Chiquita Fanjita

Something for the AP & Marvel fans

BadPickle
9 hours ago, deju said:

Have you ever felt a watch has been limited to too high a production number ?! 

:giggle: 

who the hell is black panther? Even in super hero circles he’s gotta be z-list 

Aramis2288

Holy shite, they multiply!!! :balls:

ZNsE5i.png

This one is only 7,5k though! Somebody hold my beer, gotta search for some spare change!

Edited by Aramis2288

Aramis2288

thejudge

So they are making 250 of these how many do you think will end up being bought by NBA/NFL/MLB players 50%?, 75%?

Aramis2288
12 minutes ago, thejudge said:

So they are making 250 of these how many do you think will end up being bought by NBA/NFL/MLB players 50%?, 75%?

I think it's so ugly they can take 'em all. :D

jowill923

TF is this thing? AP will make literally anything these days; sad to see!

Griffo

Is this AP doing a collab with Invicta?!

Zarbus

I have mixed feelings about this watch.

On the one hand it's clearly a very strange collab. We could argue that they are weakening the AP brand etc.. Also it's clearly a loud watch, and it's crazy expensive for what can be seen as just a comics/superhero "kids" watch. 

On the other hand it well made and apparently it's sold out. We need to keep in mind that AP is competing with Richard Mille and needs to appeal to younger generations etc.. I don't know, maybe it's a marketing stunt to have people talk about them on Social Media. People are immediately rejecting this watch, and from a brand perspective, strong emotions is better than no emotions at all.

At the end of the day it's not like if they were replacing ALL the other Royal Oaks by this. It's an experiment and we should applaud them for that. We keep complaining that Rolex never innovates, but we also complain when a brand shows something new that is ugly to our eyes.

To me this watch remind me of  a Jeff Koon scuplture. You may not like it, you may think it's overpriced or has no place in an art gallery... But it makes us reconsider what is art.

46.jeffkoons.REX.jpg?width=1200

Would we react the same way if it was a $200 Casio watch?

Horace Derwent

Ahahah,

First the Code 12.59 (stupidiest name EVER for a watch) which is this thing that sold nothing and was a flop

>%0A

Then this Marvel Royal Oak....cmon guys , AP is flogging a dead horse since too many years .

Their prices are absolutely enormous and unallpealing,

...even offensive, since the cheapest Royal Oak in steel costs near 20.000 $.

Incredible to me that the cheapest AP is way more expensive than a Breguet,a Blancpain,a Piaget...even A.Lange Sohne is cheaper than AP.

Call me unpopular, but AP is right now one of the more overpriced Brands out there.