Sign in to follow this  
classikfan

How do I remove the movement from my replica Daytona

classikfan

Hi All

I'm new here so please be gentle. I have a rep Daytona which I need to dismantle. How do I get the the crown stem and the 2 push button stems out?

I cant see any obvious places to release them, help gratefully accepted, thanks in advance.

Stu

pfcdre

hi the crown stem comes out with either a tiny push button on the movement very close to where the stem goes in, or some movements have a tiny screw, in the case of the tiny push button dont push too hard or you may damage the movement, lightly press and at the same time gently pull on the crown stem, for the tiny screw just a couple of turns will do it dont completely unscrew and stem should come out, as for pusher stems i dont think you need do any thing to get the movement out hope that helps cheers

classikfan
hi the crown stem comes out with either a tiny push button on the movement very close to where the stem goes in, or some movements have a tiny screw, in the case of the tiny push button dont push too hard or you may damage the movement, lightly press and at the same time gently pull on the crown stem, for the tiny screw just a couple of turns will do it dont completely unscrew and stem should come out, as for pusher stems i dont think you need do any thing to get the movement out hope that helps cheers

Thanks for that, simple when you know how. Watch fixed and back together again.

ThinkBachs

Actually a question I had recently, nice to know I don't have to mess with the pushers (makes sense).