Peter Sta

‘Destro’ date wheel source for NH35

Peter Sta

Hiya.... please flame me or move this if I’ve posted in the wrong section.

I’ve got a watch (or 2), where I would like to change the unknown chinese movements for NH35 s.  The only problem I’ve got is that they both have date windows and are left hook crowns by design (not just through my choice because I’m cack handed).

I can service and rebuild 7S and NH movements and their family, no problem.  The only parts I need are left hand crown date wheels (white or black, don’t mind).  Can anyone suggest where I can source some please? 

Z4bIuo.jpg

I don’t mind if the only things out there are one piece circular stickers to ‘glue’ onto the original discs.  If I can find where to get the wheels then I’ve got a few people with modern dial FFFathoms who would like the swap also. Thanks in advance for any help or comments.

GenTLe

Not sure I understand... If you rotate a movement 180° you still have the right (not reversed) date on the right side of the movement...

ZMZSgp.jpg

Is it because of number alignment? If so you can just use another NH35 DW, remove the teeth with a dremel and glue it over the other (you may need to put spacers or it will rub the back of the dial)

Peter Sta

Thanks for the answer..... you are spot on .  The reason for the question is that the date window is between 4 and 5 o’clock markers (called 4.5 or 4.25??? , dunno?)

I know what to do now you’ve backed up my ideas.  I will either take another spare date wheel, dremel sand off the teeth and hypo cement it onto the one set into the calendar works in the right alignment.

The other thing I might give a go is one of these

ZMOK8Q.png

Tempted by the red font to have a roulette style wheel that always falls on red.

Peter Sta

I’m hoping that if I stick the dial back onto the plastic movement ring with thick ish double sided tape (dial feet off) then that will space it high enough to clear the added wheel disc thickness.

Simonix

ZMOBLE.jpg

1 minute ago, Peter Sta said:

I’m hoping that if I stick the dial back onto the plastic movement ring with thick ish double sided tape (dial feet off) then that will space it high enough to clear the added wheel disc thickness.

I did similar with a Seiko build myself not long ago. 

Just be careful to make sure the hands will still clear the dial markers. 

Simonix

Or maybe get a Date wheel overlay sticker? Check the sizes, but there are lots of those available in different styles on EBay and ALi.

• Like 1

Peter Sta
5 minutes ago, Simonix said:

Or maybe get a Date wheel overlay sticker? Check the sizes, but there are lots of those available in different styles on EBay and ALi.

Thanks Simonrix, both messages above very useful ta.  I know where I’m at now, thank you, thank you

• Like 1

Peter Sta

still chuckling at the Ali Batman & Robin :D

• Like 1

GenTLe
18 minutes ago, Peter Sta said:

Tempted by the red font to have a roulette style wheel that always falls on red.

Careful with that red font one as it's a date at 6 one.

Peter Sta
5 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Careful with that red font one as it's a date at 6 one.

So it is.  Not quite awake yet this morning me.  Coffee time it is.