Pmat

Three watches in need of some TLC......and straps!

Pmat

Hi guys,

A few years ago I bought three watched from dealers here at RWC. The watches were great but over time, the straps fell apart, as expected.

Anyway, the watches have sat in the bottom of my draw for a couple of years, and I think it's time I got them sorted out. and back on my wrist. 

The watches are shown below; there's a B&R02, a Panerai Luminor Marina and a Panerai 505.

The B&R02 just needs a new rubber strap and it should be sorted.

The same with the Panerai Luminor Marina. I'm just not sure where to get a reasonably-priced strap and I am not sure what size I need...or the watch needs.

The Panerai 505 needs a little more attention. I have misplaced one of the securing screws for the awful-designed strap bars, and the strap is near the end of its life. Again, what size strap (width) am I looking at?

As always, the issue is, 'how much will this all cost?' I'm not particularly flush at the moment due to the obvious, so I am looking for value but not at the complete disregard of quality!

*Edit: after seeing the pics below, and how sorry the watches looked, I decided to give them a wipe-over and make them a little more presentable. As I said, they have been sitting at the bottom of a draw for a few years,

ZkyC4k.jpg

Zkytt3.jpg

ZkyBEs.jpg

ZkylHY.jpg

Zkyp1D.jpg

Apologies for my lack of knowledge on the matter.

Thanks all.

Edited by Pmat
Add pic of slightly cleaner watches

lmvfernandes

I think Panerai Marina is a 24mm Lug, there is something here

and

You should measure lugs, and see what will fit.

• Like 1

Pmat

Thanks mate. I'll get onto them both today.

Theduke.williams

What's the story with the B&R strap?

is it blistered or is that the buckle showing from underneath?

Normally a good wash, then a rub with some light oil such as baby oil will make these rubber straps look much better.

• Like 1

tribefan

The black seal will need the lug bars and one of the screws. It wii take a 24mm or 26mm strap. You can buy the replacement screws on eBay but they are pricey. The black bars you may be able to find on ali, but they will be dark black and probably not match that gray.

• Like 1

Pmat
On 12/03/2021 at 12:19, Theduke.williams said:

What's the story with the B&R strap?

is it blistered or is that the buckle showing from underneath?

Normally a good wash, then a rub with some light oil such as baby oil will make these rubber straps look much better.

It's perished and falling apart. I have been looking everywhere for a strap but they're like hen's teeth, or very, very expensive.

Not really sure what to do with it.

On 12/03/2021 at 13:08, tribefan said:

The black seal will need the lug bars and one of the screws. It wii take a 24mm or 26mm strap. You can buy the replacement screws on eBay but they are pricey. The black bars you may be able to find on ali, but they will be dark black and probably not match that gray.

I did buy some bars but the colour is way off, and it must be the most awkward, pathetic design in watch history. I've given up on it now and will pass it on to anyone who needs it.

The other PAM has a new strap and is looking good. The B&R is still in desperate need of a strap.