topnote73

First ever rep

topnote73

After many moons reading the forum and thinking about it, then trying for a few on M2M, I finally managed to get a couple of watches to pop my rep cherry.

Welcome to my purchases:

Omega diver300 Nekton

ZNfr23.jpg

Tudor BB58 Blue

ZNfpIk.jpg

Delighted with them, rock-solid and can't believe the quality. Will be wrapped up and treated better than my gens lol.

Just need to introduce them into daily life sneakily or the wife will have to moan....could be worse and bought a gen version.

Do you remember  your first time and who was it with?

Edited by topnote73
  • Like 1

tribefan

Good choices! I think you'll be happy with those. Gotta let the wifey in on the amount saved NWBIG!

• Like 1

Mystery Shopper

This one- 1990, Patong Beach, Thailand. I never wore it & still have it in a drawer. It is diabolical.

SAM-2385.jpg\

First one on here- 2010- I still wear it and it is going strong.

SAM-2228.jpg

trailboss99

That would have been an original Noobmariner from  @Perfect Clones. I still have it somewhere but it's in bits ATM. 

k4jun

I no longer have it, but my 1st was "Moonwatch" in.. 40mm.., quartz.., and it had Seamaster written on the case back :D

G_sus

First decent one was a Tudor Black Bay Red with rose dial that I picked up in a back door M2M deal next door more years ago than I care to remember (was a member there a year or two before here) that I still have in my collection today!

First of any kind I don’t recall - Remember having a Tag Link Chronograph, an Omega PO and a horrific Subby before I really knew what I was doing, so possibly one of them :B):

Simonix

First was a breitling avenger back in mid 90s. Chronos didn't work, but had an automatic movement. Bought from a guy in a service station with a brand new BMW! HAHA!

I then bought a few from CQout, and Watch88 around the 00s. Long before I even knew about these forums.

Aramis2288

My first was Rolex GMT II Master bought from some street market in Saigon. Mid-end rep which was serving me well for a bunch of years. That's what got me hooked up.:D

Pesman

My Dad bought me back an appalling ticking Rolex Datejust from a business trip to HK in the mid 80's...wore it like it would fool everyone and must have looked a proper dick! It met its demise when I foolishly gave it to a pissed RAF pilot who offered to prove if it was rep or gen - he then flung it at the wall and - having calmly watched it explode into a 1000 pieces - stated that it was clearly not a gen...

My first decent rep was from Mary in 2012 with the usual Omega 007 Seamaster ... long gone now...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Abe Fromen

Mine was sometime in the late 90s when a friend brought me back a terrible black dialled Yachtmaster from her trip in Beijing . I used it as a beater for about 10 years and I guess from afar it looked ok enough since I had a few gym rats compliment me on my 'rollie'. 

movintage
On 21/04/2021 at 11:59, topnote73 said:

Do you remember  your first time and who was it with?

Sure do, as if it as yesterday.  I was 13 and it was on the beach under the Mill Avenue bridge with Gina!

• Like 1

Glaude

T5Q4I.jpg

From Perfect Clones

SteveA

Cousin in Royal Navy brought me a Rolie from the Far East .It was a yellow gold datejust with diamond encrusted bezel and indices,quartz ticker which I wore to death thinking I was the bollox.It made my wrist go black and when I look back it must’ve been about 45mm a bit like a godawful Invicta.I couldn’t kill the fucker never changed the battery,the bracelet eventually fell to bits and I found it in a drawer a couple of years later it was still going.Took the back off for fun,it was full of crud,the battery going green but still going couldn’t believe it.Put it in the bin in the kitchen but it reappeared  in my room,my mam said oh I think your nice watch has fallen into the bin so I’ve put it back.Tried again,Dad says found this son it’s yours isn’t it,it’s a nice bit of kit and still working don’t throw it away.

I took the fucker for a drive and threw it out of the window,it never returned.Only in my nightmares

• Like 2

GenTLe

My 1st one uhm...

I think it was an H-Factory Panerai 164. Still running strong (after 2 services) :)

DSCF1275.JPG

• Like 1

tribefan

The JLC RdM that is up for VIP raffle is the first rep I bought. Unfortunately, it was seized and I never got it. Been looking for one in the US ever since and haven't found one. Missed on a couple next door. I won't re-order it from China, bad juju.

rusky27

First rep was a poor polar explorer from ibiza in 92, I remember it coming off my wrist on a donut ride at sea. I told the boat captain I'd lost it really annoyed at the time. Man it was fun to see those guys their all week diving for it, mega lol.

My first decent one from m2m was a milgauss it just gave up the ghost a couple of years ago lasted 10yrs.

Edited by rusky27
  • Like 1

Redfire1066

Mines was a Rolex Datejust  . . .. (it had a quartz movement . .. lol) .. .   purchased from under the counter of the ice-cream van back in 1984 for the pricey sum of £15 . ..   quite a lot of money  .. .  when my take home pay as an apprentice back then was £56 a week .... paid in cash  .. lol   . ..  ..  . :Thinking:

• Like 1

rusky27
15 hours ago, Redfire1066 said:

Mines was a Rolex Datejust  . . .. (it had a quartz movement . .. lol) .. .   purchased from under the counter of the ice-cream van back in 1984 for the pricey sum of £15 . ..   quite a lot of money  .. .  when my take home pay as an apprentice back then was £56 a week .... paid in cash  .. lol   . ..  ..  . :Thinking:

Those icecream vans had a lot to answer for, I remember you could buy a £5 Mars bar which was basically a Mars bar with a micro dot included. Jeez god knows what their punting nowadays It wont be just double Nuggets... Lol

Edited by rusky27
  • Like 1

Bobbylah

1988 - Rolex datejust full gold president from a dodgy guy who visited the jobsite my dad was running at the time - what a wanker i must have looked at 17.

Nothing then until a Tag Heuer 4000 Series with the awesome red and green logo on the bezel from Petaling Jaya night market in KL in '96.

• Like 1

semperfi55

I first learnt about the high end rep scene after a friend showed me a few photos from his dealer contact(non-TD). One of them was a Royal Oak 15400 rep. That got me googling about reps, which inevitably led me here.

2 months later, I bought this JLC Reverso from TrustyTime. Credit to Andrew for shipping to my hotel in Singapore!

ZXpgcs.jpg

I will always remember the date I received my first rep:14/3/2018. 2 hours after opening the parcel, I found out that my grandfather had passed unexpectedly. Same day Stephen Hawking died.

I have sold on many watches since, but this piece will stay.

• Like 2

Horace Derwent
I no longer have it, but my 1st was "Moonwatch" in.. 40mm.., quartz.., and it had Seamaster written on the case back

My same first rep !

Now i sold it (since years) , in my case it had a Miyota 8215 and not a quartz , but i remember that totally wrong engraved Seamaster caseback ! !

Hilarious !

Jooster

My first trip to Singapore 30 years ago. Taxi driver took us to one of his mates ( obvious kick back scenario). Bought a Rolex Cellini and a Yachmaster.  Basic design. Funny thing the Yachtmaster still works. Go figure

BoobBandit

ZVvD32.jpg

My brother bought me this 21j POS while he was working in Beijing in 2012. I was wearing it when I proposed to my wife in Italy the next year..the hands fell off after we got married….I came here looking to replace it a couple years ago, been hooked ever since 

rek001

My first rep, an Omega Seamaster, was purchased from either Sean or Fast Eddie in about 2002, I think.

jowill923

First ever would have been a Noob PAM111 - back in 2014! Purchased from TB (my go to dealer!).

Unfortunately it crapped out on me after landing on it heavily during a fall, but probably for the best as I've completely fallen out of love with Panerais since! :D