FunnyStarSystem

The Little Prince appeared out of nowhere

FunnyStarSystem

Be careful what you say, because apparently our wives are actually paying attention!

I complained loudly earlier in the week when yet another IWC Pilot chrono rep decided to give up the ghost (screw down crown long ago stopped screwing down, it had become almost impossible to set the damn thing due to a sloppy pinion, and finally the chrono was accidentally started, and wouldn't you know the hour subdial won't reset) - my wife actually listened to all this kvetching, and had heard me say enough times that I love these Pilot Chronos reps, but due to the constant breakage will probably just end up getting a gen....

Door buzz, courier with something for me to sign - busy working so I set it aside for a few hours. Then I finally get around to opening it :D (Re-enactment as I had already tore through all the plastic and set it to the wrong day before thinking to take pics).

Zd9Pb2.jpg

Zd9lD5.jpg

Zd9poF.jpg

Zd9t1b.jpg

Zd9BMp.jpg

The rep as far as dial, case and bracelet is incredibly close to the gen in even the smallest details, what they can't get right is the quality of the movement, assembly and finishing, but it's really quite astounding just how close they are. If they didn't break constantly as mine have I'd call them super-reps.

My wife said she used Twitter to send a pic of the rep to the boutique to show what she wanted to purchase, and as women are wont to do she upgraded the warranty to 2029  :D  It'll be interesting to see what, if anything IWC will cover over the next eight years.

Happy Friday :thumbsup:

• Like 8

FunnyStarSystem

Bonus shot of all four of my VJ 7750's chilling together

ZdnIns.jpg

• Like 8

RussP

Congratulations you lucky fellow !!

Does your wife happen to have a sister ?

Asking for a friend.........:lol:

• Like 1

NCRich

Nice!  Time to pick my spouse on M2M.

• Like 4

SCShrek
23 minutes ago, RussP said:

Congratulations you lucky fellow !!

Does your wife happen to have a sister ?

Asking for a friend.........:lol:

I'm sensing a common theme here ;) ....

• Like 1

deju

Mine seems to be broken.... 

...where do we get our women replaced :rofl:

This is an amazing gesture you’re a very lucky man! 

• Like 2

GingerApple

AhhhhMAYzing!!!! Congrats mate :thumbsup2:

She's obviously feeling very guilty about something.....

Or someone.......

• Like 4

FunnyStarSystem

This is why you should always marry up, gentlemen. My wife makes more money than me and I'm perfectly fine with that  :D

She hasn't yet caught on that she could've done way better than me, despite her mother reminding her weekly :fearlessleader:

I'm going to do a side-by-side comparison rep to gen, it's amazing the little details they nailed on it. I will say though, my Sinns are still unbeaten in the quality department, it's not even close which is better made, surprising given how much more the IWC costs.

• Like 2

semperfi55
57 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

she used Twitter to send a pic of the rep to the boutique

Priceless :lmao:

You lucky, lucky man.

• Like 1

Piccolo

Congrats on the watch...and on being found by a very generous wife!  :D

• Like 1

GingerApple
18 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

my Sinns are still unbeaten in the quality department, it's not even close which is better made, surprising given how much more the IWC costs.

They're still my favourites in your collection. Have your seen the new one today. Quite nice.

Zd6WY8.png

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem
11 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

They're still my favourites in your collection. Have your seen the new one today. Quite nice.

Zd6WY8.png

Ooooo, that is an odd one, a scratched up tegimented dial? I'd have to see irl. I'm on the dealer's sucker list and get several updates and emails a week but have filtered them straight to a folder so I can get some damn work done! I know the next one I want, and since the US dealer has an almost mafia like control over sales and distribution, I'll probably have @semperfi55 do a trans-shipment for me, unless things open up soon so we can visit Europe again. Sinns are very addictive and I'm Jonesing :Jumpy:

• Like 1

Moondustesp

Congratulations that is amazing! Wear It well looks beautiful

• Like 1

Glaude
4 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

It'll be interesting to see what, if anything IWC will cover over the next eight years

I haven't heard bad story about IWC service, they seem to have a pretty active official forum too

3 hours ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

This is why you should always marry up, gentlemen. My wife makes more money than me and I'm perfectly fine with that  :D

+1

• Like 1

Intresting

I just LOVE these happy stories.  @FunnyStarSystem you must be feeling rather blessed.. :)    And a hard act to follow.   Not the buying bit.  But the listening bit..  :giggle:

• Like 1

movintage

Beautiful watch, stellar wife!

CONGRATS, wear only in health

• Like 1

Mystery Shopper

She is a keeper. :D

• Like 1

GenTLe

Wow, congrats for the wife choice!

PS, that grey chrono SINN is gorgeous...

• Like 1

CollieWobbles

You're a lucky man congrats on both  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

PostMaster

Many congratulations - that’s a great timepiece there. The women are the back bone & you got a good one there Sir.

All the best :) 

• Like 1

GingerApple

What you need to do now is sell the IWC and use a few hundred of the proceeds to have an ETA/quality movement put in the Rep. The wife will be none the wiser (if the Rep's as close as your say it is) and you're sitting on a few grand of secret money to blow on hookers!

Come on dude, think it through.

• Like 2

tribefan
10 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

What you need to do now is sell the IWC and use a few hundred of the proceeds to have an ETA/quality movement put in the Rep. The wife will be none the wiser (if the Rep's as close as your say it is) and you're sitting on a few grand of secret money to blow on hookers!

Come on dude, think it through.

And the rep watch breaks.

And being the proactive, thoughtful wifey she is, she sends it into IWC for repair under the extended warranty she bought. Days laters:

"You see honey, there's this guy, the Ginger Ferret who lives on this estate in England.."

"Oh, so you are moving in with him"

Now, who hasn't thought this through. 

• Like 3

hasel5

Lucky man indeed my other half steals my gens for herself 

• Like 1

GingerApple
3 hours ago, tribefan said:

"You see honey, there's this guy, the Ginger Ferret who lives on this estate in England.."

"Oh, so you are moving in with him"

Now, who hasn't thought this through. 

To be fair, I could do with a second Under Butler...

BravoDelta

Congratulations :Applause:.  Way to go Mrs. FSS.

• Like 1