Factory raids... [OLD from 2 years ago - Not happening now]

FudgyDocker
6 hours ago, Simonix said:

VSF and XF have returned to work. 

Ah, someone else that reads Andrew's emails :rofl:

• Like 1

Intresting
39 minutes ago, BoobBandit said:

That’s a negative Ghost Rider. ARF is shut tighter than a puckering.....well....you follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ha.  strange.  I heard that from Trusty and Mary....

Jonnybaws

Toro also confirmed that VSF and XF are back and taking orders....

:blush:

Robse1

Yes VS, XF, V6 accepting orders.

BoobBandit

at this point it's all farting in the wind 

Intresting

meanwhile.... China hates Australia... for sure.   Parcel still sitting on a Guangzhou tarmac.........

Glaude
8 hours ago, bdnica said:

All the reps I've ever purchased have been shipped via DHL or FedEx.  And they have always first surfaced as 'trackable in the system' from Hong Kong.  My last two surfaced and became trackable in Malaysia.  I find this significant due to some gossip I heard from a couple import/export agents we work with in Hong Kong on commercial matters.  The gossip is there's intent on the part of many replica manufacturers in multiple product categories to move manufacturing south... to Malaysia, Viet Nam, etc.  Cheaper labor and fewer problems.  That it won't happen overnight, but there are already some 'pilot plants' in process.  All due to the perception it's no longer business as usual in China on these sorts of things... but also the cost of labor in China has become less competitive than other countries in SE Asia.

This is all just gossip... I have no empirical data, drone over-flights or satellite imaging to prove such is true... but it seems like a logical option to at least investigate. 

@trailboss99 might be a good use of resources to grant @Glaude some time on the RWG satellite  to further investigate?  

The talk about going outside China for manufacturing is not new at all, almost no one thought this would ever be needed, but I guess we'll live to see it happen or not, so far, Narikaa is nailed this thread :lol: 

• Like 1

bdnica
3 hours ago, Glaude said:

The talk about going outside China for manufacturing is not new at all, almost no one thought this would ever be needed, but I guess we'll live to see it happen or not, so far, Narikaa is nailed this thread :lol: 

Hey, I prefaced all this by referring to it as 'gossip'!  But it does make some sense....?   Maybe @narikaa should swap 'rumors' to 'conspiracy theories?'  Either way, I think he should opine on this topic since he's closer to action on the ground...!  Narikaa?

BoobBandit

Ok. I got an email from Trusty that they’re taking orders again....does that mean ARF is open again???

I’m chomping on the bit here...

got the rep ‘shakes’ :frusty: :hookah:

BoobBandit

Just got an email from Andrew gang:

ARF is open

Noob is still a unknown for now

:thumbsup::boobies2:

• Like 1

Aramis2288

Some news from the main RWI thread has been posted over the weekend. 

Source: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-general-discussion/9809167-raids-happening-message-from-reddit-dealer/page56

The screenshots below are showing what allegedly is a message from Josh (PC). Some of the screenshots seem to be slightly disconnected, but if you read them carefully you can make some sense out of them.

The bottom line I suppose is that (if confirmed), the recent 'reopening' by VSF would be just their attempt to move the rest of the stocks out of one of their unaffected warehouses/storage spots. Once cleared they would disappear (perhaps temporarily, perhaps permanently) as they are still being hunted by the authorities.

ZbKCuS.jpg ZbKp6W.jpg ZbKTjQ.jpg ZbKl2P.jpg ZbKddR.jpg ZbKXOL.jpg

Edited by Aramis2288

thejudge

Apart from these various snippets from the dealers has there been any local news/paper reports on the raids released?

A link to Jiangsu (a Mandarin region) is interesting as its not the Cantonese area of china where most of the TD's are.  It would tend to suggest these raids are being lead by a unfriendly non-local force.  

tribefan
28 minutes ago, thejudge said:

Apart from these various snippets from the dealers has there been any local news/paper reports on the raids released?

A link to Jiangsu (a Mandarin region) is interesting as its not the Cantonese area of china where most of the TD's are.  It would tend to suggest these raids are being lead by a unfriendly non-local force.  

It is kinda interesting that selling them in China as gen is the Rubicon.

narikaa
8 hours ago, tribefan said:

It is kinda interesting that selling them in China as gen is the Rubicon.

Mmm, it is a  perilous path to go ripping off Chinese nationals of the sort who can afford fripperies such as high cost gen watches.

You are then poking the hyper-rich and party member type strata - giving ire to that demon can have very real & immediate fatal results.

A complaining word in the right ear and the party can flex and show it's far-reaching teeth.

As with much on that part of the planet, it is all about "face".

• Like 3

jcagara08

maybe, maybe a major CCP member or a relative of his fallen victim to this latest switcheroo deals in China and cried foul?

Tin foil hat is still on my head ain't it?

• Like 2

Aramis2288
22 hours ago, jcagara08 said:

maybe, maybe a major CCP member or a relative of his fallen victim to this latest switcheroo deals in China and cried foul?

Tin foil hat is still on my head ain't it?

Shhhh.....  They're coming, they're coming :D

Aramis2288

It seems like another raid took place.

Source: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-general-discussion/9809167-raids-happening-message-from-reddit-dealer/page62 (Mirotime).

This information seems in alignment with what one of the RWG TDs wrote to me today. 

Fkn hell, the authorities are not letting the factories breathe! :angry:

ZbsGCo.webp

Edited by Aramis2288

BoobBandit

For what it’s worth, I ordered an ARF Rolex last Thursday and I already received QC pics and shipping info

Aramis2288
21 minutes ago, BoobBandit said:

For what it’s worth, I ordered an ARF Rolex last Thursday and I already received QC pics and shipping info

I guess it's something recent. When I was asking about the availability of the watch I wanted last week (or so) all seemed to be okay.

Btw, what did you get from ARF? OP or something else?

BoobBandit

214270 Explorer 1 A3132. I’m pretty stoked. Should have within a couple of weeks. I’ve also got a DHGate U1 factory Patek 5711 incoming . 65 bucks. I’m crossing my fingers on that one

Aramis2288
7 minutes ago, BoobBandit said:

214270 Explorer 1 A3132. I’m pretty stoked. Should have within a couple of weeks. I’ve also got a DHGate U1 factory Patek 5711 incoming . 65 bucks. I’m crossing my fingers on that one emoji1787.png

Oh, trust me your Patek is gonna be a cracker of a watch! That reminds me of my (miserably failed) shopping attempt on Gran Bazaar in Istanbul. One seller showed me the (DHGate quality) AAA+ Patek 5711. He said it's so-called 'Genuine Fake' and he was even kind enough to drop the price from 1200 to 900 EUR! I felt like I am almost stealing from him so I declined. Regretting it till today  ...   

:blowup:

Hah, I've asked about the OP because since I've recently seen the Tiffany Blue Oyster Perpetual 41mm fitted on the Jubilee bracelet, I cannot stop thinking about it. I dunno what's wrong with me! I had the same situation with Hulk - spent many months hating that disgusting green color and look at me, I ended up owning two! :bounce:

• Like 1

BoobBandit

Yeah I hear good things about the DH U1 Patek. 

Wow, gotta love those bazaar clearances :D

Yeah, I like that OP too...it’s an illness I tellz ya...and we defo got it! :bananarider:

• Like 1

Aramis2288
1 minute ago, BoobBandit said:

Yeah, I like that OP too...it’s an illness I tellz ya...and we defo got it! :bananarider:

That blue has something in it. It is a bit 'girly' or 'delicate' (if I may say so), but on the other hand, it's extremely unique.

serumwhiskey
On 14/04/2021 at 16:14, Aramis2288 said:

Perhaps. But on the other hand, the watch industry is one that has been plagued with raids since forever. Some lighter, some stronger. Let's hope that this case is no different and it's just a matter of staying down for a few weeks after which everything will go back to a relative normality.

As I mentioned a few posts earlier, I've been in touch with my TD and the impression I got from the exchange of emails was that getting watches will not be a problem as soon as the factories reopened. She didn't seem to have a doubt about it. Let's hope my impression is correct, hold our fingers crossed and wait until we can place orders again...

hope your keeping those fingers crossed because fuck

BoobBandit
9 hours ago, Aramis2288 said:

That blue has something in it. It is a bit 'girly' or 'delicate' (if I may say so), but on the other hand, it's extremely unique.

I mean, I’m pretty secure in my masculinity. No issues with the dial. :groucho:

To me, you wear it with white shorts and a pink polo shirt. That’s me.