Nice watch box

Where to get a nice watch box?

A lot which are not great for big watches

There are cheap ones

There are fake wood ones

PU leather ones

I saw the nicaraguan pam boxes in one of the forums looking like cigar boxes. Nice but high price and high customs risk

Then there are rainers which are praised but I think theyre also pricey and PU

FunnyStarSystem

A lot of us have purchased from this guy: https://www.wolf1834.com/watch-boxes

You need to find them on sale however.

I also have a 6 slot from Bey Berk, which is top notch: https://www.ebay.com/itm/164819918613?hash=item2660085f15:g:JcAAAOSwyylfpiRm

Here's the Bey Berk watch box website, all excellent quality.

Unlike the Wolf boxes however, the Bey Berk isn't great for large watches so it's where I keep my Rolexes.

ADDED: If you sign up for DROP, the Wolf Windsors are often deeply discounted on the site, here's a review. It's hard to tell quality through photos but these boxes are really well made and I wouldn't trade mine for a Rainer, which I've owned before and disliked because no glass top is offered. 

• Like 1

movintage

I only have a few reps, but they are IMO top shelf which I would hate to loose. I also have a significant gen  collection. I don’t keep my watches on display. They’re kept in a safe and all gens that are valued over $3.5K are insured for replacement value.

I think for anyone starting out or already has a growing gen collection, a safe is a wise choice. Generally speaking, a break-in will occur when your not at home be it an  apartment or house. It’s usually smash and grab. Quickly look for visible valuables like jewlery boxes, watch display cases, pull out and turn over drawers. In and out and carrying the loot in one or more of your own pillow cases.

Just my opinion.

BTW, I would bet the Nicaraguan PAM boxes are from Eric Gabriel a friend of mine who crafts exquisite exotic straps.

Edited by movintage
  • Like 2

Abe Fromen

Ranier watch boxes are imo the gold standard. Not sure where to get them anymore, but they pop up on eBay and other places. I have a 6 pot box that I've had for 15 years. Easily holds 47mm watches side by each without touching. Remarkably well made... think panerai display box design and quality. IIRC Raniers come from singles right up to 18 pots. Solid wood, leather and pleather. Mine looks brand new still. 

• Like 1

MetalMickey

Another vote for Rainer boxes - they are not cheap (I traded my TC submariner for my 6 watch box!) - but they are excellent quality, built to last and some of the only boxes that can swallow a collection of oversized watches without letting them bash against one another.

• Like 1

Rainer gets himself the watch boxes from china. Anybody has a link to aliexpress?

Popperini
Rainer gets himself the watch boxes from china. Anybody has a link to aliexpress?

Wait wut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk