cableguy

Fully working 116710BLNR just cant wind it up.

cableguy

Morning folks,

I have a ROLGMT201B -GMT II 116710BLNR Batman 904L SS/SS V3 GMF A3186 CHS from trusty time. Andrew is great and haven't gone to him yet with this.

The watch is 90% fully working, keeps amazing time and looks stunning. I went to wind it the other day and it just wont have it, I'm SUPER careful with it its very stiff to wind and then skids, so I have STOPPED DOING IT AT ALL. TBH it was always a bit stiff and then suddenly would free up and enable an easy wind

I just wondered what people recommend as my fix? I am going to get a WOLF winder so i wont have to wind it, but its bugging me and may be an easy fix, gear swap and lube job??

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Oascom

Send it to someone to look at it. 

• Like 1

FudgyDocker

Now THERE's some pro-active business touting, right there ^^^^^ @Oascom :rofl:

Waspy
16 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

Now THERE's some pro-active business touting, right there ^^^^^ @Oascom :rofl:

Yeah but technically he's right, also it's been my experience that the last thing watchmakers need to do is tout for business. Who knew that post quartz revolution, watchmakers (and mechanical watches for that matter) would be in such great demand?

Edited by Waspy
Spelling
  • Like 2

FudgyDocker
39 minutes ago, Waspy said:

Yeah but technically he's right

It wasn't a criticism. I would say the same. Get it off to a watch smith, unless you're versed with the black art of working on watches. It's refreshing to see a watch smith active in the threads. Shame we don't have a UK one that's the same.

• Like 2

Oascom

Woah :)

Well, that's the only thing I could really say... If someone doesn't know how to work on watches he better send it to someone who know. Especially on that low quality 3186. I suggest you buy vr3185 and swap it, much better quality and more solid. 

cheers guys

• Like 1

GingerApple
17 hours ago, FudgyDocker said:

It's refreshing to see a watch smith active in the threads. Shame we don't have a UK one that's the same.

I'd settle for one with the correct number of fingers.

• Like 1

cableguy

Hey guys,

Ah, I hadn’t visited this thread for a while. so a massive thanks for the replies. In the end trustytime extended my warranty for the 2weeks it went out by and is now back with Andrew and getting sorted out. I am sure I’ll need a good watch smith in the future and the comment on the vr3185 movement, will have a read up on that.

Appreciate the comments!

cableguy

Just for future reference is there a watch smith here in the UK able to take on work like this. Would be great to have some resource to call upon if needed.

My local watch smith that I use for my original watches wouldn't help me at all...!!!