JessicaHughes

Are seiko watches expensive?

RussP

A watch-buying bot ?

Well, I never.....................:fearlessleader:

TanGo
2 hours ago, Mystery Shopper said:

To quote Bobby Bullpitt, if you are human, why do you stick your head out the window with your tongue sticking out when we go for a drive in the car? 

Zs3zxK.jpg

Peter Sta

@JessicaHughes I’m not sure how to answer without knowing what you are looking for from Seiko as a brand?  Are you looking for a tool watch? A watch to modify or something with an advanced movement from say, the Presage range?  I don’t really think I’ll be happy as a person without having a Grand Seiko in my collection.

I just bought my Dad a SNK809K2 and he wears it for everything from the weekly shop, gardening and to play hockey on a Saturday.  I asked him if he minded that it was  Korean produced and manufactured rather than from Japan.  I then started to talk about JDM only available stuff..... he just went and made us another pot of tea.  What do you think?

There are plenty of lovers/haters out there.... maybe start with looking at some Youtube stuff like Long Island Watch, Just one more watch or Urban Gentry and let us know more?  Timex are quite good also.

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Peter Sta said:

@JessicaHughes I’m not sure how to answer without knowing what you are looking for from Seiko as a brand?  Are you looking for a tool watch? A watch to modify or something with an advanced movement from say, the Presage range?  I don’t really think I’ll be happy as a person without having a Grand Seiko in my collection.

I just bought my Dad a SNK809K2 and he wears it for everything from the weekly shop, gardening and to play hockey on a Saturday.  I asked him if he minded that it was  Korean produced and manufactured rather than from Japan.  I then started to talk about JDM only available stuff..... he just went and made us another pot of tea.  What do you think?

There are plenty of lovers/haters out there.... maybe start with looking at some Youtube stuff like Long Island Watch, Just one more watch or Urban Gentry and let us know more?  Timex are quite good also.

Are you enjoying your conversation?

With a computer.

australis

Poor Jessica .. with a bunch of Horology hacker nerds analyzing her ...

Peter Sta
2 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

With a computer.

I made a conscious decision that it would be more productive than talking to myself on a Sunday afternoon (which is what I’ve normally done for a year now).  I also like I’d also really like to hear @JessicaHughes thoughts on WALL-E, the various Terminators, The Transformers and The Decepticons, particularly Megatron and what the point of transforming into a gun was all about.

• Like 1

deju
2 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

With a computer.

How it feels watching @Peter Sta post 

DisfiguredCarefulAnt-size_restricted.gif

• Like 2