FunnyStarSystem

Quality timing apps? Here's one I found:

FunnyStarSystem

Obviously nothing can take the place of a dedicated, quality timegrapher, but there are some apps now attempting to do the job, if only in a pinch. I'm interested in what you all have found to your liking. 

I need to have root access so I'm an Android/Linux phone guy and have not explored the options for iOS, the best one I've found so far isn't available in the Apple Store I don't believe, but check it out:

Watch Accuracy Meter

screen-0.jpg?fakeurl=1&type=.jpg

If used in a quiet enough, vibration free spot it seems to be remarkably accurate, and just plain fun! 

Share the apps you've found (or built yourself), no matter the OS :)

• Like 1

Glaude

This is indeed, the only one I could find that worked good and easily, producing close to known timegrapher results !

I believe the Apple Store have more option.

Most of the other Android App require a proprietary mic to work too

• Like 1

OJHorology

I had some fun with this, until....

ZuZvtP.jpg

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem
5 minutes ago, OJHorology said:

:lmao:

Is your watch magnetized? I've never seen it do that!

Glaude

:lol: 

I think possessed is more accurate word here !

• Like 1

fatarms

This so is fantastic! Thank you.  I tried numerous times to try to use that Tickoprint pile of shit app...

This one, I have watches that I know how fast or slow they are per day.  This app nailed it within 2-3 seconds.  Really cool. 

• Like 1

judas9r
1 hour ago, OJHorology said:

ZuZvtP.jpg

It must be a Vostok. 

I just downloaded that, thanks.

• Like 1

OJHorology

ZvbQOp.jpg ZvbBjb.jpg

This is the movement (swiss ETA 2836) with the crazy readings hahah

FunnyStarSystem
52 minutes ago, OJHorology said:

This is the movement (swiss ETA 2836) with the crazy readings hahaha

Is it still doing that? Try clearing the cache on the app, or reinstalling. That looks like an app error, not a timing reading :)

OJHorology

Still doing that, and it's just with this one.

I think it's running around -10-15 sec a day with decent PR (ran from the 31st till the 3rd while sitting in the box). 

I guess as Glaude said, it's just possessed...it's the missus' watch now :D

I've probably tried 10 other watches and they're displaying normal results. 

ZvbszY.jpg

Waspy

I use this app.

I bought a £5 microphone for my phone from eBay and removed the black foam Mic cover (Not sure what it's called).

I place the watch on a towel and hold the microphone against the caseback. You can remove the caseback and hold the Mic over the balance if you wish.

If you see two red lines, just use one of them, the reading is the same either way.

Waspy
On 31/03/2021 at 23:24, OJHorology said:

ZuZvtP.jpg

The watch looks to be running very fast. Just use one of the red lines.

Glaude

There's all sort of sounds that can cause eratic readings while not affecting a whole lot timekeeping. There's a app (paid) on Windows that check more in depth the escapement sounds http://www.delphelectronics.co.uk/products.html

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem
35 minutes ago, OJHorology said:

Still doing that, and it's just with this one.

I think it's running around -10-15 sec a day with decent PR (ran from the 31st till the 3rd while sitting in the box). 

I guess as Glaude said, it's just possessed...it's the missus' watch now :D

I've probably tried 10 other watches and they're displaying normal results. 

So it's running slow even though the timer suggests it's off the charts fast (which would mean probably magnetized). But the graph also looks a little too perfectly uniform to be an actual reading, hmmmmmm.

I realize magnetization causes watches to run fast 99.9% of the time, but have your tried demagnetizing it? Just for shits 'n giggles if you have one, if not it's worth picking up a cheap one, this one has worked well for me: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Watch-Repair-Screwdriver-Tweezers-Electrical-Demagnetise-Demagnetizer-Tools/274008923524?hash=item3fcc345d84:g:VM8AAOSwJ4FdfXEF

Theduke.williams

This is cool. 

I had to remove my Galaxy S10 from its protective rubber cover, and hold it against the watch body to get a result.

Seems my Spinnaker Dumas is running -10 s per day, not bad.

Thanks @FunnyStarSystem for sharing this.

• Like 1

narikaa

First one for the phone I've encountered that does what it claims

Well spotted FunnyStarSystem

give the boy a biscuit  :D

RobertMills

I'm sure this Watch Accuracy Meter app will come in handy for many people. I'm sure it'll be especially useful for watch enthusiasts and those who need to double-check the accuracy of their timepieces. I recently came across some AI-based products for mobile applications and advanced technological solutions at https://smartengines.com/ that could be useful for timing apps. It looks like they have some really innovative solutions that can help make timing apps even more accurate and user-friendly. From what I can tell, they have a range of products that could help with everything from calibration to real-time monitoring. It looks like a really interesting resource, so if you're looking for ways to improve the accuracy of your timing app, this might be worth exploring.

Edited by RobertMills

Karamboss1979

I've been diving into the world of watch accuracy apps myself, and while I haven't had the chance to test out the Watch Accuracy Meter app you mentioned, I'm intrigued by its potential functionality and accuracy. I'm always on the lookout for convenient tools that can help with timekeeping, especially when a dedicated timegrapher isn't readily available. So, I'll definitely give it a thorough solitaire cash review and share my thoughts on its performance and usability. Thanks for the recommendation!

Edited by Karamboss1979

Heartnai

As for iOS options, I'm not very familiar with them, but hopefully, someone else in the community can chime in with their experiences and recommendations. It's always great to explore different platforms and see what works best for each individual.

By the way, I don't have any information about acquiring Windows 10 product key Reddit or any other unofficial channels. It's important to ensure that you obtain genuine product keys through legitimate sources to maintain the security and integrity of your software.

Edited by Heartnai

Kako99

How do you read that?

BadApple

I've downloaded it and put my three watches to the test. 

6152-1 with Molnija movement is at -12 secs a day

Gen Oris Aquis is at -5 secs a day

Rep Omega Tai Chi is at 0 (as it came) 

Hj6Ego.jpeg
Hj674k.jpeg
Hj6v1D.jpeg

zulu44gmt

Thanks for sharing!!! One of my fav seikos turned into a real turtle,,, before and after- it was loosing 5 min per day!6042df3f882328f8528512d56376da8e.jpgd5ef319e10c495ae857b608957d666e3.jpg6bc321fec43e613441791e9c7feebdef.jpgd9a97dae44657a47dea3e8974b047900.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk