Sign in to follow this  
rusky27

Jkf 5513 first build

rusky27

Well after swapping out Crystal for t19 service Crystal swapping out bezels and snapping my gen 703 crown. I have enjoyed the trials and tribulations of my first build.

I had to sand the whoopy dial all round to get to fit the jkf case 26.5mm dial, case 26mm. I also taped the dial to the movement as feet were wrong fit to my dg2813. 

Just cant seem to get seconds hand into the pinion, it's the same handset that came with the watch so theoretically should fit. I'm thinking  maybe I've closed over the hole by being to rough.

If Anyone have any ideas I'd be very gratefull!

I have bugger all tools and was using a biro pen tube to fit hour and minute hands. Tools will be ordered for 5513 mk2 build. 

Anyway, I'm very happy and surprised it's still working. Despite it not having a seconds hand and taking a kicking at the hands of me. 

Pics are below, the first pic is the inspiration.

2nd onwards of how it is now, and how it was when new. (hopefully an improvement.) 

ZR4krp.jpg

ZR4PCX.jpg ZR4Qw4.jpg ZR4lcI.jpg ZR4Cic.jpg ZR4TSi.jpg ZR4dLb.jpg

Edited by rusky27

NCRich

Hard to say, you could have snapped the pinion.  Can you see the pinion still in place?

rusky27

Yip true, if you look at the third pic, the wrist shot you can see a small metal pin centered inside the minute hand,  but without a magnifying glass I can't see a hole in this pin to insert the pin of the seconds hand.  If that makes any sense.

I believe it somehow closed over the hole in this pin by me not aligning the seconds hand correctly.

Seconds hand pin looks same length as another dg2813 seconds hand so maybe a possibility I could have snapped part of the seconds hand pin inside the movement pin, but I don't see a difference in length between the two. 

It still tells the time just has a no beat movement. :)

Edited by rusky27