Simonix

Factory raids... [OLD from 2 years ago - Not happening now]

Aramis2288

Interesting post from Reddit:

AnthonyRWG
6 minutes ago, Aramis2288 said:

They aint fucking around wow covering there faces like that the second photo is the noob boss aint it? 

Ibanez

Re the comment, have we lived through and seen out the golden age of the super reps ?…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ibanez
4 minutes ago, Emmaparkers said:

Hello!

Shite first post

Fergulator72

Holy shit,that's full on,Im guessing high end reps in China is possibly over

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Aramis2288

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Re the comment, have we lived through and seen out the golden age of the super reps ?…

What's more concerning than the raids themselves is the change of approach of Chinese authorities towards counterfeit goods. Fair enough, if these factories 'just' got raided as usual, we could assume that new ones will open and sooner or later offer a similar quality of super reps.

But if this is the new reality of the rep business in China we may be on a rocky road.

The bottom line is, fookin' hell, I could have spent more money VSF and Noob reps when they were available. I don't need to eat every day anyway, do I? :D

3 hours ago, AnthonyRWG said:

They aint fucking around wow covering there faces like that the second photo is the noob boss aint it? 

Yeah, they look like they are gonna go to gulag together with their family and their closest friends.

2 hours ago, Emmaparkers said:

Hello!

LOL, easy way in, easier way out :ban1:

Edited by Aramis2288

Abe Fromen

Soooo is this just the rep watch industry or all reps... given that China makes and sells reps of everything from clothing to purses, shoes, watches, pens and even automobiles. 

• Like 1

Left Coast Guy

Eh, this all feels like a load of crap. I won't claim to have close sources in the rep game, but I source a lot from China and talk with our vendors there fairly regularly, and their take is that nothing has changed. Police do raids so they can collect some cash and show they're doing work and making an effort, but they're not really trying to shut anything down.  No one really sees reps as a "scourge", nor do they really care about IP rights....China wants folks employed an making stuff and that's bringing outside capital into China, they don't really care about anything else.  Maybe raids have happened, like they always do, and rep dealers have to keep their heads down for a bit, but seems unlikely its anything more than that.

The thing I have heard is that Covid was much more severe in China than has been released publicly, and its been really hard to find and keep workers.  

Aramis2288

Yet Noob and VSF are gone while other factories produce a limited portfolio of watches. Perhaps it's a mix of 2 factors here.

Dude7six

Does anyone know what actually happens when a factory is raided? Are people arrested? Machines destroyed? Or is it just a ticket to appear type thing?

fatarms
23 minutes ago, Dude7six said:

Does anyone know what actually happens when a factory is raided? Are people arrested? Machines destroyed? Or is it just a ticket to appear type thing?

Used to be a little more severe than the latter.  Click on the reddit story above and see for yourself how bad this one was. 

• Like 3

shyreplover

Some say in RWI that Noob has changed hands 3 times?  So maybe the current "owners" quit but that doesn't mean the end of Noob (or VSF) right? Especially now they know their watches is worth 888usd and UP!... higher profit margin than illicit drugs (less bribing, no constant fear from being killed by hitmans) and the punishment is waaaaaay less severe than being drug dealers.

Edited by shyreplover

Pesman

ORF is back according to Mary...they are GF under another name and do great quality Omega reps....take your pick...14e2f8f04254e8604b66a2071537ef2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

BadApple

Lack of PO's in that lot......   

G_sus

Seems like the likelihood of getting a 37mm Yachtmaster is getting further and further away :(

13 minutes ago, BadApple said:

Lack of PO's in that lot......   

I'd love a Globemaster or Consellation too, but they are well done the list of things to bring back...

Aramis2288
2 hours ago, G_sus said:

I'd love a Globemaster or Consellation too, but they are well done the list of things to bring back...

One piece I am really missing is Aqua Terra Worldtimer GMT. VSF used to make a phenomenal copy of that watch. Also, I would love to see some factories making these new Aqua Terra small seconds.

Hopefully, with time ORF will broaden its offering of Omega reps.

G_sus
7 minutes ago, Aramis2288 said:

One piece I am really missing is Aqua Terra Worldtimer GMT. VSF used to make a phenomenal copy of that watch. Also, I would love to see some factories making these new Aqua Terra small seconds.

Hopefully, with time ORF will broaden its offering of Omega reps.

I have/had a good few Omegas in my time, but the newer ones are just a little bit big for my taste!

Bring on the smaller models!

Undinist

I don't think the Reddit photo feature tells us anything significant. It's nice PR for the police, but police everywhere like to massively exaggerate the scale of their busts. There have always been raids. The teenagers at Reddit are getting all moist because they've never seen photos of them. The rep industry is so opaque and so distributed that we can never know more than a fraction of what really goes on.  The big story is Covid. I bet the effect of Covid has been 1000 times greater than this raid.  Xi Jinping and his friends don't give a fuck about Noob etc because fake Rolexes are never a story in the Western media, so there's no embarrassment.  And Rolex don't care either. They're happy making 800,000 watches per year, with waiting lists longer than ever, with their fastest growth market being China FFS! The fakes do a terrific job of promoting the real thing. 

• Like 3

Jaytreb

Not sure if it's been confirmed but it seems VSF are possibly up and running again (at least to some extent). The supply of them has slowly been increasing in the last week or 2 with TD's selling them at a premium claiming new old stock but they now seem to be promoting new models being released. Possibly good news? Or maybe I'm just too hopeful.

https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=24115

j8NbxJ.jpg

GenTLe
1 hour ago, Jaytreb said:

Not sure if it's been confirmed but it seems VSF are possibly up and running again (at least to some extent). The supply of them has slowly been increasing in the last week or 2 with TD's selling them at a premium claiming new old stock but they now seem to be promoting new models being released. Possibly good news? Or maybe I'm just too hopeful.

https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=24115

628$?

:rofl:

G_sus

VSF back up and running so I hear?

jrYMlX.jpg jrY4Wc.jpg jrYdd4.jpg jrYkJI.jpg jrYsFi.jpg

42mm PAM wouldn't go amiss...

BadApple
13 minutes ago, G_sus said:

VSF back up and running so I hear?

As is GF 

• Like 1

BravoDelta