Mbari

Tudor Snowflake Build

Mbari

It was April 2013, just got a TC V5 and tasted the rep magic. After a few weeks of research I found a modder to build me a tudor snowflake. I wish I had a picture of it. It was a standard Viet dial but had Beyeler engraving. Looked too new to me but I loved it anyway.

Fast fwd to last year, I started tinkering with watches and this Tudor became the test mule on every trick I learned from@NCRich and many others from this wonderful forum. Here she is today. Mods done

Dial: Aged so many times, from Bonesey style, coffee drips, rust, sun drying, lemon juice and vinegar baths...you get it.

Hands: Aged with salt, sea water from Corpus Christi, oven baked, sand paper.

Movement: Got a low beat Swiss ETA 2846. Aged the dw and probably fixed the keyless 10 times during the mods. Basically this movement taught me how to change pinions, balance, keyless, swap parts across movement, mainspring winding and assembly AND moebius oils ...yes put oils after a bath. A mini service almost

Case: I take no credit in this, I messed up the previous one and many thanks to @Mr Seamaster for providing me with an awesome reshaped cartel case. Which I use to shape all my cartel sub cases.

Anyway here she is. Still one of my fav pieces in the stable, needs more wrist time. She will always be the one standing strong through the ups and downs of this addiction.

Thanks for reading.

P.s. new crystal and crown on the way a8588314eeb6dc94dbd507f388c509f3.jpg720c00a9a03b9c2866478cc13640a259.jpge7fb2ccf7cf1a8225c5d734a456a15ca.jpg47f40990a3c12b2c4001b0c4d105bc14.jpg50cfc7c2e1ed140eeb47ac733c254c86.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

FunnyStarSystem

So this is your thesis in Rich's class?! I love it - so fun to see people exhibit the art they meticulously make, especially the origins, and reading the satisfaction they feel making it. Very nice @Mbari - have you posted your collection  anywhere? No worries if not, I never have, but if so I'd love a link :)

• Like 3

fatarms

That is pure art.  Everything looks awesome and it looks like a watch that's been used since the day it was purchased.

Edit: this was my 9000th post.  You better feel special :lol:

• Like 2

Mbari
So this is your thesis in Rich's class?! I love it - so fun to see people exhibit the art they meticulously make, especially the origins, and reading the satisfaction they feel making it. Very nice [mention=40811]Mbari[/mention] - have you posted your collection  anywhere? No worries if not, I never have, but if so I'd love a link

Wiser words have not need said before yours, kind sir! Thank you.

I should create a SOTC, great idea!

That is pure art.  Everything looks awesome and it looks like a watch that's been used since the day it was purchased.
Edit: this was my 9000th post.  You better feel special
My skinny arms are feeling very special indeed. Thank you.

• Like 1

JSebwc

looks great  nice work.  that insert is fantastic 

• Like 1

wozurd

this is absolutely beautiful, Something i'm going to be working on the second i get my hands on a sub

• Like 1