Another year, another SOTC. But oh what a year  The collection hasn't grown as much as I predicted this year (thankfully) due to : -Severely affected shipping discouraging TD purchases at the start of the pandemic -More family responsibilities(due to pandemic), so less for the watch budget -Bloody Viet parts inflating costs per project (this one I can't pin on Covid)   More watches were sold off to further focus the collection (pretty shit focus as you'll see below).   Just before typing this up, I looked back at my previous SOTC to revisit the conclusions I made last year: Points 1,4,6 are still correct and  I have done quite well this year with no new purchases going above 42mm diameter. I can enjoy the large PAMs and IWCs by proxy(once @Theviking sorts out his IWC). Point 2 goes very closely with 3 and 5 in my collection. This year has been the year of collecting new and old Submariners, GMTs, Explorer IIs,  Daydates. and Daytonas.  As a cheapskate and superficial collector,  the DHgate level reps for modern Rolex models are good enough for me. That certainly leaves more money on the table for vintage builds. Again, being cheap, I looked for ways to get parts at a  lower cost where possible. Why pay the insane prices for MQ parts?  If I started buying those, I might as well use the money towards some gens that I would actually want. So I very slowly got into the decal dials  as done by @Bart Cordell and @repmaster1234.   The Rolex reps in my collection are growing at an alarming and, coupled with the fact that I have been selling off some non-Rolex reps, the proportion of Rolex reps in the collection is at an all-time high.  This is at odds with my collection when I first started. At the time, I wanted a collection full of odd, rare pieces, definitely not the cliche sea of Rolex.  My first Rolex rep was a U1 DSSD and first rep Sub was a white Bamford Sub. It was only after collecting broad and shallow before I got my ZZF V1 LN Sub. Since then, I've become obsessed with collecting variants of different lines of Rolex. I suspect that the following reasons causing this shift: 1) Exposure: There is a lot more content online about Rolex, talking about the details of specific variants. I revel  in the details of the various models of the vintage Sub, GMT, Daytona. I can pick and choose which bits of detail I focus on (dials are important to me, but I am terrible with crowns , hands, serifs on dates).  Of course, Panerai and Omega have their own extensive communities but Panerai is too big in general and I only like specific models within Omega, not entire collections. 2) Accessibility: There are lot more market options for parts to make Rolex builds. Sure there are Viet parts for Blancpain/Omega/Patek but man those are expensive! With Rolex, there's parts for every budget. In addition, @NCRich's tutorials make the modding scene more accessible.  3) BRAND: Related to Point 1 but  still it's own separate point. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm sure subconsciously brand recognition is one of the reasons why I have become obsessed with Rolex.  4) Bored. It's possible that the factories have been focusing even more on Rolex reps. I have not seen as many decent reps from other brands (that also fit my size criteria) in the past year. When a new non-Rolex rep does catch my eye, the big dimensions(42mm) and the big price (USD 700-800) puts me off. In contrast, a vintage Rolex build will be under 40mm, and USD 700 can provide  meaningful and frustrating experience in building my own rep with reasonably good parts.   So what if the entire collection is Rolex? Nothing wrong with that, but I  don't want to shut myself out of the rest of the watch brands. There are many vintage Heuer, Blancpain, AP, VC, Tudor and Patek watches that I'm interested in. Of course, for most of them there are no OOTB reps, nor are there cheap parts for them available. If I plan to expand the collection in that direction, it would be a long term plan requiring a lot of learning. In the past year, I have improved my practical knowledge in designing and printing decal dials, while reading on  pad printing, anodised dyes, and electroplating. @Glaude has been very helpful in the technical aspects of these processes.The hope is that in this year I can continue acquiring more skills to make better quality dials and making gold plated reps. Over time, hopefully I will accumulate enough skills to build non-Rolex vintage reps as well.   This will be an unwieldy Collection thread. I think the best way to arrange the photos  is into the following categories: Gens- the new purchases in the past year first, marked in red, followed by the older watches already in previous SOTC Reps-categorised by brand, and within each brand, divided between new first(marked in red) and old.   Gen Collection Chronologic Mechanical Watch (New) Gift from family when they found out I'm into watches, bless their cotton socks.   Lanco Chronograph Valjoux 7733 (New)   Mr Jones Watches - The Ascendant (New) Fascinating piece bought during Black Friday sale   Poljot De Luxe (New) Minimalist sleek dress watch under 100 quid, made in USSR.   Old Gens Casio Edifice Chronograph   The Swimming Casio   Cuervo y Sobrinos Triple Calendar   Dan Henry 1939 Military Chronograph   Diamond Watch   Dubey & Schaldenbrand Index Mobile Rattrapante   GUB Glashütte Watches (x3)   Henry London Watches (x2)   Hugo Boss Dual Time   Ingersoll Union IN1203RWH   Jean d'Eve Sectora   Junghans Quartz Chronograph   Junghans Max Bill Automatic
Luch  No need for an expensive Meistersinger     Oris Artelier Jumping Hour   Oris Divers Sixty-Five    Poljot   Raketa Watches (x4)   Raymond Weil   Rolex Datejust 16220   Seagull Watches (x2)   Seiko Age of Discovery 6M13-0010 The only watch in the collection that can actually do the leap year thing.   Seiko Presage Fuyugeshiki SSA385J1   Shanghai Watches (x2)   Skagen Ancher SKW6082   Sputnik Watch Most likely redial   Sturmanskie  Likely redial   Swatch Animal Wheel GZ120   TagHeuer Monza CR2113-0   Mechanical Timex Watches (x2)   Vostok Watches (x3)
  Waltham Calatrava Homage   Zeppelin 7676-2 100 Jahre Chronograph     Replica Collection A. Lange & Söhne Saxonia Thin 205.086 (New)   A. Lange & Söhne Datograph 403.032    A. Lange & Söhne Saxonia Moonphase -working moonphase   A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 "Tourbillon" Perpetual Calendar   A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Tourbillon   Audemars Piguet 5043 with Türler Signature (New) Henry London watch converted into an AP via decals,   Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15454 (New) I tried on @Dr Fun Socks's 15454 an eternity ago and enjoyed the frosted texture.  A tiny one that fits perfectly.   Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15202   Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400    Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph 26320 PVD   Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Tourillon 26510   Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar 26579   Blancpain Villeret Quantième Complet 6654 Also working moonphase   Bovet Virtuoso IV "Tourbillion"   Breguet Classique Chronograph 5247BB/12/9V6 (New) Seller put this on M2M cheap as they wouldn't/couldn't sort out the messed up keyless. This Guilloche Galore has been out of production for some time so I snapped it up first and figured out how to sort out a ST19 keyless later. Now fully functional again     Breguet Classique 5177BR/15/9V6   Breguet Regulator Tourbillon 5307PT/12/9V6   Breguet Tradition 7057BB/11/9W6   Breitling Navitimer Montbrillant Datora A21330 All functions still works but I'll be damned if I ever use it to time things!   Cartier Tank Basculante   Franck Muller Crazy Hours   Glashütte Original Senator Chronometer   Glashütte Original Panorama Date Moon Phase   H. Moser & Cie Venturer Big Date   Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Duoface - New Both sides are independent of each other and can be set for different times.   Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Classic Automatic Rep number 1 in the collection   Jaeger LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin   MB&F Legacy Machine Split Escapement   Omega Constellation Co-Axial   Panerai Luminor Submersible 682   Parmigiani Fleurier Kalpa Grande QF   Parmigiani Fleurier Tonda Tourbillon   Patek Philippe Nautilus  3800/1A with Diamond Hour Markers (New) Now the size of the 3800 is a much better fit for my wrist! The DWO should have dark background and the text is one line too high, someone did not align the pad printer when they made this line of reps sadly.  Watch hands can be slimmer. The blue came out better than I expected from looking at TD photos and QC pics.   Patek Philippe Calatrava with Beyer Signature (New) Bentima watch turned Patek with decals and broached Dauphine hands.   Patek Philippe 3519J with Gübelin Signature (New) Decal Conversion   Patek Philippe Chronograph 130 with Hausmann & Co. Signature (New) A proper Ref 130 or even 530 build would be a grail project. For now, this Dan Henry decal conversion will have to do.   Patek Philippe Calatrava 5196J (New)   Patek Philippe Calatrava 5116R
  Patek Philippe Chronograph 530   Patek Philippe Chronograph 5070   Patek Philippe Chronograph 5170 Needs to be plated to yellow gold for the correct configuration of 5170J.   Patek Philippe Chronograph 5370P   Patek Phillipe Chronograph 5975G No chrono   Patek Philippe Gondolo 5112J Likely fantasy model.   Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711A   Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711R   Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712R 5712R dial should be grey rather than black. Moonphase appears to work but is actually connected to the date mechanism.   Patek Philippe Nautilus 5726A   Patek Philippe Nautilus 5740G   Patek Philippe Nautilus 5980A   Patek Philippe World-Time 5131J Map repainted , city and hour rings redesigned.   Patek Philippe 3970R No chrono   Patek Philippe 3970G or P with some imagination Future project. Has something to do with the missing marker     Patek Philippe 5204R-001 No chrono   Patek Philippe 5204R/1R-001 No chrono   Patek Philippe 5204J Fantasy No chrono While I was modding the day and month wheel overlays, I lost the second hand.   @Zooha  Rolex Day-Date 18238 Mother of Pearl Dial and "Diamond" Bezel (New) I bought the exquisite bezel from @Stuvetjee, and he threw in the watch + Pearlmaster bracelet into the sale as well. If you have seen some of my other watches, this will be comparatively tame.   Rolex Day-Date 128235-0037 (New)   Rolex calls the gen an Ombré dial, and the full set consists of brown, green and blue dial.   Rolex Day-Date 128238-0069  (New)
  Rolex Milgauss 6541  (New) Needs to be wrecked vintagised   Rolex Milgauss 1019 CERN Dial with Tiffany & Co. signature (New) I was fascinated by the gen I saw on Bobswatches. Base 1019 from MR, broached, reshaped and repainted pair of Bulova hands, dial and hands delumed to  match CERN dial specs, Tiffany & Co. signature added on as decal.   Rolex Daytona 6239 "Dark Blue"/Purple Prototype (New) The only pics I have of the gen shows a dark blue dial, but the one Phong had was more of purple, but I ought it anyway because it has it's own regal charm   Cartel base+Phong dial   Rolex Yachtmaster 6242 Chronograph Prototype (New) Cartel Base + Phong Dial +Alpha subdial hands Again another prototype grail build I had been obsessing about for some time.   Rolex Daytona 116505-0008 (New)   Rolex Daytona 116508 (New)   Rolex Daytona 116509-0071 (New)   Rolex Daytona 116509MTAO (New) Birthday gift from the better half. Well she bought the parts and I built it.   Rolex Daytona 116518LN-0047 (New)   Rolex Daytona 116588TBR (New) This one is hard to photograph properly with all the detail. I missed out on this guy when the first M2M was listed in UK, then it re-surfaced weeks later in M2M in  Continental Europe.    Rolex Daytona 116598RBOW(New)   Rolex Daytona 116599RBOW(New)   Rolex Daytona Artisans de Genève "La Barrichello" (New)   Rolex Space-Dweller 1016 (New) JMB case+Asian 2824+Yuki dial+Rafflesdial hands+Rafflesdial rivet bracelet   Rolex Explorer II 16570 Polar Dial (New) Rehaut engravings need to be scrubbed, something has to be done for the laughably short hash marks   Rolex Explorer II 216570 Polar Dial (New) Now this started off when @FunnyStarSystem was selling his odd gate 40mm Explorer II. I bought a good version in the year but did not wear it much due to the size. This 40mm oddball fits much better.   Rolex GMT Master II 16710 Black (New) Delightful cheapie which turned out to have a DG3804b movement!   Rolex GMT Master II 116710BLNR (New)   Rolex GMT Master II 116710LN (New)   Rolex GMT Master II 116718LN (New)   Rolex GMT Master II 126719BLRO-0002 (New)   Rolex Submariner 6204 Albino Dial (New)   Rolex Submariner 6204 Split Dial (New) JKF base+ Decal dial My first gilt decal dial, turned out alright. Lume needs more work. Further optimisation of printing needed because I had to sacrifice my carefully crafted fonts to circumvent a printing glitch.   Rolex Submariner 116608LV (New) A fantasy mix and match of parts. I preferred a dial with gold text to match the gold text on the gold LN and LB in the collection.   Rolex Submariner 116610LV (New)   Rolex Submariner 116619LB (New)   Rolex Single Red Sea Dweller 1665 (New) Cartel base+Yuki dial   Rolex Yacht-Master  116622 (New)   Rolex Yacht-Master 116622 Blue (New)   Rolex Air-King 14000   Rolex Datejust 16013 Tapestry Dial   Rolex Datejust 16233 Linen Dial   Rolex Day-Date 18238  First build. Instantaneous date and day change at midnight. Gen dial+Raffles parts+Asian 2836   Rolex Day-Date 18238 Blue Vignette Dial Stills need to be recased into vintage case.   Rolex Day-Date 18238 Brown Vignette Dial Still needs to be recased in vintage case.   Rolex Day-Date 118206   Rolex Day-Date 128239-0023   Rolex 6234 Oyster Chronograph   Rolex Daytona 6239 Paul Newman Dial   Rolex Daytona 6263 Gold   Rolex Daytona 6265 Paul Newman Dial   Rolex Daytona 116500LN   Rolex Daytona 116506   Rolex Daytona 116519LN-0013   Rolex Daytona 116520   Rolex Daytona 116523   Rolex Daytona 116595RBOW   Rolex Daytona Artisans de Genève "La Montoya"   Rolex Explorer II 1655 Still need to vintagise it.   Rolex GMT Master 6542 Pan-Am Albino Dial   Rolex GMT Master 6542 with Serpico y Laino Signature   Rolex GMT Master 1675 Still need to decide what build I wish to make with this. I have a stunning Milk Fuchsia Insert begging to be used   Rolex GMT Master II 16713 Root Beer I had so many plans to convert this to a 1675/3 Root Beer but the case was too big for the dial. Back to the drawing board.   Rolex GMT Master II 126715CHNR   Rolex Milgauss Label Noir Tourbillon   Rolex Sky-Dweller 326934   Rolex Submariner 16610LV Gate Cheapie   Rolex Submariner 16613LB Serti Dial Gate cheapie upgraded with Rafflesdial Serti dial and DWO.   Rolex Submariner 116608LN   Rolex Submariner 116608LN The gen has white text but I picked this one out because I preferred gold text.   Rolex Submariner 116610LN ZZF V1   Rolex Submariner 116610 Bamford Stormtrooper   Rolex Submariner 116613LB Serti Dial Fantasy configuration.   Rolex Submariner 116613LN Serti Dial Another fantasy configuration.   Rolex Turn-O-Graph 116264 Laughable rehaut engraving and font. Lots of room for improvement. Lots.   Tudor Submariner 7928 (New) JKF base+Yuki dial+raffleswatch hands Crown guards needs reshaping to make it period correct.   Tudor Heritage Chrono 70330N Black   Tudor Heritage Chrono 70330N Blue Still can't find a suitable replacement insert. If anyone knows, do let me know!   Tutima Vintage Chronograph   Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionelle 47009   Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Retrograde Day Date   Vacheron Constantin Harmony Complete Calendar   Vacheron Constantin Historiques American 1921   Vacheron Constantin Historiques 1955 Corne de Vache   This took me three days to sort out, phew. If you managed to scroll through the entire mess, thanks for reading