Aramis2288

Benson - The Best Watch Box & Winders Brand Ever

Aramis2288

Hi all,

I wanted to share my experiences in getting a watch box from the not very known company - Benson.

For a long time, I was looking for a perfect watch box. What I wanted was the storage capacity of min. 12 watches or (preferably) more, black outside and inside, covered with black leather or black wood, ideally piano gloss finishing,  simplistic design with a solid top and no see-through glass. Something that would look nice standing on the shelf without revealing what's inside in the overly obvious manner.

Although, as I thought, my requirements were not particularly sophisticated I found it utterly difficult to find what I wanted. All the watch boxes that I managed to find were not what I expected, not produced anymore, or filthy expensive.

Luckily enough I came across the company called Benson. They are based in the Netherlands and make high-end watch boxes and winders - http://en.benson-watchwinders.com/ .

I nailed a heavily discounted watch box (end of one of their series) and damn, I am over the moon with it. It was not the cheapest one around, but the quality is absolutely superb - totally worth the price. Their stuff is made of solid wood (not the Ikea-type wooden paper thing) and the construction is very sturdy. In fact, I am so happy with it I may buy a small watch winder from them as well. 

For all of you who consider buying a high(er) quality watch storage box I highly recommend taking a look at their offering. Indeed they are not very cheap but I think that the quality of their products is in pair with WAY more expensive brands.

ZGqin5.jpg ZGqahp.jpg ZGqmsF.jpg ZGqqZt.jpg ZGqII2.jpg ZGqOXE.jpg ZGq1W3.jpg ZGqYxn.jpg ZGqnfY.jpg ZGq9Qs.jpg

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 3

tribefan

Nice. Love the finish and interior on that. Hinges and clasp are well done too. 

High end watch boxes that aren't bank busters are really hard to find. I lucked out on a Heiden burl finish I found on eBay used for under $80, it came in perfect shape and I have never seen another one like it since. They don't even make watchboxes on their website, only winders. It truly was right place, right time search.

• Like 1

Aramis2288
26 minutes ago, tribefan said:

Nice. Love the finish and interior on that. Hinges and clasp are well done too. 

High end watch boxes that aren't bank busters are really hard to find. I lucked out on a Heiden burl finish I found on eBay used for under $80, it came in perfect shape and I have never seen another one like it since. They don't even make watchboxes on their website, only winders. It truly was right place, right time search.

Same here, mate. I was checking this box about a year ago and it was way too expensive. Then recently I started searching again and I realized that it is not produced anymore, unfortunately even Benson themselves confirmed that. They started producing a bit different design (leather), but in my opinion, it does not look nearly as good. No idea why they stopped making these gorgeous piano gloss ones. The last (!) box with a storage capacity of 18 wathes that I've found was in some boutique in Toronto. I ordered it immediately and here it is. Pure luck.

One of the very good companies was UK-based Aevitas, they had amazing carbon-fiber models in their collection.  Unfortunately, it seems like they are dying off as well :fear:

Edited by Aramis2288