WatchGeek5711

3kf Aquanaut Green

WatchGeek5711

Hello,

i been looking to get the new release of 3KF, the Green 5168. i checked on TrustyTime about the specs, says 8,3mm thick (8,25 Gen) wich is a dream. anyone has seen any "Real" pics of the Rep yet?

i dont trust the usual TD renders

WatchGeek5711

I recieved my QCs and accepted them though the color is a little bit too green and doesnt look like on the TDs pics.

will share natural light once it is here.

Z0N3zS.jpg

WatchGeek5711

Z0NKwL.jpg

You can see the strap just looks too dark green and nothing like the olive green the gen does

Z0NAi8.jpg

The thickness looks to be about whats claimed, i will take a look and check once it arrives.

Z0NeGv.jpg

Rokerite

You are not allowed to post QC pictures on this forum  mate.

Chiquita Fanjita

These pics are allowed. The rules have changed slightly recently. The watch has already been approved so the pics are fine to remain, it’s only if the poster was looking for opinions or had questions regarding the watch that they wouldn’t be allowed.

I’m also curious to see what this is like when it arrives, as from looking on TD sites it looks too green to me as well and not like the dark olive/army green of the gen.

• Like 1

Rokerite
5 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

These pics are allowed. The rules have changed slightly recently. The watch has already been approved so the pics are fine to remain, it’s only if the poster was looking for opinions or had questions regarding the watch that they wouldn’t be allowed.

I’m also curious to see what this is like when it arrives, as from looking on TD sites it looks too green to me as well and not like the dark olive/army green of the gen.

I stand corrected 

• Like 1

GingerApple

Let's give it is proper name please: The Ferret Rule. :)

• Like 1

WatchGeek5711

Z0Nx1I.jpg

Incase anyone didnt know 3kf is still applying print on their movement clone. Here is a picture from my approved QCs 

Spoiler

BadApple

One thing the reppers seem to never get right is green. It took ages to get the Hulk right, a superb bathyscaphe recently was a country mile out  and this compared to the gen is quite a way off BUT the watch on it's own and not side by side with the gen is a nice bit of kit and if anything a nicer green. Not so drab. 

Z0NJ4c.jpg

• Like 1

Chiquita Fanjita
27 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

:lol: 

WatchGeek5711
37 minutes ago, BadApple said:

One thing the reppers seem to never get right is green. It took ages to get the Hulk right, a superb bathyscaphe recently was a country mile out  and this compared to the gen is quite a way off BUT the watch on it's own and not side by side with the gen is a nice bit of kit and if anything a nicer green. Not so drab. 

Z0NJ4c.jpg

I own a zzf hulk v2s and the color isnt quite perfect there too, one would think after all those years the rep factorys would finally find a way to copy the colors of the gens.  I do belive the strap color can be adjusted by buying a gen (lol) strap or a alibaba copy,  the dial shouldnt be too wrong in nature.

Rokerite

Z0RrUK.png

1 hour ago, TheGingerFerret said:

• Like 1

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Rokerite said:

Z0RrUK.png

I'm a very big fan of that!

• Like 1

tribefan
24 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I'm a very big fan of that!

Me too!

Z0fjIQ.png

• Like 2

Chiquita Fanjita
3 hours ago, WatchGeek5711 said:

I do belive the strap color can be adjusted by buying a gen (lol) strap 

Dunno if I’d spend £8000 for a rubber strap to stick on my £400 rep :lol: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233499143085

There are a couple of others, the cheapest being £4500.

• Like 2

GingerApple
2 hours ago, tribefan said:

Me too!

Z0fjIQ.png

That also looks quite appropriate sadly.

• Like 1

WatchGeek5711
1 hour ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Dunno if I’d spend £8000 for a rubber strap to stick on my £400 rep :lol: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233499143085

There are a couple of others, the cheapest being £4500.

Yeah insane prices..  maybe in nature it doesnt look too off

• Like 1

Chiquita Fanjita
29 minutes ago, WatchGeek5711 said:

Yeah insane prices..  maybe in nature it doesnt look too off

Fingers crossed. Look forward to seeing yours when it arrives.

Glaude

Those are some HQ QC pics ! 

About the green, that's where the human eyes is the most sensitive, we are more likely to see tiny differences in the green shades than in any other color, so I suppose this could be the reason the "right" green is difficult to get satisfied with

WatchGeek5711
3 hours ago, Glaude said:

Those are some HQ QC pics ! 

About the green, that's where the human eyes is the most sensitive, we are more likely to see tiny differences in the green shades than in any other color, so I suppose this could be the reason the "right" green is difficult to get satisfied with

Im buying from my TD since Years now, the pics are always HQ, it adds to the flaire of buying a (eventho its just a rep) new watch

WatchGeek5711

A small update TD seems busy alot, no reply in nearly a week about shipping status. Might need 1-2 weeks more to post real pics of the watch

WatchGeek5711

ZxB56v.jpg

This is the first pic i got so far thats not under extreme white light, color does still seem to be too dark green.

well its gonna be a week from now on as far as ik from previous purchases, DHl do be slow last weeks though.

will keep yall updated

WatchGeek5711

The day has come, so ill post more pics from outside, bit too dark on the strap however not as much of a difference as you may expected.

watch is on the large side tho extremely thin and comfortable, without any further chit chat here come the first pics (color slightly too saturated due to my shit cam)

ZJjIo8.jpg ZJji1Q.jpg ZJjogR.jpg ZJjmML.jpg ZJjOTK.jpg

One thing to add before i rush outside for these pics, the rotor is loud, like really loud. Would recommend a silencer for this thing otherwise you may wake up your neighbours at night by moving your hand in various ways

• Like 1

Chiquita Fanjita

@WatchGeek5711 that looks lovely.  The second pic looks very green yet the second last pic looks a bit more of the olive green colour.  How does the colour actually compare in hand to the pics of the gen?

WatchGeek5711
6 minutes ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

@WatchGeek5711 that looks lovely.  The second pic looks very green yet the second last pic looks a bit more of the olive green colour.  How does the colour actually compare in hand to the pics of the gen?

i wish my phone did the watch justice ill use a mates iphone when im home but here are some outside pics, the color is actually not that far off after i have seen a few Videos of the gen it comes pretty close and the dial is nearly "spot on" 

ZJzeXb.jpg ZJzWW5.jpg ZJz5xp.jpg ZJzLIi.jpg ZJzaQF.jpg ZJzift.jpg ZJzo22.jpg

it seems to play with the light in a really nice way finishing ot the watch is stunning Overall. 

• Like 1