Simonix

Factory raids... [OLD from 2 years ago - Not happening now]

fellowsis

Raids have happened on and off for many years, at least as long as I've been a member here. I'm sure business will pick up again for them.

Pesman

Let's await the new prices as well....quality is rising but at a cost....

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Jaytreb

According to this from GeekTime they’ll only be marginally higher, which I’d hope forces the other dealers to drop their currently inflated prices to compete. Anything could happen though.

f20270c6c36294d53aacc5a8afb8da7a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pesman

Sounds encouraging....

Aramis2288

Yeah, I've seen that as well. Fingers crossed!

purplehaze89

Between this and clean announcing they're putting the 4130 in their daytonas, i'm quite pumped (although my bank account isn't)

• Like 1

GenTLe
16 hours ago, purplehaze89 said:

Between this and clean announcing they're putting the 4130 in their daytonas, i'm quite pumped (although my bank account isn't)

It was a matter of time for the 4130: when you have such a movement around, you can't just "forget it": if noob doesn't exists anymore, there will be other factories willing to purchase it for sure :) Good news :)

• Like 1

Aramis2288
58 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

It was a matter of time for the 4130: when you have such a movement around, you can't just "forget it": if noob doesn't exists anymore, there will be other factories willing to purchase it for sure :) Good news :)

Yeah. I've read on r/reptime that it carries pretty much the same movement as Noob used to just without the engravings. SUPER happy about it. I need a panda.

Source: 

• Like 2

G_sus

Now told VSF is closed again :baghead:

Intresting

because VSF has come Clean.....

• Like 2

Undinist

I've just asked Andy at Trusty about an R8 factory watch. He says it's not available because the factory was raided. He says some of the staff will probably be jailed. :sad:  So we get all the fun, but the guys at the other end get locked up. 

thejudge

Is this a new raid or an historical one, we dont want another repeat of the carnage last year.

Undinist

He said it was before the CNY holiday.  So a few weeks ago. 

Undinist

I'm a bit shocked to hear talk of jail. Have people been jailed before? I always assumed the raids were just PR and the government didn't really care about counterfeiting.  But if they're giving out prison terms they must be serious about shutting down the counterfeiters for good. Prison seems extremely harsh. For a commercial crime of this nature in the UK you'd just be fined and have your stock crushed. 

fatarms

China isn't the UK.  You can be thrown in jail for criticizing the government there.  It's not hard to get thrown in the slammer there.

Shawnny

In China, you can lose your life quickly for committing a crime! 

trailboss99
44 minutes ago, Undinist said:

I'm a bit shocked to hear talk of jail. Have people been jailed before? I always assumed the raids were just PR and the government didn't really care about counterfeiting.  But if they're giving out prison terms they must be serious about shutting down the counterfeiters for good. Prison seems extremely harsh. For a commercial crime of this nature in the UK you'd just be fined and have your stock crushed. 

Mate people have been lined up against the wall and shot in the past, of course people end up in jail, sometimes for a very long time. Several dealers have staff in jail right now.

• Like 1

Undinist

Shot? You don't mean watch people? 

Things must be terrible for people to risk jail just for a crummy job making reps. I thought China was on the up and up. 

Undinist
1 hour ago, fatarms said:

China isn't the UK.  You can be thrown in jail for criticizing the government there.  It's not hard to get thrown in the slammer there.

But people have got to have work. Why do they have to be jailed just for making fake Rolexes and Pateks? It's not as if the overlords at the Swiss watch firms are affected. They're living the high life. Rich Chinese are buying Swiss watches by the truckload because they're a better investment than the property market.  Why do people have to be so brutal? If I had the money I'd go to China and help out the families of the people in prison. 

shyreplover
On 08/12/2021 at 22:14, Pesman said:

When super rep was 318 usd (noob pam 292j) the saying was " strap leather is shit because it's a cheap rep".

When super rep is way more expensive now the leather strap is still shitty! and I can buy a gen croc strap from taobao for 20 bucks! and the seller already mark up the price!

Shawnny
13 hours ago, Undinist said:

But people have got to have work. Why do they have to be jailed just for making fake Rolexes and Pateks? It's not as if the overlords at the Swiss watch firms are affected. They're living the high life. Rich Chinese are buying Swiss watches by the truckload because they're a better investment than the property market.  Why do people have to be so brutal? If I had the money I'd go to China and help out the families of the people in prison. 

If you owned a successful watch company, you’d probably feel a lot different! 

APjumbo

I can literally feel the fun being sucked out of my watch while reading this post. Can’t we be more ignorant when it comes to ethics and things on a rep forum?

Philiusmaximus

Ah the reality of buying counterfeit goods right there.

REMIRELACE

Bonjour

Je vais acheter des montres chez Geektime de VSF :

1 sous-marin

1 GMT

J'espère que j'aurai de la chance ! Si vous avez des conseils je suis preneur ! Merci

REMIRELACE

Bonjour

Je vais acheter des montres chez Geektime de VSF :

1 sous-marin

1 GMT

J'espère que j'aurai de la chance ! Si vous avez des conseils je suis preneur ! Merci