Simonix

My vintage Tudor 7928 mods.

Simonix

Hi all. 

I purchased a part finished Tudor 7928 outside of RWG. 

Its a BP base, and it came to me with aged bezel insert, hands, and a very nice dial. Unsure if it may be a Vietnam one, as it’s much nicer than factory stds?!

I set about ageing and polishing the case, plexi, bracelet and crown. As part of this process, I also thinned the lugs down, reshaped the CGs, and fitted a smaller crown and stem tube (the existing crown was HUGE!!). 

I sourced a rep rivet vintage bracelet, which may not be period correct, but looks great on Tudors. It doesn’t have the correct end links either  

This is it pretty much finished for my tastes for now. I have some 2mm thick vintage spring bars coming, so will need to open up the drilled lugs a little. 

Although I like the bracelet, I seem to prefer wearing it on a suede tan nato. 

ZE3RkE.jpg ZE3vvF.jpg ZE3Ezt.jpg ZE3NY2.jpg ZE3fVn.jpg ZE3Gi3.jpg ZE3Sps.jpg ZE30GY.jpg ZE3xLD.jpg ZE3J8k.jpg

• Like 1

BM284

Very nice build, biggest regret is selling my snowflake a few years back.... personally I think it suits the rivet bracelet better... each to their own though pal! Enjoy wearing ... :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Mbari

Beauty!! I have a gilt one with pcg sitting in the drawer, need to assemble bit. This is the perfect motivation. Wear it well, the insert, if you ever wanna get rid of it...I'll be here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mbari

My work in progress 7928 says Hello cfb23df17321097a76a7647694151690.jpg8a2e625987ff4e9edb3c4e2f8b883c6d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Solutionist

Out of interest, what did you use in order to thin the lugs?

Simonix
5 hours ago, Solutionist said:

Out of interest, what did you use in order to thin the lugs?

Small files, sandpaper, and polishing wheels.