cosmic2000

Triangle Shipping

cosmic2000

Hi to all

Does anyone living in Germany have experiences with buying from silix and custom issues? Silix doesn't offer triangle shipping and I am anxious that german customs keep the watch and will not pass it further. Are there alternative ways of shipping?

And secondly, is the hotmail the current mailadress?

Thanks for your replies.

Regards Cosmic2000

• Like 1

Aramis2288

Hi there,

Although I don't have any experience in shipping to Germany in particular. (I am based in another UE member country), I've been through some very unfortunate issues with 2 of my shipments getting seized by customs by the end of 2020.  Perhaps my experiences will be of use to you. 

I think there are few things you may wanna consider:

1. Triangle shipping via the UK:

As you probably know, back in the day, triangle shipping used to mean shipping from China to the UK and then from the UK to a country of final destination. It is unfortunately not a thing anymore as the UK left the EU. Although sending watches to the UK still seems fairly reliable, in terms of triangle shipping you are running a risk of 2 customs checks - first upon the package's arrival to the UK and second while shipping the package from the UK to (in your particular case) Germany. Furthermore, I am not entirely sure whether in case of shipping a package from the UK to the EU there are 1 or 2 customs checks (potentially may be one upon the package leaving the UK and second upon arriving in Germany).

2. Shipping goods between the UK and the EU as such:

Currently, there is a legal requirement to fill up certain paperwork when shipping goods from or to the UK ( the form is called CN22 if my memory does not let me down). I do have recent experiences in both shipping an M2M sold watch from the EU to the UK as well as receiving watch sent from the UK to the EU. Both have been declared as low-value gifts, packed in a non-suspicious bubble envelope. Fortunately, both went through without any issues, however, keep in mind that the post-Brexit reality is a fresh one and there is not much evidence available in order to be able to form a reliable opinion regarding how safe it is.

3.  Triangle shipping via other EU member countries:

Lately, my TD offered me a triangle shipment via Belgium. All went as smooth as a butter. It is the first time I got the shipment delivered by this method and thus I don't know how reliable the entry via Belgium is, but perhaps it is something you may wanna consider as a potential alternative to the UK Triangle shipment. Some of the more experienced RWG users were suggesting shipments via the Netherlands as well.  You should ask your TD and see what they say.

4. Worst case scenario:

If the shit hits the fan and the donkeys from customs get interested in your package there is one and single most important factor to consider - their operational procedures. What I mean by this is that in certain EU countries, when the customs are checking a given package they are opening it by default - always. If that's the case in Germany, and they caught your package, you are pretty much screwed. In other countries they don't open the package, instead, they ask you for evidence (invoice, bank transfer or Paypal payment confirmation, screenshot from the website, etc.). If that's the case in your country you can consider yourself lucky. All you gotta do is answer them claiming that you don't know what this package is and you never ordered it. They will have to send it back. It will take a (long) while but then your TD (or your TD's forwarding agent) will be able to get it back and send it to you again. This, however, introduces additional risks - package getting screwed by the Chinese customs on its way back or getting lost. In either case, it's still better than getting nailed by customs and lost IMO.

Edited by Aramis2288

cosmic2000

Hi mate
Thank you very much for your very detailed view onto the problem how the watch can get through to the buyer. Brexit doesn't make life easier ...
I will try and contact silix if they know a safe way. If so I will report at this place.
Thanks a lot and cheers
cosmic2000

Aramis2288
26 minutes ago, cosmic2000 said:

Hi mate
Thank you very much for your very detailed view onto the problem how the watch can get through to the buyer. Brexit doesn't make life easier ...
I will try and contact silix if they know a safe way. If so I will report at this place.
Thanks a lot and cheers
cosmic2000

Try to check what's your TD's policy in case of lost packages (due to lost shipment, customs seizure, or any other reason). The rule of thumb is that the top-notch TDs tend to offer a free replacement. When you browse through this and other forums you will find mixed stories - when it comes to refunds different TD's have a different approach. Some may provide a replacement watch or a refund without a problem, others may require an official letter from the carrier company confirming that the package got lost, etc. Probably it's something worth confirming before you place an order.

Edited by Aramis2288

Mikrotsutsunos

And good luck with the communication with the TD.  

I love my TD but he doesn't like questions. 

I had the same question as you and i received as an answer a one liner practically saying nothing....

stops

Aramis would it be possible to share the TD that is using Belgium for shipping? If it is not allowed here then in PM?

I've been out of the rep game for about 10 years and have recently started getting back in. M2M is what I'm relying on for now. I'm trying to find a TD that uses triangulation through an EU country that is not UK since that is no longer an option. I'm afraid that the package will get seized by customs and I will have to pay a fine for importing "counterfeit goods" when ordering directly from China. Thanks!

Edit: sorry for asking that here, just noticed it is in a Silix thread

Aramis2288
52 minutes ago, stops said:

Aramis would it be possible to share the TD that is using Belgium for shipping? If it is not allowed here then in PM?

I've been out of the rep game for about 10 years and have recently started getting back in. M2M is what I'm relying on for now. I'm trying to find a TD that uses triangulation through an EU country that is not UK since that is no longer an option. I'm afraid that the package will get seized by customs and I will have to pay a fine for importing "counterfeit goods" when ordering directly from China. Thanks!

Edit: sorry for asking that here, just noticed it is in a Silix thread

I guess that in order to avoid the wrath of the Moderators and possibly breaking the Community rules it's better if you don't start these sort of topics publicly and most certainly not on another TD's page, mate. I am happy to share my personal experiences with you, but I think it would be more appropriate if you PM me.

Edited by Aramis2288

stops

Of course yes, I noticed where the thread is after I posted. I was on Tapatalk on my phone, apologies.