Factory raids... [OLD from 2 years ago - Not happening now]

Rokerite
38 minutes ago, hasel5 said:

Is there a Ginger tax as well

The Gingeland Revenue :D

• Like 1

black263
1 hour ago, deju said:

Profiteering is an unfair or excessive profit. 

If the second hand market was £150 then you’re not being unfair or excessive. 

That's my opinion as well.  But other members clearly think that you can't sell for more than your otiginal purchase price.

Glaude
5 hours ago, Aramis2288 said:

What concerns me in the current situation is that based on the available evidence it seems like the authorities have cracked on it this time. It does not look like one raid here or there to 'show' that they care about the copyrights. Again, I am not long enough in this game to be able to compare to past raids and assess how serious is this, but using common sense, the sole fact that there are repetitive waves of attacks looks quite alarming.

Furthermore, I think that the real problem is more subtle. If the authorities would want to inflict the max. damage to the industry, all they would need to do is to disrupt the R&D and logistics chain. If they could kill the suppliers of high-quality components, they screw up the factories quite seriously. And that's what worries me the most. That once this nonsense is over, we may be facing reps with more problems and flaws.

Fingers crossed, hopefully, it won't be the case...

Nothing here is really different or surprising, hence why, like every time, dealers and factories decided to lay low in anticipation of further raids, it happened in the past too. It's impossible to predict the future of those raids, chances are they'll continue, probably improve their method of conducting them, but so will the rep market in their effort to hide. They don't make much effort at the moment too.

Factories will disappear, new ones will take their places, this is a big market, lots of money, lot of bribes, it's not going to stop anytime soon, but it might become a bit more challenging to stay under the radar without paying a bit more fee to the right people. I don't think we can count the amount of time Noob has been raided in some way. Do not follow the tales found on Reddit, as you can see, they make some stuff up !

• Like 4

Glaude
1 hour ago, black263 said:

That's my opinion as well.  But other members clearly think that you can't sell for more than your otiginal purchase price.

My understanding of this, is that in most situation, the watch being sold is still on the market, usually then you take the purchase price as a reference. When the watch is not on the market anymore, for quite some time, it's the second hand market that "decide" the fair price.

I don't remember a case of the same watch being on the market again at such an inflated price in comparison to its first appearance. 

Abe Fromen

Mary told me the XF factory is now in trouble. Was gonna get a 111 from them but not possible now. 

black263
22 minutes ago, Glaude said:

My understanding of this, is that in most situation, the watch being sold is still on the market, usually then you take the purchase price as a reference. When the watch is not on the market anymore, for quite some time, it's the second hand market that "decide" the fair price.

I don't remember a case of the same watch being on the market again at such an inflated price in comparison to its first appearance. 

Hi

That was just a hypothetical example to point out that prices have risen since I first joined the forum, and that it seemed unreasonable to restrict a sale to the original price and not the generally accepted current value.  Personally, I can't see any point in the rule.  If you price a watch too high, there are plenty of members prepared to say so in no uncertain terms.  Surely, it's then up to the buyer to decide if he wants the watch enough to pay over the odds.

GingerApple
7 hours ago, trailboss99 said:

The rep watch industry has to seriously look at a move to Pakistan or India because its future in China is pretty damn bleak right now.

1 hour ago, Glaude said:

Nothing here is really different or surprising, hence why, like every time, dealers and factories decided to lay low in anticipation of further raids, it happened in the past too. It's impossible to predict the future of those raids, chances are they'll continue, probably improve their method of conducting them, but so will the rep market in their effort to hide. They don't make much effort at the moment too.

Factories will disappear, new ones will take their places, this is a big market, lots of money, lot of bribes, it's not going to stop anytime soon, but it might become a bit more challenging to stay under the radar without paying a bit more fee to the right people. I don't think we can count the amount of time Noob has been raided in some way. Do not follow the tales found on Reddit, as you can see, they make some stuff up !

So you're saying TB is wrong basically.

jowill923

Just to echo what people have said above, have heard from both Mary and Toro that the VS factory is closed for the foreseeable due to these ongoing raids.

Hope they're all alright! :sad:

Glaude
4 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

So you're saying TB is wrong basically.

As far as I can see, you're the only one saying that ... Prepare for the gulag ...

5 hours ago, black263 said:

Hi

That was just a hypothetical example to point out that prices have risen since I first joined the forum, and that it seemed unreasonable to restrict a sale to the original price and not the generally accepted current value.  Personally, I can't see any point in the rule.  If you price a watch too high, there are plenty of members prepared to say so in no uncertain terms.  Surely, it's then up to the buyer to decide if he wants the watch enough to pay over the odds.

Hi,

Of course I understood the example taken, hence my answer with another one, we rarely have to intervene in the pricing, especially here, on RWI it's more common, more noobs, more people looking to make some bucks out of a fellow watch nerd

4 hours ago, jowill923 said:

Just to echo what people have said above, have heard from both Mary and Toro that the VS factory is closed for the foreseeable due to these ongoing raids.

Hope they're all alright! :sad:

At the moment, they all lay low to avoid being caught

onzenuub
19 minutes ago, Glaude said:
19 minutes ago, Glaude said:

As far as I can see, you're the only one saying that ... Prepare for the gulag ...

:popcorn:

mr.incognito

Got an update from puretime (unfortunately my order didn't make it out in time) that they expect at least 1-2 weeks before they resume anything. Not sure if that's just an optimistic assessment to placate me or if it's realistic.

Aramis2288

Whatever works to keep these guys safe and sound. I am ok with waiting as long as once the wait is over I will be able to get all the wrist candies I want

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

trailboss99
15 hours ago, Aramis2288 said:

What concerns me in the current situation is that based on the available evidence it seems like the authorities have cracked on it this time.

Actually, my largest concern is the fact they went after the shippers, this indicates a certain level of seriousness that has been absent until now as it's not something one would do for show.  Also, the shippers are going to be a lot easier to intimate as it's a small part of their business which for the most part is legal trade. 

• Like 1

plannB
On 11/04/2021 at 19:06, tslims99 said:

Damn. I didn't pull the trigger on my order with Andrew. Now, I must wait. 

How long do you think we'll be waiting on GMF?

trailboss99
45 minutes ago, plannB said:

How long do you think we'll be waiting on GMF?

How long is a piece of string?

plannB
15 minutes ago, trailboss99 said:

How long is a piece of string?

2-3 ft.

• Like 1

Aramis2288
9 hours ago, trailboss99 said:

Actually, my largest concern is the fact they went after the shippers, this indicates a certain level of seriousness that has been absent until now as it's not something one would do for show.  Also, the shippers are going to be a lot easier to intimate as it's a small part of their business which for the most part is legal trade. 

Ough. I wasn't aware of it. I thought that only the supply and production segment was under fire.

Btw, while I am fully aware of the general opinion about Reddit news  being infested with baseless gossips, I am sharing  an update that I've found on RWI - quoting:

"From Reddit Reptime Admin.

The following factories are closed and won't be open until late April/early May:

VSF (Rolex, Panerai, Omega) - one of their parts suppliers was raided, so the supply chain is slowed down. The main VSF group has not been affected.

V6F (lots of reps) - Same supply chain as VSF..

VRF (Pepsi GMT, and a few other great reps)

PPF (Nautilus)

Noob (Rolex, and a few other brands) - Lots of rumors floating around. The fact remains - Noob spreads warehousing and production across multiple locations, and if the boss is arrested (still an unconfirmed rumor), they will likely come back as usual. Noob has told multiple TDs they will be back by the end of April.

Factories still running:

BP/GMF

ZF

XF/JF

Other smaller factories"

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 1

Horace Derwent

- SNIP -

Factories still running:

BP/GMF

ZF

XF/JF

Other smaller factories"

Thank You for the update.

tslims99
5 hours ago, Aramis2288 said:

Ough. I wasn't aware of it. I thought that only the supply and production segment was under fire.

Btw, while I am fully aware of the general opinion about Reddit news  being infested with baseless gossips, I am sharing  an update that I've found on RWI - quoting:

"From Reddit Reptime Admin.

The following factories are closed and won't be open until late April/early May:

VSF (Rolex, Panerai, Omega) - one of their parts suppliers was raided, so the supply chain is slowed down. The main VSF group has not been affected.

V6F (lots of reps) - Same supply chain as VSF..

VRF (Pepsi GMT, and a few other great reps)

PPF (Nautilus)

Noob (Rolex, and a few other brands) - Lots of rumors floating around. The fact remains - Noob spreads warehousing and production across multiple locations, and if the boss is arrested (still an unconfirmed rumor), they will likely come back as usual. Noob has told multiple TDs they will be back by the end of April.

Factories still running:

BP/GMF

ZF

XF/JF

Other smaller factories"

wow! thanks. Andrew has $800 of my money until at least next month it looks like. smh

deju
15 hours ago, trailboss99 said:

Maybe they feel it’s time that all aspects of the supply chain kick up? 

In all seriousness if China truly want to stop things they can and do it with an iron fist, there must be a percentage of acceptance of replica anything bringing a good percentage of money into China and the economy. 

coupled with the fact it gives no money to the individual receivers country, seems like an absolute win for them. 

• Like 2

serumwhiskey
On 14/04/2021 at 15:30, serumwhiskey said:

Could be, but China's been cracking down like mad recently on any commerce that it feels is damaging to its image. Have heard a multitude of reports about huge shutdowns across the board in manufacturing pharmaceuticals and "adult" products, as well.

Shit is getting even more real. China just announced a complete ban on ALL pharmaceutical products through Alibaba which includes "Medicine, Pharmaceutical, Veterinary Medicine, and Herbal Medicine". Factories only have EIGHT DAYS to comply. If you're not familiar, this is a huge, enormous fucking industry. This is even where many compounding pharmacies in the USA get their raw materials.

As I said, this shit is real. China is going apeshit right now across the board, and any of this dumbass bullshit talk about "well they don't REALLY care and it's all just for show because these industries bring in so much money to China" is just naive.

trailboss99
17 hours ago, deju said:

Maybe they feel it’s time that all aspects of the supply chain kick up? 

Na, the rep industry is such a small part of these shippers trade the powers that be know full well that they won't pay up they will just not take the work. 

BadApple

I'm glad I managed to get what will probably be my last three flippers out of China before the brown smelly stuff hit the rotating cooling device. 

Diplomatico
16 minutes ago, BadApple said:

I'm glad I managed to get what will probably be my last three flippers out of China before the brown smelly stuff hit the rotating cooling device. 

You're done you say? Where can I place a bet against that? lol

FudgyDocker

Yeah, I just got an email from Mary confirming that VSF & V6F have been raided and shut down, (for now)