Eadesy

First Generation 42mm PO Insert - Help Please

Eadesy

Evening all,

I’m in the process of bringing an old 42mm pumpkin ‘UPO’ back to life. 

Part of the build requires a new insert as the original is heavily scratched. 

Can anyone suggest where to get one, with a decent Pearl? The eBay inserts are a pretty poor colour match, and I’m not overly impressed with the Pearls. 

Any help would be great! 

Thanks 

Edited by Eadesy

BalmainBoy

Hi Eadesy.  Greetings from Down Under.

I've also recently revived my 2008 PO 42mm and wanted to replace the bezel.  As you note, there aren't a lot of great choices on eBay.    I replaced the original aluminium one years ago but the replacement faded badly and ended up a browny grey colour (from black).  So I decided to upgrade to a ceramic bezel.

Trustytime have a parts store but Andrew quoted $88.  A bit more than I wanted to spend.  So I measured the original bezel and it turns out it's a 38mm outer diameter.  Another eBay search for just "38mm bezel" opens up a whole world of "Seiko" bezels in Omega designs.  I ordered one to try and it fits perfectly.   Hope that may help.

Cheers, BB

Edited by BalmainBoy
Update
  • Like 2

gooner2826
On 20/05/2021 at 17:43, Eadesy said:

Evening all,

I’m in the process of bringing an old 42mm pumpkin ‘UPO’ back to life. 

Part of the build requires a new insert as the original is heavily scratched. 

Can anyone suggest where to get one, with a decent Pearl? The eBay inserts are a pretty poor colour match, and I’m not overly impressed with the Pearls. 

Any help would be great! 

Thanks 

As above had said, trustytime is a good source for parts - they have their own specific parts department so I’m sure they can help. 

Unfortunately I’ve found the majority of eBay and etsy inserts to just be resellers of ones from Ali express. The only way I got an insert for my PO with the recessed pearl was through a TD

• Like 1