tslims99

ZZF v3 sub

tslims99

After allowing Andrew to hold onto my money for a month, I came to the conclusion that VSF may not be opening again any time soon. Therefore I decided to switch my order to the ZZF v3 sub, as Andrew claims that he can get me one. I have read some reviews on the other forums, but can't find anything here. Does anyone have an opinion (yes, Ginger, I mean other than you :bananarider:) It seems like a solid rep.

Diplomatico

The ZZF junior version is the best value for money for any Sub rep atm.

• Like 1

Aramis2288
2 hours ago, tslims99 said:

After allowing Andrew to hold onto my money for a month, I came to the conclusion that VSF may not be opening again any time soon. Therefore I decided to switch my order to the ZZF v3 sub, as Andrew claims that he can get me one. I have read some reviews on the other forums, but can't find anything here. Does anyone have an opinion (yes, Ginger, I mean other than you :bananarider:) It seems like a solid rep.

I do own ZZF V2s 116010LV (Hulk).  Although I cannot speak for the V3 yet (work in progress), as far as I know, these 2 versions are not very far away from each other in terms of quality and details.

Overall a VERY solid rep and I am happy with it. Solid build (as you would expect for this price point), the bracelet is very good as well. all in all very good value for money.

If it is about the downsides: The cyclops AR is a bit worse than VSF, the pearl has a tad more yellowish tone. Also, reportedly the date font is a tiny bit thinner than the gen. 

In practice, it all depends on how much meaning all the small details have for you. There are people who are extremely bothered by the smallest misalignment of the rehaut, and there are others who don't give a flying monkey about small issues as long as the overall quality is ok. 

Since V3 is slightly improved, plus you will get the ARF bracelet I would not hesitate to go for it if I was you. You can always swap Xtal and the date wheel to gen if you would be extremely bothered (which I doubt). Plus once VSF reopened you can always sell it and get yourself a VSF if you will see a reason to do so.

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 1

tslims99
1 hour ago, Aramis2288 said:

I do own ZZF V2s 116010LV (Hulk).  Although I cannot speak for the V3 yet (work in progress), as far as I know, these 2 versions are not very far away from each other in terms of quality and details.

Overall a VERY solid rep and I am happy with it. Solid build (as you would expect for this price point), the bracelet is very good as well. all in all very good value for money.

If it is about the downsides: The cyclops AR is a bit worse than VSF, the pearl has a tad more yellowish tone. Also, reportedly the date font is a tiny bit thinner than the gen. 

In practice, it all depends on how much meaning all the small details have for you. There are people who are extremely bothered by the smallest misalignment of the rehaut, and there are others who don't give a flying monkey about small issues as long as the overall quality is ok. 

Since V3 is slightly improved, plus you will get the ARF bracelet I would not hesitate to go for it if I was you. You can always swap Xtal and the date wheel to gen if you would be extremely bothered (which I doubt). Plus once VSF reopened you can always sell it and get yourself a VSF if you will see the reason to do so.

TBH, the shitty rehaut on the VSF was a huge bother to me, but everything else (except maybe the bracelet too) about I was excited about.. Both the bracelet and the rehaut look a lot better on the ZZF from what I can see. From what I have read, the cyclops is still not as good as the VSF, but not by much. From the QC pics on Andrew's website, you can definitely see that the cyclops reflects rbg colors a bit, but everything else about it looks great. I am excited!!!

• Like 1

Aramis2288
46 minutes ago, tslims99 said:

TBH, the shitty rehaut on the VSF was a huge bother to me, but everything else (except maybe the bracelet too) about I was excited about.. Both the bracelet and the rehaut look a lot better on the ZZF from what I can see. From what I have read, the cyclops is still not as good as the VSF, but not by much. From the QC pics on Andrew's website, you can definitely see that the cyclops reflects rbg colors a bit, but everything else about it looks great. I am excited!!!

Yeah, mate. You see, the truth is that everything regarding the Xtal when viewed on the photos is a mere approximation. Only when you wear it and see how it behaves in different lighting conditions you can really assess how good or bad it is. And again, Gen Xtal is the easiest part to acquire and swap. Not the cheapest one but the easiest. So if it's a keeper for you, you can always improve it. Now, regarding the rehaut on VSF indeed they were reported to be a bit shite, but then allegedly the newest (released prior to these fkn raids) with the serial numbers starting with S29 and onwards had a nicely (or at least better) aligned rehaut. Hands of the VSF are claimed to be worse than ZZF as well. Also, from what I've read the VSF somehow improved the plating of the numbers on the ceramic bezel making it pop more and preventing it from darkening. In practice, however, I did not notice any sort of fading or darkening on the bezel of my ZZF.

I honestly think that VSF and ZZF are 2 top dogs if it is about the subs. Without having both of them in hand and comparing I guess it comes to personal preferences. Sometimes when I am reading all of these Rolex threads on RWI I am honestly wondering how the hell are they even spotting some of these differences. Get yourself the ZZF with no fear, mate.

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 1

tslims99
On 12/05/2021 at 18:06, Aramis2288 said:

Yeah, mate. You see, the truth is that everything regarding the Xtal when viewed on the photos is a mere approximation. Only when you wear it and see how it behaves in different lighting conditions you can really assess how good or bad it is. And again, Gen Xtal is the easiest part to acquire and swap. Not the cheapest one but the easiest. So if it's a keeper for you, you can always improve it. Now, regarding the rehaut on VSF indeed they were reported to be a bit shite, but then allegedly the newest (released prior to these fkn raids) with the serial numbers starting with S29 and onwards had a nicely (or at least better) aligned rehaut. Hands of the VSF are claimed to be worse than ZZF as well. Also, from what I've read the VSF somehow improved the plating of the numbers on the ceramic bezel making it pop more and preventing it from darkening. In practice, however, I did not notice any sort of fading or darkening on the bezel of my ZZF.

I honestly think that VSF and ZZF are 2 top dogs if it is about the subs. Without having both of them in hand and comparing I guess it comes to personal preferences. Sometimes when I am reading all of these Rolex threads on RWI I am honestly wondering how the hell are they even spotting some of these differences. Get yourself the ZZF with no fear, mate.

Thanks for the well thought out response! I am still waiting on Andrew, and losing my patience fast. It has been almost six weeks. I told him that I would give him one more week. I have been very patient and polite up until this point, but I am growing tired of his excuses and starting to think that I am being taken for a ride.

BadApple
2 minutes ago, tslims99 said:

Thanks for the well thought out response! I am still waiting on Andrew, and losing my patience fast. It has been almost six weeks. I told him that I would give him one more week. I have been very patient and polite up until this point, but I am growing tired of his excuses and starting to think that I am being taken for a ride.

VSF are back up and running in a few days 

• Like 1

tslims99
1 minute ago, BadApple said:

VSF are back up and running in a few days 

Even so, I told Andrew to go ahead and try to switch my order to the ZZF at his suggestion and he is still dragging ass. I understand the situation, and I am doing my best to stay cool, but having my money tied up on the other side of the world for a month and a half is not sitting well with me. 

BadApple
9 minutes ago, tslims99 said:

Even so, I told Andrew to go ahead and try to switch my order to the ZZF at his suggestion and he is still dragging ass. I understand the situation, and I am doing my best to stay cool, but having my money tied up on the other side of the world for a month and a half is not sitting well with me. 

There have been some factory raids - haven't you heard???

This game isn't for you I'm afraid - you haven't the mindset - take up knitting or trainspotting. 

tslims99
6 minutes ago, BadApple said:

This game isn't for you I'm afraid - you haven't the mindset - take up knitting or trainspotting. 

I'm afraid that I've been in this game since you were wearing a Pokemon watch. Check the date I signed up. I've simply never had to wait even remotely this long for anything before. 

tslims99
12 minutes ago, BadApple said:

And if I was told that a ZZF is available 10 days ago, then why shouldn't I believe that 10 days to procure it is a bit much?

tslims99
15 minutes ago, BadApple said:

I will repeat...I GET what is going on, but at some point my money can be better used elsewhere, rather than sitting in someone else's bank account on the other side of the world. 

BadApple
53 minutes ago, tslims99 said:

And if I was told that a ZZF is available 10 days ago, then why shouldn't I believe that 10 days to procure it is a bit much?

There have been some raids - everything is taking longer

50 minutes ago, tslims99 said:

I will repeat...I GET what is going on, but at some point my money can be better used elsewhere, rather than sitting in someone else's bank account on the other side of the world. 

59 minutes ago, tslims99 said:

I'm afraid that I've been in this game since you were wearing a Pokemon watch. Check the date I signed up. I've simply never had to wait even remotely this long for anything before. 

So it's taking you a long time to sink in this game isn't for you - just tells me you are a bit slooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

tslims99
3 hours ago, BadApple said:

So it's taking you a long time to sink in this game isn't for you - just tells me you are a bit slooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

That's not it...I actually teach your slow children for a living. Fact.

tslims99
3 hours ago, BadApple said:

As I said, check the sign up date. Just because I don't have 6331 posts like you means I have a life. I don't have time to devote my life to replica watches like you. 

Edited by tslims99
mispelling

BadApple
56 minutes ago, tslims99 said:

That's not it...I actually teach your slow children for a living. Fact.

52 minutes ago, tslims99 said:

As I said, check the sign up date. Just because I don't have 6331 posts like you means I have a life. I don't have time to devote my life to replica watches like you. 

BoobBandit
2 hours ago, tslims99 said:

Friend, the thing about social media/forums like this / whatever you want to call it is, it's all to be taken with a grain of salt. 

It'll be hard to get any sympathy on a forum like this considering, in many places, it has been posted that the nature of this past time involves waiting and unpredictable variables.

Alot of folks appreciate Andrew and will be more likely stick up for his point of view. 

I'm just saying. Probably best to not get to worked up. It usually works itself out. It just takes time. 

Cheers mate. Make it a great one!

• Like 1

5teve

I recently got one of these, not to worry you but you did ask,rehaut not aligned, timing terrible, when I unscrewed the case back to regulate it shards of metal went inside the watch.

• Like 1

5teve

And I would just like to add, of all the TD'S on here Andrew is the one that never seems to sleep, always replys promptly and has never ever let me down with what he has supplied.I would have 100% confidence in him, even if it is taking longer to get your original order through no fault of his own.

• Like 2

tslims99
12 hours ago, BoobBandit said:

Friend, the thing about social media/forums like this / whatever you want to call it is, it's all to be taken with a grain of salt. 

It'll be hard to get any sympathy on a forum like this considering, in many places, it has been posted that the nature of this past time involves waiting and unpredictable variables.

Alot of folks appreciate Andrew and will be more likely stick up for his point of view. 

I'm just saying. Probably best to not get to worked up. It usually works itself out. It just takes time. 

Cheers mate. Make it a great one!

I appreciate your advice and will take it in kind! 

• Like 1

tslims99

UPDATE:

Received my order yesterday (PAM 111 and ZZF v3 Sub). The ship was very fast after the long wait, so cheers to Andrew for that. PAM looks great, as does the Sub...BUT, can't remove the links from the sub. I posted a topic asking for help in the main forum. Cheers!

• Like 2

WatchGeek5711

i have a  zzf v2s hulk, the only thing i really really dislike about is are these crownguards. they do look just too different to gens too close to Crown / no gap & also they look somewhat too big.. call me nit picky but it triggerd me along with the too dark bezel & too less "thick" White in the bezel font.  been thinking about a black sub yet debating between ARF ZZF VSF (not about who makes the better sub, theres plenty topics on that lol more wich do i like)

edit: would you recommend the black over the hulk from ZZF? 

pic is to show what i mean with the CGs:

ZJiMo1.jpg

Edited by WatchGeek5711

tslims99
2 hours ago, WatchGeek5711 said:

i have a  zzf v2s hulk, the only thing i really really dislike about is are these crownguards. they do look just too different to gens too close to Crown / no gap & also they look somewhat too big.. call me nit picky but it triggerd me along with the too dark bezel & too less "thick" White in the bezel font.  been thinking about a black sub yet debating between ARF ZZF VSF (not about who makes the better sub, theres plenty topics on that lol more wich do i like)

edit: would you recommend the black over the hulk from ZZF? 

pic is to show what i mean with the CGs:

ZJiMo1.jpg

Hi! I do see what you mean about the crown guards on the "hulk". The lugs on the v3 black are still not perfect compared to the gen (still not much of a gap and sharper), but I think they look fine. The only real issue I have found so far (other than the stubborn links, which I resolved) is the same issue that everyone else has been mentioning- the cyclops on the crystal does have an RBG glare to it in most lighting conditions which, being nitpicky, does bother me some. Minor issues include the bezel being a little tighter in some spots when turning, but it is not that much of an issue. I also have questions about any clone movement, but only time will tell with that. The bezel color may be a shade off in dark lighting, but I have the right marker for a color mod if I decide to go that route...probably not worth the effort though.

Overall, for under $500, it is a good buy. I am satisfied :).

WatchGeek5711
1 hour ago, tslims99 said:

Hi! I do see what you mean about the crown guards on the "hulk". The lugs on the v3 black are still not perfect compared to the gen (still not much of a gap and sharper), but I think they look fine. The only real issue I have found so far (other than the stubborn links, which I resolved) is the same issue that everyone else has been mentioning- the cyclops on the crystal does have an RBG glare to it in most lighting conditions which, being nitpicky, does bother me some. Minor issues include the bezel being a little tighter in some spots when turning, but it is not that much of an issue. I also have questions about any clone movement, but only time will tell with that. The bezel color may be a shade off in dark lighting, but I have the right marker for a color mod if I decide to go that route...probably not worth the effort though.

Overall, for under $500, it is a good buy. I am satisfied :).

yeah i Love the lugs on the Gen subs i think vsf getting Close af to gen Specs on the 126610s but the lugs on the Hulk v2s zzf was & are spot on aswell imo.

you have some pics of yours?