few recently that have brilliant otb crystals 

• Like 1

Jimmyrich1
8 minutes ago, deju said:

Yeah I’d want a gen DW, in terms of gen crystal I’ll be honest my in house Sub monkey @Nikosaldente has had a few recently that have brilliant otb crystals 

Yeah overall i'm over the moon with the watch, that DW though is a let down when it gets to the double digits in particular! Some of them are definitely out and a little bold in certain places.

Any recommendations on Gen DW sources, thought i'd ask a pro while you're here sir ! :) 

fatarms
1 minute ago, Jimmyrich1 said:

Yeah overall i'm over the moon with the watch, that DW though is a let down when it gets to the double digits in particular! Some of them are definitely out and a little bold in certain places.

Any recommendations on Gen DW sources, thought i'd ask a pro while you're here sir ! :) 

Sub007 or interaktiv over at RWI usually have nice used gen parts pretty regularly. 

• Like 1

deju
1 minute ago, Jimmyrich1 said:

You can find them on EBay, if eBay only buy blistered in opened but imho I prefer to watch on RWG/RWI as you know loads of OCD repboys have looked at the post and would have called out a fake. 

what movement do you have? 

• Like 1

deju
4 minutes ago, fatarms said:

Sub007 or interaktiv over at RWI usually have nice used gen parts pretty regularly. 

+1 on sub007 he’s a gent! I swapped a gen DW on a gen bracelet deal. Great guy 

• Like 1

Jimmyrich1
14 hours ago, fatarms said:

Cheers mate!

14 hours ago, deju said:

You can find them on EBay, if eBay only buy blistered in opened but imho I prefer to watch on RWG/RWI as you know loads of OCD repboys have looked at the post and would have called out a fake. 

what movement do you have? 

Thank you! 

It's the VS3235 movement, seems great so far! Best rep movement I've experienced. Very Gen like. (EDIT - my mistake, its the VS3135 not 3235, sorry for confusion!)

Edited by Jimmyrich1
My brain is stupid

fatarms
8 minutes ago, Jimmyrich1 said:

Cheers mate!

Thank you! 

It's the VS3235 movement, seems great so far! Best rep movement I've experienced. Very Gen like.

I don't think there are any gen parts available for the VS3235 yet.  The gen watch itself just appeared a few months ago.  Make sure you ask sub007 or interaktiv if their parts are compatible.  I have the 126610LN and LV versions with that movement as well.  

• Like 1

GingerApple

The 116610 has the 3135 clone I think - which will fit the old Gen date discs (he said in his first post he had the 116610).

Edited by TheGingerFerret
  • Like 1

Chiquita Fanjita
4 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

The 116610 has the 3135 clone I think - which will fit the old Gen date discs (he said in his first post he had the 116610).

Not all 3135 movements accept gen DWO, as I have found out.

Like you said, the OP says it’s an 116610 so should be a 3135 movement and not the 3235.

• Like 1

GingerApple
35 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

I think the vs3135 does though. I think I've seen that said on RWI.

• Like 1

deju
41 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Like you said, the OP says it’s an 116610 so should be a 3135 movement and not the 3235.

EXACTLY THIS^^^^^ :lol: Were talking Chinese QC I guess, My thoughts....  (please expand you've had more frankens than me.) 

The clones SA/SH  'can' fit gen DW <<< note the '     ' its an expansive statement.

SH is better than SA. Some require slight modification, some don't fit and some report straight swap... Go figure. So that is pot luck to the effort involved I guess.  

VR movement ire regarded straight swap no modification, No reason VS isn't too its meant to be even better. 

For any geeks that care:

VR Movement tear down: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/the-3135-3131/7428775-vr3135-tear-down-and-cleaned 

VS movement tear downhttps://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/9374739-vsf-3135-movement-pics-watch 

Also, 3235 and 3125 date wheels are not interchangeable

• Like 1

GingerApple
16 minutes ago, deju said:

EXACTLY THIS^^^^^ :lol: Were talking Chinese QC I guess, My thoughts....  (please expand you've had more frankens than me.) 

The clones SA/SH  'can' fit gen DW <<< note the '     ' its an expansive statement.

SH is better than SA. Some require slight modification, some don't fit and some report straight swap... Go figure. So that is pot luck to the effort involved I guess.  

VR movement ire regarded straight swap no modification, No reason VS isn't too its meant to be even better. 

For any geeks that care:

VR Movement tear down: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/the-3135-3131/7428775-vr3135-tear-down-and-cleaned 

VS movement tear downhttps://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/9374739-vsf-3135-movement-pics-watch 

I never thought this would be possible, but somehow you've become even more boring since you were made a Mod.

Chiquita Fanjita
9 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I think the vs3135 does though. I think I've seen that said on RWI.

I'm 95% sure it does as well mate.

9 hours ago, deju said:

For any geeks that care:

I know for definite that the SH3135 in an ARF sub won't accept a gen DWO.  It can be forced on, but will just very quickly get mangled and cause all sorts of problems.  However, the SH3135 in a Noob Sub will accept the gen DWO with no problems at all.  With regards to SA3135 movements, I wouldn't even bother trying and only use an SH, VR or VS.  As you say above, the VR is considered the best for accepting gen parts with no hassle, and will be using a VR3135 in my next build as well as swapping the SH3135 in one Franken for a VR3135.

Jimmyrich1
13 hours ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

My mistake!! sorry guys, it is indeed the VS3135 and not the 3235 ! Apologies.  Brain error

Edited by Jimmyrich1

Nikosaldente
On 02/03/2021 at 23:31, deju said:

Yeah,  I got lucky and got a  couple of good ones :D

20210304-182246.gif

Jimmyrich1
On 04/03/2021 at 19:52, Nikosaldente said:

Yeah,  I got lucky and got a  couple of good ones :D

20210304-182246.gif

Woahhhhh, this looks incredible! is that a VSF? That's a 5 digit bracelet isn't it ? Or is it a gen lol. Gimme all the info, i've got the horn for that watch, whatever it is I want in ! :throwingmoney:

Diplomatico
16 hours ago, Jimmyrich1 said:

Woahhhhh, this looks incredible! is that a VSF? That's a 5 digit bracelet isn't it ? Or is it a gen lol. Gimme all the info, i've got the horn for that watch, whatever it is I want in ! :throwingmoney:

Looks like a 16610LV from ARF without rehaut engravings :)

• Like 1

Jimmyrich1
On 09/03/2021 at 12:41, Diplomatico said:

Looks like a 16610LV from ARF without rehaut engravings :)

Thanks brother, I appreciate that! 

OJHorology
On 02/03/2021 at 21:42, Jimmyrich1 said:

Just wear it the first 9 days of the month :D

• Like 1

Jimmyrich1
41 minutes ago, OJHorology said:

Just wear it the first 9 days of the month :D

10 and 11 aren't too bad either actually :lol:

Moondustesp

I have a SH with gen datewheel but that has a genuine datechange assembly. Also a VR with 3135 with gen datewheel. All with no problems. All on the advice of And work completed by @ROLIE

• Like 1