k4jun

ORF - new Seamaster Diver 300m reps

pbwatch

What is the difference in me posting pretty much identical pics when I receive it as the end result is the same, they are pics of an accepted qc watch and nothing has changed other than the location of the image. People will still say wow I want one just like that to their td or they may pass comment about why it was accepted and you missed that glaring flaw!
I Intended no harm in posting them as there is a lot of doubt and discussion about the blue version of this new release which I think is not a worry. I probably should have made clear they were accepted in the thread. Thx.

• Like 2

tribefan
12 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Rules can and should be changed  from time to time and this one absolutely should right now. There's absolutely no point in banning already accepted QC pics. What logic can support the banning of accepted QC pics? "Cos Greg said so and he was awesome" is not a strong argument.

I left one of them up for reference to the color, the rest of the watch can be ascertained.

If you wanna change the rules, post a thread and ask to change the rules. Posting a thread saying the rules are stupid and I'm doing it anyway is not the way to go. And Greg is awesome is not the argument here. It's a blanket policy so it doesn't have to be policed. If the members and staff team that have to moderate are ok with changing it, then so am I.

I left the most relevant pic up and the OP takes his toys and goes home, fine, whatever. And the other poster reposts them after he was told they shouldn't be posted. Fucking grow up.

• Like 2

JaceyBoy

Back on topic, Steve at the One Watches is still saying the VSF version is far superior to the ORF version:blink:

Glaude
7 minutes ago, pbwatch said:

What is the difference in me posting pretty much identical pics when I receive it as the end result is the same, they are pics of an accepted qc watch and nothing has changed other than the location of the image. People will still say wow I want one just like that to their td or they may pass comment about why it was accepted and you missed that glaring flaw!
I Intended no harm in posting them as there is a lot of doubt and discussion about the blue version of this new release which I think is not a worry. I probably should have made clear they were accepted in the thread. Thx.

The difference is maybe thin, but it's more about controlled condition : one could argue that hey this pics looks best than my QC or what is on the website because he took a nice pic of it, so that's an easily dismissable argument for the TD if someone is not happy with his QC. But with somehow normalized QC (and people tend to find QC pic from the same dealer they purchase) they can argue that why they shouldn't get an ass good model as this other person.

The reality is that people tend to forget how underground this is, and how quality control is done in China, in the end, it's the TD that get stuck with the watch in hand, and take the risk there. Not having the exact same watch everytime, is something that should be well accepted by people, preventing QC posting is supposed to help mitigate that kind of thing.

10 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I think that sort of issue would be more of a problem with the RWI crowd (where approved QC pics are de facto allowed, whether in the rules or not) - this place has a less picky bunch of people on the whole and if anyone starts acting like a dick, they soon get told over here.

The real rule on RWI is yes you can, if it's worth something, usually for new release etc... but there's so much work on RWI that clearly is not a priority to police that.

We can only act on what we know, in the end,  for 1 guy posting it here, 10 will use that with the TD without us knowing.

I don't think it's something that we ever really suffered on the forum to not be able to see QC pics, would a change of this rule really bring something ?

6 minutes ago, JaceyBoy said:

Cannot get over how many keyboard warriors are on this forum, its honestly the WORST forum ive been a member of

You've been told before, you are free to go, why do you stay if it's so difficult for you ?

• Like 1

pbwatch
I left one of them up for reference to the color, the rest of the watch can be ascertained.
If you wanna change the rules, post a thread and ask to change the rules. Posting a thread saying the rules are stupid and I'm doing it anyway is not the way to go. And Greg is awesome is not the argument here. It's a blanket policy so it doesn't have to be policed. If the members and staff team that have to moderate are ok with changing it, then so am I.
I left the most relevant pic up and the OP takes his toys and goes home, fine, whatever. And the other poster reposts them after he was told they shouldn't be posted. Fucking grow up.

You must look in the mirror in a morning and really love what looks back at you!
  • Like 1

k4jun
12 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Fair point, lets have a discussion then. I can see that indeed there's no risk for the member posting accepted QC pics to come back on his word if shipping is already on its way but my concern would be :

- Having people comment on how he shouldn't have accepted this or that and said member then wanting to return the watch to the TD (more hassle for the member so maybe not a strong issue).

- Having QC pics out there becoming the reference pictures to evaluate other QC pics from TDs, people would say to the TD "look at the perfect QC this guy had, I want the exact same" ending up in a massive cherry picking problem for TDs

Legitimate questions on those two points that I would like some exchange on to see the general feeling on it

First point I agree, tho a risk it will happen irl is relatively low imo.

Second point I don't agree. TDs are on the free market, QC pics is one of the factors we take into account when we choose a seller, and for TDs' - QC is something where they can compete, and competition is always good for us buyers. There are TDs from whom I won't buy due to 800x600 pics, and there are dealers (like TT) who host a sample QC pics next to his glamour photos.

Greg_r reasoning is from 2011/2013... to quote " some of our dealers already request their buyers not to post QC pics, and also given that if this nonsense continues we may well find that dealers will stop providing pics prior to shipping,"  yeah, I don't think there is any risk that dealers will stop proving QC in 2021.
The reasoning seems outdated a bit.
To me, QC rules should be the same as next door.
Actually, would have been great to post those said QC of a blue watch,  cos there is a huge difference in blue colour between TD galleries and OR "press pack photos". So already accepted QC pics, can tell us all which colour it is irl.

• Like 2

JaceyBoy
Just now, pbwatch said:

You must look in the mirror in a morning and really love what looks back at you!

:beer3:

Glaude
3 minutes ago, JaceyBoy said:

Why should I go?, ive been here longer than you!,  I dont hide behind a keyboard like you:BringItOn:

It's you feeling uneasy here, so staying is kind of idiotic if you don't like the place, regardless for how long you've been here ... but I could help you out if you need or don't take the hint ... I don't see you next to my door, so you are the same keyboard warrior you so seem to dislike

1 minute ago, pbwatch said:

No reason to get personal here ...

2 minutes ago, k4jun said:

Second point I don't agree. TDs are on the free market, QC pics is one of the factors we take into account when we choose a seller, and for TDs' - QC is something where they can compete, and competition is always good for us buyers. There are TDs from whom I won't buy due to 800x600 pics, and there are dealers (like TT) who host a sample QC pics next to his glamour photos.

Oh that's not an issue, TDs could even have a "sample" QC pics in their section to show what type of QC they'll send, it's more about specific QC of a specific watch being the reference for this specific watch aka "If I don't get this same exact perfect example of a watch, I want another round of QC of a new watch of the same model"

• Like 1

k4jun
21 minutes ago, JaceyBoy said:

Back on topic, Steve at the One Watches is still saying the VSF version is far superior to the ORF version:blink:

Yes, back on topic. Steve's reasoning is what exactly? why vs>or?

JaceyBoy
Just now, k4jun said:

Yes, back on topic. Steve's reasoning is what exactly? why vs>or?

I cant tell you 100% but he just said VSF is better grade was his words, I dont know myself but one thing is I do know that VSF is bringing out a V3 soon so I think I will wait for this before buying.

k4jun

The "better grade" is so generic term that it means nothing to me tbh.

• Like 1

JaceyBoy
2 minutes ago, k4jun said:

The "better grade" is so generic term that it means nothing to me tbh.

Yep I agree, I guess he means quality?, but that is different from what is said above

GingerApple
38 minutes ago, tribefan said:

I wasn't remotely criticising you - just pointing out that the blanket rule seems totally unnecessary. I'm not sure why you're taking it as a personal attack (nor why you're attacking back). Not to worry.

k4jun
5 minutes ago, JaceyBoy said:

Yep I agree, I guess he means quality?, but that is different from what is said above

Perhaps ask him this sensitive question directly and we will know what was his point exactly?

• Like 1

GingerApple
36 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I don't think it's something that we ever really suffered on the forum to not be able to see QC pics, would a change of this rule really bring something ?

Well, take this thread. That chap spent time out of his weekend to add a very useful comparison between the VSF and the new pretender, including adding pics to help further. Instead of receiving a, 'Thanks for your contribution to the forum' he instead gets a droll, 'QC pics aren't allowed here'.

I don't see that as being remotely helpful, unlike his excellent comparison. Which was made better with the addition of the QC pic (for which I actually rate Tribefan for leaving one up in spite of the rules).

• Like 3

JaceyBoy
Just now, k4jun said:

Perhaps ask him this sensitive question directly and we will know what was his point exactly?

He is Chinese, his English is good but not that good:boobies3:

1 minute ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Well, take this thread. That chap spent time out of his weekend to add a very useful comparison between the VSF and the new pretender, including adding pics to help further. Instead of receiving a, 'Thanks for your contribution to the forum' he instead gets a droll, 'QC pics aren't allowed here'.

I don't see that as being remotely helpful, unlike his excellent comparison. Which was made better with the addition of the QC pic (which I actually rate Tribefan for leaving one up in spite of the rules).

Best thing you've ever written, well done:clap:

Glaude
8 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I don't see that as being remotely helpful, unlike his excellent comparison. Which was made better with the addition of the QC pic (for which I actually rate Tribefan for leaving one up in spite of the rules).

I don't disagree at all with that, hence my legitimate discussion about QC pics here, it still doesn't address the potential issues I've pointed. 

Tribefan is just doing his job, following the rule in place, he can't be blamed for it

Glaude
2 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Totally agree - as I said, I appreciate the way he bent the rule a bit to allow one QC pic. It was actually Gentle who mentioned the QC pic rule, but this certainly isn't a go at Gentle (or anyone) either, he was rightly pointing out the rule. It just seems a silly rule to me.

Indeed. Well I've disagreed with it, K4jun has disagreed with it so that's 2 out of 2 in favour of changing the rule so far!

What do you think, the rule needs changing or keep it as it is?

I don't think you really disagreed with it, but you made it like it wouldn't be a real issue.

I agree that this rule could be changed, I'm just unsure about it, we know this is a real problem next door, and it created loads of issues for TDs, but here, with less people and in a way, better behaved -well on some topics :lol:- it could work.
I'll certainly ask the staff what they think about before implementing a change.

In any case, I'm all for rule changing or at least discussing them. I've been asked many time to implement a report button specially for you, if you get reported 10 times you immediately go to the gulag for an hour ... but ... it's too much work and the server will overload with requests

2 hours ago, fatarms said:

Wooooooooo! Shots fired! 

Quick duck, or you'll get a visit by the tough guy

2 hours ago, FudgyDocker said:

:popcorn:

Been a while since we had a decent popcorn thread...

Ain't for no reason that I let this slide ;) 

• Like 1

Glaude

Appart from the QC pic legitimate discussion, this thread is now cleaned of all non sense, head over to 

For more fun with the sensitive soul

• Like 1

onzenuub
17 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

and if anyone starts acting like a dick, they soon get told over here.

You don't start acting like a dick, you do it since you are here.

• Like 2

pbwatch

A couple of screenshots from youku for those that think the blue is too dark!
7d8c9397805fd5813d82397c369e0c3f.png
0053e98efb90b52a3473863747824427.png
8a8d74bfe367962a820c1ffa1693c573.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

k4jun

New OR Nekton

Z0UEWs.jpg

• Like 2

pbwatch

I wonder if they will do the grey dial.

Aramis2288
24 minutes ago, pbwatch said:

I wonder if they will do the grey dial.

They do make it already afaik. I was talking about it with my TD  as my VSF gray dial Seamaster was flawed and she proposed it as an alternative explicitly confirming that ORF makes grey dial too. 

ORF factory is apparently the same as GF, just producing Omegas under a different name, btw...

australis
3 hours ago, Aramis2288 said:

... she proposed it as an alternative explicitly confirming that ORF makes grey dial too.  

Can one presume from this that Mary endorses the ORF Seamaster quality is the equal of that of a regular VSF Seamaster v2  !?