Oris

YouTube 116500LN Rep to Gen Comparison with Macro Lens

Oris

Refreshingly neutral take on the genre of YouTube rep to gen comparisons. 

Refreshing in that it's completely free of moralistic pontifications on behalf of the presenter, on the topic of how despicably reprehensible replicas (and their wearers) are. 

Interestingly, in her intro she goes into a little detail about how, in her opinion,  replica makers use the 'marketing trick' of improving tells with each model, whilst introducing new tells to keep buyers coming back for the next 'improved' version... 
As it's such an often discussed trope around the forums, it makes me wonder whether Jenni-Elle has been wandering among us.

She then gets straight to the macro gen v rep comparison.
She certainly gets to the 'heart' of the matter in highlighting the absence of regulator screws on the balance wheel of the rep movement.

As a bonus, for a watch YouTuber, she's reasonably easy on the eye.  :lol:

Edited by Oris
  • Like 2

k4jun

Great video, thanks for sharing.
I enjoyed how she concluded that rep LEC is better than gen LEC :)

• Like 1

Cap'n

That is my all time favourite Daytona - wonder if she wants to pop the rep on M2M?! 

Aramis2288
5 hours ago, Oris said:

Refreshing in that it's completely free of moralistic pontifications on behalf of the presenter, on the topic of how despicably reprehensible replicas (and their wearers) are. 

That's what always winds me up in most of these 'reviews'. As soon as they start talking about the reps there is a flood of moralistic bs pouring outta their mouth. The most annoying part is them claiming how horrible quality the reps are, how they are falling apart etc. Especially that knowing as much about the reps as we do, we can verify that most of these statements are heavily overexaggerated because that's what they are supposed to be saying for the sake of political correctness.

Once, for instance, the guy on Bark & Jack channel was talking about Sub replica being complete trash because the case back came not well screwed in and how the watch would never survive a splash of water - which is clearly nonsense. The other time, I've watched a guy comparing two Subs 116010LV Hulks in terms of the finishing and the details (which ofc is a bit different but not as different as the price gap between the rep and the gen). Gen was perfectly cleaned, the rep was fingered as hell. I am pretty sure he did it on purpose so that he can even prove the point of the differences being oh so 'yuge'. And it all makes me wonder, how many of these 'reviewers' and 'experts' ordering the reps just to despise them on youtube are silently keeping them in their pockets and wearing them from time to time... hypocrisy.

Fortunately, Jenny is fairly objective. She has done a few of these and they all have been pretty focused on the differences and not on telling the viewer how to live. And she's pretty cute :D

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 1

Alan32

Jenni is definitely one of my favourite Youtubers she does good unbiased reviews and her review of "erotic" watches is worth seeing:D

• Like 1

Aramis2288
4 minutes ago, Alan32 said:

her review of "erotic" watches is worth seeing:D

True dat mate, true dat ..... :D

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 1

brang1

so what factory is the rep from? it is a ripper

Diplomatico
21 minutes ago, brang1 said:

so what factory is the rep from? it is a ripper

Noob. RIP. 

• Like 1

Aramis2288

They will be back or somebody else will pick the blueprints for the movement up and create a new rep. Imagine if VSF would come up with a Daytona with a similar quality to their Subs. Mamma mia!

brang1
13 minutes ago, Aramis2288 said:

They will be back or somebody else will pick the blueprints for the movement up and create a new rep. Imagine if VSF would come up with a Daytona with a similar quality to their Subs. Mamma mia!

Yep- not out of the question- people be lining up for that 

Diplomatico
15 minutes ago, Aramis2288 said:

Yeah but I mean the Noob V4 is nearly perfect, just the bezel which would benefit from a CF replacement. So it’s more a question if they can produce an equally good rep as the noob one.