Simonix

Factory raids... [OLD from 2 years ago - Not happening now]

Thinwrist

I just received a few watches from mary. They are great as usual. A friend of mine wanted a similar one so I asked mary. She said check back in a few weeks due to the raids. 
I can wait but I hope we can get good stuff again soon. 

Aramis2288

ZRvO9K.png

:facepalm: Ghryyy......

7 minutes ago, Thinwrist said:

I just received a few watches from mary. They are great as usual. A friend of mine wanted a similar one so I asked mary. She said check back in a few weeks due to the raids. 
I can wait but I hope we can get good stuff again soon. 

Yeah. The only watches available at the moment are ones that some suppliers had left in stock. Rest is frozen.

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 1

Rustysanchez
On 11/04/2021 at 00:29, Aramis2288 said:

I guess you are right.

I wonder if the VSF got raided too. After all with how they dominated the industry they must have quite a few internal (snitchy) enemies.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

....Iv been speaking to a few tds earlier this week about the availability of a few pieces made by vsf and they told me they were not available due to raids at there factorys,So i think they have a been hit!

G_sus

ZfOVTS.jpg

I am reading this right?

GMF, Noob and V6F out of business forever?

(From PureTime newsletter)

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, G_sus said:

ZfOVTS.jpg

I am reading this right?

GMF, Noob and V6F out of business forever?

(From PureTime newsletter)

Wow! That's the only way it can be read isn't it (although probably out of business forever might be a more accurate reflection)?

If so, I'm gutted to lose the Noob Daytona. I was hoping they'd do the latest release meteorite dial one. That aside, from my pov, it's the 'worst' factories that are closing.

• Like 2

G_sus
25 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Wow! That's the only way it can be read isn't it (although probably out of business forever might be a more accurate reflection)?

If so, I'm gutted to lose the Noob Daytona. I was hoping they'd do the latest release meteorite dial one. That aside, from my pov, it's the 'worst' factories that are closing.

Don’t now how we will cope without ‘Green maker’ :giggle:

• Like 1

BravoDelta

Just got that same email. :Shocked:

Redfire1066

Yikes  . .. I feel like I have lost a kidney  . .. :stars:

Aramis2288
True, huge pity for the Daytona and GMT Master II! On the other hand as long as VSF is up and running there is good chance they will make improved versions just like they did with subs!

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Simonix

Possibly no more Noob Pams?! 

:cry:

GingerApple

I dare someone to put one up for sale on RWI with a 30% markup due to their newfound scarcity - a legit looking sale to see how crazy the Mods will go :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Simonix
8 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I dare someone to put one up for sale on RWI with a 30% markup due to their newfound scarcity - a legit looking sale to see how crazy the Mods will go :thumbsup:

I have a franken Pam. 

It’s an XF rep, but with a  genuine Noob dial.......

• Like 1

Abe Fromen
17 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Funny, just as i read about this scarcity, my immediate thought was 'which wanker will jack the price up to gouge due to the shortage?' :fear:

• Like 1

GingerApple
53 minutes ago, Abe Fromen said:

'which wanker will jack the price up to gouge due to the shortage?' 

That would be Simonix ;)

Diplomatico
1 hour ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I was offered a HEAR THIS: "Fully stickered Noob Daytona" for €1500 over on Reddit where I posted a WTB. The guy was dead serious. 

• Like 4

Aramis2288
1 minute ago, Diplomatico said:

I was offered a HEAR THIS: "Fully stickers Noob Daytona" for €1500 over on Reddit where I posted a WTB. The guy was dead serious. 

What the actual f...... :D Where's the common sense?

On the other hand, I remember somebody trying to sell some super low-end replica of Pablo Montoya Daytona allegedly acquired via some non-TD website for $600 on RWI.... also dead serious.

Diplomatico
3 minutes ago, Aramis2288 said:

What the actual f...... :D Where's the common sense?

On the other hand, I remember somebody trying to sell some super low-end replica of Pablo Montoya Daytona allegedly acquired via some non-TD website for $600 on RWI.... also dead serious.

He was like "I'll just wait until they're 3x retail in a couple of weeks then". LOL

Replicas are now treated with the same mechanics as gen market :D

Abe Fromen

Well look at what we're seeing outside of RWG.... people dying, laid off, no jobs, no prospects for jobs, economy in the shitter, no way out in the short or medium term and yet where i live, gasoline cost is an all time high, housing market has increased a full 25% over this time last year, no sales in retail ANYWHERE, prices on everything are going up. Look at prices for leisure equipment... going up all the time.  People selling used bikes on Kijiji at the retail price they bought them at five years ago. 

All that and people are greedy fucksticks, in general. 

• Like 1

Aramis2288
5 minutes ago, Abe Fromen said:

people are greedy fucksticks, in general. 

This. +1

And I am sure the $1.5k daytona dude will sooner or later nail the deal.  It's just a matter of time until he will come across some Joe who will think he scored the best acquisition ever.

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 1

Redfire1066

Lol . ..   ... :rofl:  ...  .   the way people are talking Reps are going to be better than """ExxonMobil"""  . .  ..   ""Tesla"" or  buying "Bitcoin"   .. . . ..  Maybe this time next week my Reps may even raise enough money to buy a good second hand Gen  ..   . ..  . :woo:   . .. .  I'll be keeping my eye on this list to see if Noob or GMF make an appearance in the top 50 best stock investments of all time .. .    :blink:     . ..  https://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/investing/t052-s001-the-50-best-stocks-of-all-time/index.html

Intresting

Obviously,  EW, ZF, GF are up to date with their payments of dues.

AR, VS, XF etc have now been freightened enough to cough up.

NOOB, GMF etc have gotten too big for their boots, and need to be taken down.   Look at Ma and Alibaba  and his ANT group....  

Glaude
3 hours ago, Diplomatico said:

Replicas are now treated with the same mechanics as gen market :D

Not on our watch, can't say much about other places but we will make sure this doesn't go crazy out of hand, factory "probably" closed or not

• Like 3

FudgyDocker

When has a factory ever closed for good after a raid? 

NOOB closing the doors? I should coco!

V6F are part of VSF (or vice-versa), so if one re-opens so will the other I guess.

Glaude

H-Factory was raided and never opened again, for various other reasons too but one being the raid, it was a different time though

I also doubt that Noob or their products will disappear like that, but Angus is probably the most reliable source for those info, the fact that he added "probably" is a testimony of his own doubt and probably want to stop getting request for those factories until he get some reliable news about their future

thejudge

Yep cant see Noob disappearing for good to big a name for that.  It will appear again some form even if its a phoenix  factory.