k4jun

ORF - new Seamaster Diver 300m reps

pbwatch
They do make it already afaik. I was talking about it with my TD  as my VSF gray dial Seamaster was flawed and she proposed it as an alternative explicitly confirming that ORF makes grey dial too. 

ORF factory is apparently the same as GF, just producing Omegas under a different name, btw...

Yes bud I know all that and own both black and blue OrF already and it’s better than the vsf in pretty much every way. AG factory use the orf case and bracelet and have a grey dial available but use vsf internals so not as good for the dial, markers and movement plates.

Not seen the OrF grey as a release yet so would be curious for a Mary to get some images of it.

fcaa7aa6e10f424d432c19db560fd986.jpg

a0a2feea6486d2fdbc8eb61abc962e3d.jpg

Aramis2288
37 minutes ago, pbwatch said:

Yes bud I know all that and own both black and blue OrF already and it’s better than the vsf in pretty much every way. AG factory use the orf case and bracelet and have a grey dial available but use vsf internals so not as good for the dial, markers and movement plates.

Not seen the OrF grey as a release yet so would be curious for a Mary to get some images of it

I was wondering whether the ORF White one is also better than the VSF. I've seen some photos on RWI and it looked like the white dial version is pretty much the only one looking worse in terms of the dial.

Edited by Aramis2288

pbwatch

I think there is something odd about the white dial but not seen it in person to know for sure. ‘Seamaster’ writing seems a bit orange in shade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aramis2288
2 hours ago, pbwatch said:

I think there is something odd about the white dial but not seen it in person to know for sure. ‘Seamaster’ writing seems a bit orange in shade.

Yeah, it is a bit different shade of white than gen, but for me, it's not bad. After all, always the reps with dial colors different than white are a bit challenging to replicate in 100%. 
 Below (1), as an example, the comparison with the gen on the top and the VSF on the bottom. The only thing worth noting is that the gen was under the 'perfect' boutique artificial LED lamp and the VSF is just shot in normal, direct sunlight. The lighting conditions do influence the perceived depth as well as color warmth. 

Z0OKeS.png

At the (2)nd picture it seems to be a photo of ORF white dial (found on RWI).

Z0OhtQ.png

Disclaimer: @deju, @tribefan I found this photo on RWI and it looks like somebody's approved QC pic. I am fully aware that on RWG it is strictly forbidden to post unapproved QC photos from local TDs, but I am assuming that since this is a shot from a different forum I am not in conflict with the community rules here? (if by any chance I am, I will remove the photo immediately).

Edited by Aramis2288

tribefan
1 hour ago, Aramis2288 said:

Disclaimer: @deju, @tribefan I found this photo on RWI and it looks like somebody's approved QC pic. I am fully aware that on RWG it is strictly forbidden to post unapproved QC photos from local TDs, but I am assuming that since this is a shot from a different forum I am not in conflict with the community rules here? (if by any chance I am, I will remove the photo immediately).

All good. The Ferret Rule has been implemented. QC pics are good as long as you aren't asking for QC advice and you are not @TheGingerFerret

• Like 2

GingerApple
4 minutes ago, tribefan said:

The Ferret Rule @TheGingerFerret

I campaigned long and hard for that rule change and I am honoured and humbled to be recognised by it's naming.

Proudest day of my life this.

• Like 1

Aramis2288
17 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I campaigned long and hard for that rule change and I am honoured and humbled to be recognised by it's naming.

Thank you, thank you. Bless your heart Kind Sir, bless your heart. :D

topnote73

New Olympic SEZ0yMrS.jpg

Edited by topnote73

Glaude
5 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

And we are all waiting for you to test it to see if you are really the only one that can't post them, this day will be fun, a little time in the gulag for everyone enjoyment. I'll have to keep mod from fighting each other for the privilege of putting you there. Might have them release you one day to brig you the other one in order to make everyone happy !

• Like 1

kadakn01

i am trying to order the grey ORF version, from trusty, as the VSF is closed

FudgyDocker
6 hours ago, kadakn01 said:

as the VSF is closed

I thought I read that VSF re-opened a couple of weeks ago. 

Aramis2288
I thought I read that VSF re-opened a couple of weeks ago. 
Apparently they got raided again together with some other small factories. Last time I checked (which was about a week ago) ORF was closed too.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

orion6
i am trying to order the grey ORF version, from trusty, as the VSF is closed
If you find any good option , please send me a private because I'm interested too

Enviado desde mi VOG-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Aramis2288
8 hours ago, orion6 said:

If you find any good option , please send me a private because I'm interested too

I also checked the availability and currently, it seems like it's not gonna happened until ORF reopens.

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 1

orion6
I also checked the availability and currently, it seems like it's not gonna happened until ORF reopens.
Thx

tribefan

If anyone in the US has a black OR and wants to do a side by side, LMK and I'll send you my VSF. Of  course you gotta send it back.

EmQue
On 19/05/2021 at 15:40, topnote73 said:

Holy that’s a beauty, reminds me of the yachtmaster style blue dial plat bezel

Chrismoose91

I was looking for a seamaster and was dead set on a VSF one... Now this has thrown a curve ball. Thanks guys :cry:

BolducZogmar

Reading the 53 pages topic on RWI is even more confusing : better than VSF, then maybe not, then not so good, then abominable (during/after the raids), then good again, then???... to be continued. I was very tempted, but after reading all this not so much. 

NCRich
On 09/06/2021 at 19:33, tribefan said:

If anyone in the US has a black OR and wants to do a side by side, LMK and I'll send you my VSF. Of  course you gotta send it back.

There is always a catch.

• Like 1

pbwatch
Reading the 53 pages topic on RWI is even more confusing : better than VSF, then maybe not, then not so good, then abominable (during/after the raids), then good again, then???... to be continued. I was very tempted, but after reading all this not so much. 

Orf quality is back to pre raid standards but that said twelve markers need attention on qc pics.

Intresting
20 hours ago, BolducZogmar said:

take notes when you read so you can follow the train of thought.  Then have a scoreboard.   Then remember, its a rep :)

• Like 1

BolducZogmar

Thanks for the advice :) 

I know that it's not meant to be perfect (or is it ?), but it's a bit confusing. Anyway, I'll wait a little bit for more reviews about the last batch.

pbwatch
Thanks for the advice  
I know that it's not meant to be perfect (or is it ?), but it's a bit confusing. Anyway, I'll wait a little bit for more reviews about the last batch.

I own the latest batch and as said it is now better again. Just watch for markers not being straight in qc pics! These are way better than VSF and the other factories out there which use the same wrong shaped VSF style case set.