k4jun

ORF - new Seamaster Diver 300m reps

k4jun

Andrew has launched black, blue and white dials so far. At the first glance they are good, on par with vsf but less flawed (except the blue).

ZXSLF1.jpg
ZXS5Aj.jpg
Be carefull when fishing for a pre-owned gen.
This is still eta balance but orf has addressed a balance stud, which was the easiest tell on vsf.
Orf will be new favourite of ebay scammers:/

• Like 3

australis

Excuse my Newbie perspective ... but why would you pay $US8888.00 for one of these Reps when surely you could haggle a Gen for a similar retail price!?

k4jun

$US8888.00 is a dummy price, the final retail price of this rep is not known yet.

"8" in China is considered as a lucky number so shops sometimes put it like 888... when they don't know the proper price yet;)

• Like 3

australis

Thanks for the clarification

JaceyBoy

These are better than VSF?

k4jun

Looks like TT has two versions; $308 is for ORF-light, while $340 is for full ORF.

ORF-light is:
82mil serial on the case
89mil serial on the movement (mismatch then)
no balance stud (like VSF for example)

full ORF:
82mil serial on the case
82mil serial on the movement (matching with the case)
balance stud (like gen)

As per http://www.noobvip.com/28734.html OR is a division of GF, and both  - OR and VS movements - are decorated Seagull 2836.

• Like 2

JaceyBoy

Ive also heard VSF are bringing out a V3, so wonder if this will be the same?

Ferax

@k4jun

I just asked a question at RWI about the movement, but I think that I found the answer here... So the ORF is a deco A2836? If yes - hell yeah! But it's a pity that the blue color is off as I already got the black one... 

k4jun
19 hours ago, Ferax said:

@k4jun

I just asked a question at RWI about the movement, but I think that I found the answer here... So the ORF is a deco A2836? If yes - hell yeah! But it's a pity that the blue color is off as I already got the black one... 

That's too bad then :D Seamaster writing on the white orf dial looks pale, but to me a black orf is the best rep of this watch by far.

Yes, there are no real clones of 8800 movement, they are called "a clone" tho in reality they are asian etas with decorations.

JaceyBoy

So which one is best?, as I asked Steve at the One Watches and he said VSF is still the best, with also a V3 on the way....

Aramis2288
1 hour ago, JaceyBoy said:

So which one is best?, as I asked Steve at the One Watches and he said VSF is still the best, with also a V3 on the way....

Is the V3 confirmed in a reasonable way (e.g. by some TDs) or is it just gossip?

I am about to pull a trigger on some Seamasters V2 and wondering whether it's worth waiting.

JaceyBoy
54 minutes ago, Aramis2288 said:

Is the V3 confirmed in a reasonable way (e.g. by some TDs) or is it just gossip?

I am about to pull a trigger on some Seamasters V2 and wondering whether it's worth waiting.

Yes confirmed by Steve, but VSF is unavailable right now due to a raid

JaceyBoy

Be interesting to see when the VSF V3 arrives

pbwatch

Removed by me.

Edited by tribefan
Sorry can't post QC pics.

GenTLe
12 minutes ago, pbwatch said:

Not been here for a while but here are my Qc pics for blue orf.

Mate you can't post QC pics on here. Regardless if it's to ask for advice or just to show differences between models...

JaceyBoy
16 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Mate you can't post QC pics on here. Regardless if it's to ask for advice or just to show differences between models...

Another crazy rule on here

30 minutes ago, pbwatch said:

Not been here for a while but here are my Qc pics for blue orf.

I also have the black $308 Orf lite version and will say the case and bracelet are way better than Vsf.

I’ve had all versions of the Vsf to know that and will also say that the base movement is a 2824 and not 2836 in the examples I’ve swapped in a Swiss movement. It will be interesting to see what Orf have done to the base movement when it arrives.

Orf lite

30165eb5a2367197605cc8d47c2f085c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0302b1e61ce967a82590aa2a306cc7bd.jpg

35affd139661d4df05ddd18c935bd8cf.jpg

So you would say get the ORF version and not VSF?

Edited by tribefan
Can't post QC pics.

tribefan
12 minutes ago, JaceyBoy said:

Another crazy rule on here

So then why did you re-post them? WTF Man.

I left one of them above for comparison purposes.

• Like 1

pbwatch

I’m not asking for advice. The watch is already on its way to me. I’m purely showing the colour for reference so enough of the nonsense. Now I realise why I stopped bothering with this forum!!

Goodbye!

JaceyBoy
11 minutes ago, tribefan said:

So then why did you re-post them? WTF Man.

I left one of them above for comparison purposes.

Can you explain why we cant post them please?

tribefan
14 minutes ago, JaceyBoy said:

Can you explain why we cant post them please?

• Like 1

GingerApple

Rules can and should be changed  from time to time and this one absolutely should right now. There's absolutely no point in banning already accepted QC pics. What logic can support the banning of accepted QC pics? "Cos Greg said so and he was awesome" is not a strong argument.

• Like 1

Glaude
9 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Rules can and should be changed  from time to time and this one absolutely should right now. There's absolutely no point in banning already accepted QC pics. What logic can support the banning of accepted QC pics? "Cos Greg said so and he was awesome" is not a strong argument.

Fair point, lets have a discussion then. I can see that indeed there's no risk for the member posting accepted QC pics to come back on his word if shipping is already on its way but my concern would be :

- Having people comment on how he shouldn't have accepted this or that and said member then wanting to return the watch to the TD (more hassle for the member so maybe not a strong issue).

- Having QC pics out there becoming the reference pictures to evaluate other QC pics from TDs, people would say to the TD "look at the perfect QC this guy had, I want the exact same" ending up in a massive cherry picking problem for TDs

Legitimate questions on those two points that I would like some exchange on to see the general feeling on it

GingerApple

I think that sort of issue would be more of a problem with the RWI crowd (where approved QC pics are de facto allowed, whether in the rules or not) - this place has a less picky bunch of people on the whole and if anyone starts acting like a dick, they soon get told over here.

• Like 2