Sign in to follow this  
Chiquita Fanjita

Let down by my fave rep :(

Chiquita Fanjita

As I mentioned a while ago I bought myself a noobfactory Swiss ETA DSSD 2nd hand, although practically new, from someone off a non watch related forum. All was good with it and I only wore it in the house as I was keeping it pristine for my best man duties at my best mates wedding later today. So last night (approx 4 hours ago) I thought I'd stick it on while dropping off last minute stuff to the hotel. So I adjusted the date and time as it hadn't been worn for about a week, and wound it to charge and get it running. I wound it 7 times before the second hand started moving and off I went.

While driving back I glanced at my DSSD to notice it was 45 mins slow and had infact stopped completely. So I took it off and readjusted time and thought maybe not enough charge so wound it once and found it quite tight, so for fear of overwinding I didn't try again. Needless to say it's still not working and to say I'm pissed off with it would be an understatement as I wanted it especially for the wedding.

Sorry for the rant but needed to vent my frustration before heading to bed. Will no doubt be looking for someone UK based for a repair job next week once the wedding and my duties have passed.

gB.

Dude, that sucks. But reps are like sexy hot blondes, pretty as hell but there will usually be something fucked up with them at some point. :)

c'est la vie...

SeanusMaximus
Dude, that sucks. But reps are like sexy hot blondes, pretty as hell but there will usually be something fucked up with them at some point. :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :P Sorry that one just got me in my sleepy stupor! On a serious note - rotten luck mate, get hold of Ska and see if he can fix you up soon!

flottiglia
Dude, that sucks. But reps are like sexy hot blondes, pretty as hell but there will usually be something fucked up with them at some point. :lol:

c'est la vie...

This is true !

Bad luck mate,if you feel confident enough to take the back off have a look and see if a screw has dropped out and locked it up.Seen it more than once.I tighten every screw on Chinese movements when i get a new one...

Chiquita Fanjita

Thanks guys. Just up and about to get ready for the big day and it's still buggered. Was hoping leaving it overnight might have got it going again but no such luck :popcorn: it's just sitting there like the dumb blonde, looking amazing but nothing happening in the brain department.

Think I'll PM SKA tomorrow night as I've no time this morning to play about with it and would rather give it to someone who knows what he's doing rather than me really make an arse of it and make it worse :lol:

Legger

That's shit luck mate. I hope the wedding goes well though and good luck with your speech.

Chiquita Fanjita
That's shit luck mate. I hope the wedding goes well though and good luck with your speech.

Cheers mate, it's more the dancing I'm dreading. I hate dancing :lol:

jameo210369

All men say they hate dancing but when they are at home they are all dancing queens.

Sorry to here about the watch, hopefully one of the guys on the forum will have a look at it for you.

Ped

This may not be very constructive, but i would have sent you up one of mine to wear if there was time

I hate it when sh!t like this happens, its not so much the missing out for me, its the hassle of getting it sorted ie being without it!! I even like looking at them in my watchbox when im not wearing them!

ImWatchingYOU

Sorry to hear this mate, but hopefully the wedding will not be underwater or in the water. So wear something more classy, then a diving watch! :gday_mate_haveabeer:

sconehead

...if you can get the case back off, check to see if thr rotor has come off, could be as simple as putting it back in place and tightening a single screw...worth a shot mate...:lol:

nunu78
Dude, that sucks. But reps are like sexy hot blondes, pretty as hell but there will usually be something fucked up with them at some point. :lol:

c'est la vie...

+1 :)

chum_2000_uk

c'est la vie...

Ha ha! Yeah, been there done that. I think when it comes to women, you have to accept that they all have issues... it's just a case of trying to find one with less issues.

Chiquita Fanjita
This may not be very constructive, but i would have sent you up one of mine to wear if there was time

I hate it when sh!t like this happens, its not so much the missing out for me, its the hassle of getting it sorted ie being without it!! I even like looking at them in my watchbox when im not wearing them!

Your offer is very much appreciated mate. You're right though, even though it's not working I can stop looking at it and admiring it :)

Despite my DSSD, the wedding went smoothly, and I got through the 3 dances with the lovely bridesmaids and my wife :) Even managed to make everyone laugh and cry with my speech.

Now to find someone in UK to fix it for me.

Del

Hi Aston. Sorry to hear about the DSSD but I'm glad the wedding went well! :) The Best Man speech is the pressure one - I've done it twice myself - so if you got laughs and tears then you must have nailed it! :)

Hope you can get the watch fixed mate.

MikeMcNair

ska's yer man.