Jimbo255

4130 movement

Jimbo255

Hi Guys,

What are everyones thoughts on the Noob 4130 movement being picked up by another factory should Noob not make a return?

• Like 1

Aramis2288

I am inclined to think it all depends on $$$ the other 'factory' owner would be willing to pay for the blueprints. 

In my opinion, Noob must have done some rather serious R&D in order to be able to replicate the movement and to develop some logistics so that they can outsource its production, assembly, and delivery. It is therefore logical to think that there must be some sort of data / blueprints / intelectual 'property' (if I may call it this way) that could be sold 'under the table'.  If we, for a sake of this discussion,  assume that the Noob is actually never going back, somebody would need to acquire the blueprints, find the factories that would be willing to produce it, and hopefully, the outcome could be the 4130 clones with comparable (or better) quality and reliability to Noob's.

At the moment it is still hard to assess the damage the recent raids have inflicted on the whole delicate chain of manufacturers and suppliers working together in order to build quality rep. later sold under the Noob or VSF label. As we concluded in other thread(s), disrupting such a chain would have far more devastating consequences for the industry than just raiding the warehouses and seizing the watches. 

Hopefully, it's not the case though. We gotta wait and see.

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 1

Jimbo255

Thanks @Aramis2288 thats is a great response.  I personally believe that if Mr Noob is actually planning/forced to no longer make watches then there will be people involved that will take those blueprints and contacts and either setup shop at another factory or likely sell the movement to other factories.  I unfortunatley bought a watch a day or 2 before said raids after doing too much research and umming and ahhing.  Oh well lets hope that the movement lives on.

thejudge

I think it all depends which factory was hit if it was just the finally assembly factory, the movements factory maybe ok.

Edited by thejudge

deju

Rfac have it. 

GenTLe

It's one of the few movements that didn't end up on AliExpress as spare movement. Strange if you ask me. The other Rclones are there.

Intresting
Just now, GenTLe said:

It's one of the few movements that didn't end up on AliExpress as spare movement. Strange if you ask me. The other Rclones are there.

noob had a stranglehold on supply.   Usually other factories will come up with similar movements  eg the subs.   Only noob has full functioning tonas, right up to the raids.     It would be their cash chow.

Cdrseabee
2 hours ago, Intresting said:

noob had a stranglehold on supply.   Usually other factories will come up with similar movements  eg the subs.   Only noob has full functioning tonas, right up to the raids.     It would be their cash chow.

Hmm. Sounds like some other factories were jealous. Is Noob the only one still closed? Hmmm

• Like 1