• Like 1

RussP

On a Tuesday, it has to be:

33241902708_5e04aba403_b.jpg

• Like 5

FunnyStarSystem
1 hour ago, movintage said:

Beautiful! What year and movt. plez.

That's the epiphany about this watch, and FC altogether; it's an in-house movement used only by FC and their sporty brand Alpina, at a fraction of the cost of any other Swiss proprietary movements. It's quite accurate, beautiful and has the full 59 click bosom moon phase. Their line has some dowdy old stuff, but their newer pieces are stunning and well priced, just like Alpina. It's not available in the champagne dial I have anymore but they are around, used. Here's the FC page: https://frederiqueconstant.com/collections/slimline-moonphase/products/slimline-moonphase-fc-705n4s6  Here's mine refurbished (!?) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Frederique-Constant-Slimline-Moonphase-Mens-Automatic-42mm-Watch-FC-705BG4S6/265086031759?hash=item3db85bd78f:g:XWIAAOSwZf9gS7VF

Fr%C3%83%C2%A9d%C3%83%C2%A9rique-Constant-Slim-Line-Moonphase-Manufacture-movement.jpg?ssl=1

• Like 2

FunnyStarSystem
12 hours ago, movintage said:

53-A24855-C80-B-4211-9218-3-B13-FAFC3-CA
C713281-B-ED23-4-CB1-9-FC4-2-C1974800317

I'm itching for a Primero to round out my pilot collection, there're just too many choices! This one is quite a show piece with that case, what's the case diameter?

movintage
9 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

I'm itching for a Primero to round out my pilot collection, there're just too many choices! This one is quite a show piece with that case, what's the case diameter?

Thx for the FC link!

This is the Zenith Revival Chronomaster A384. It’s case is 37mm and is identical in size and spec to the first A384 release in 1969. It’s also sporting the original ‘69 Gay Feres Ladder bracelet.

IMO, a Primero is a must for any serious collector of chronographs. As an FYI, Primero Chronomaster are “non-hacking” movts.

• Like 2

FunnyStarSystem
13 minutes ago, movintage said:

Thx for the FC link!

This is the Zenith Revival Chronomaster A384. It’s case is 37mm and is identical in size and spec to the first A384 release in 1969. It’s also sporting the original ‘69 Gay Feres Ladder bracelet.

IMO, a Primero is a must for any serious collector of chronographs. As an FYI, Primero Chronomaster are “non-hacking” movts.

Thanks, I don't think I've ever had a non-hacking chronograph, but then I don't own any truly vintage gens for the single reason that my wrists are ginormous, anything under 40mm makes me look like an escaped Pixar character who ate a child and is wearing his watch. I do know this particular one is contemporary (and stunning), but I give them credit for adhering to the original recipe: https://monochrome-watches.com/zenith-el-primero-a384-revival-review-price/

I Have yet to take the Primero dive, but as you say, it's a must eventually :thumbsup: Do you have others?

RussP

51053816556_38c239bf60_b.jpg

• Like 7

BoobBandit

ZNruC4.jpg

• Like 5

movintage

Way too long off my wrist. Just back from service, my Classique 3130. While at Breguet I opted to have the 502 movt upgraded  from its original 2.5 Hz to 3Hz with a free sprung balance with balance spring and lever of silicone. 

When I decided to add a Breguet to my collection and after a visit to the Breguet Museum, the 3130 was a simple choice because of its wonderful history that dates back to it inspiration and design. The Breguet pocket watch No. 5 an automatic that is in the museum  that was sold to Count Francois Jourgniac Saint -Meard  in 1794 . One look at the No. 5 and you’ll see the 3130 that became Breguet’s icon  models after its 1976 debut. The model has remained unchanged still today, with the exception of size and display case back in the 3137.

The pic doesn’t do the watch justice especially to the 18k applied stars and hand carved moon face disc.

ACB3-DDF5-8-EFC-46-D7-8-AEE-AF99-B5-B3-B

90-FC21-AB-4237-4645-9-BC5-630-CC8-C94-E

Edited by movintage
  • Like 8

BravoDelta

That's a beautiful watch @movintage  :thumbsup2:

tribefan
1 hour ago, movintage said:

Way too long off my wrist. Just back from service, my Classique 3130. While at Breguet I opted to have the 502 movt upgraded  from its original 2.5 Hz to 3Hz with a free sprung balance with balance spring and lever of silicone. 

When I decided to add a Breguet to my collection and after a visit to the Breguet Museum, the 3130 was a simple choice because of its wonderful history that dates back to it inspiration and design. The Breguet pocket watch No. 5 an automatic that is in the museum  that was sold to Count Francois Jourgniac Saint -Meard  in 1794 . One look at the No. 5 and you’ll see the 3130 that became Breguet’s icon  models after its 1976 debut. The model has remained unchanged still today, with the exception of size and display case back in the 3137.

The pic doesn’t do the watch justice especially to the 18k applied stars and hand carved moon face disc.

ACB3-DDF5-8-EFC-46-D7-8-AEE-AF99-B5-B3-B

One of the nicest watches I've ever seen here. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

movintage
21 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

That's a beautiful watch @movintage  :thumbsup2:

5 minutes ago, tribefan said:

One of the nicest watches I've ever seen here. Thanks for posting.

Thx gents!  It’s one of my collection centerpieces. 

Years ago, one of my first reps was a fictional Breguet chronograph. I became fascinated with Breguet because of their beauty and historical significance to horology.  Many call Abraham Breguet the father of watch design and complications. A few are, Self-winding automatic movt., 1780, Guilloche dials, 1786, Tourbillion regulator, 1801, First wristwatch,  1810 and lots more.

• Like 1

Redfire1066

@movintage   Beautiful Breguet Sir..... a pleasure to view :notworthy:.

FL13

ZNQAAS.jpg

• Like 3

chulajuana

ZNPVZX.jpg

My trusty birth year 14060 at the bottom of the Grand Canyon last month!

• Like 7

Jackflash

21f7d0510083a7cbfdb8e527c7983c96.jpg

• Like 6

FunnyStarSystem

ZNk0pb.jpg

• Like 9

RussP

This plain ol' thing:

50961798242_4fe815798b_b.jpg

• Like 5

brang1

No apologies- i have gone Full Brad on this one 

ZNMNzJ.jpg

• Like 5

RussP

Happy Hump Day fellas:

51057136691_3437d7fb0d_b.jpg

• Like 4

Redfire1066

@brang1  ...  . . that is a cool strap on the "Bullhead"  .. . ..  :thumbsup2:.

• Like 1

Redfire1066

ZNugd4.jpg

ZNvDJI.jpg

• Like 5

movintage

A true worldtimer ( not a GMT) is a travelers good friend. And a quality Brit-Swiss worldtimer for under $2K or less than $1k on sale is a steal.

08-D1-A330-008-D-48-ED-A48-B-9-B38842397

• Like 5

BravoDelta

ZNNcEi.jpg
ZNRD3b.jpg

• Like 4

Redfire1066

@BravoDelta   . ..  nice Mido ... I remember the prerelease story behind these 600m models and COSC certified too if I remember  :Thinking: . . .  Then there was no release update for what seemed like the longest time   .. ..   I had almost forgot about them . . .  I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a good deal Sir.. .. .. :thumbsup2: