bilbohobbit

Yonger & Bresson YBH 8302J

bilbohobbit

Hello everyone, 

Today i'd like to present you one of my latest watch. It comes from the French brand Yonger & Bresson. I'm not sure about the reference because it's a very difficult watch to find on the internet. Anyway i tried to find the reference. YHB8302J something.

I saw some website that were selling it years ago and of course it's now unavailable for a long time. I even once saw an old page on the Walmart website selling it for like $2500. This is a circa 2000 watch impossible to find as it's discontinued for yeeears now. I had the chance to find a used copy a few month ago. The watch is in pristine condition for her age.

Well enough talking this is not the point. The main thing about this watch is that it has 3 dials to split the minute in 20 seconds dials with retrograde complication. I was wondering if you already saw a complication like this on another watch. Personnaly, i've never seen something like this on any other watch so maybe this is unique.

I also have her "lil sister", a rose gold watch with a nice blue power reserve hand and two dials (seconds, date) but i'll show it later if some of you are interested.

Here is a quick pic of the watch, i'll post more later as it's nearly 3am here.

20210602-172207.jpg

Edited by bilbohobbit
  • Like 1

BoobBandit

Interesting. I’ve never seen this complication either. Another point of interest is most large watch manufacturers when using Roman numeral dials use ‘IIII’ to depict the number four. Your watch shows the 4 represented as ‘IV’ 

here’s a Seiko I own to illustrate my point 

ZxEGkc.jpg

NCRich

Very cool watch.  Elegant.  Never seen the complication.  Thanks for showing it.

brang1

quite a pretty watch- lucky you have one i think

rm65453

I have a rep day and night from FM that does something similar but for the hours. fairly cool. Thanks for sharing brother. 

bilbohobbit

Here is a bunch of other pics for your enjoyment I got some nice feedback so here is the new pics, will also try to post a video of the retrograde complication in movement...

Zxx7LQ.jpg ZxxuGS.jpg ZxxsCW.jpg ZxxErL.jpg ZxxN7R.jpg ZxxFyK.jpg ZxxGwv.jpg Zxxf38.jpg

Aaaand the video !

https://streamable.com/e/zwvamf

Edited by bilbohobbit

bilbohobbit
18 hours ago, BoobBandit said:

Interesting. I’ve never seen this complication either. Another point of interest is most large watch manufacturers when using Roman numeral dials use ‘IIII’ to depict the number four. Your watch shows the 4 represented as ‘IV’ 

here’s a Seiko I own to illustrate my point 

ZxEGkc.jpg

Yes the roman number on the dial are nice imo !

Your watch is cool also :) I like the Seiko Presage :D

18 hours ago, NCRich said:

Very cool watch.  Elegant.  Never seen the complication.  Thanks for showing it.

You're welcome :)

That's what i thought this is a rare complication (maybe the only one on the market). Shame Y&B doesn't make such awesome watches anymore...they still have some quite nice stuff but far from what they were doing in 2000's :( 

• Like 1

bilbohobbit
17 hours ago, rm65453 said:

I have a rep day and night from FM that does something similar but for the hours. fairly cool. Thanks for sharing brother. 

Could you share some pics of your watch ? :D

rm65453
1 hour ago, bilbohobbit said:

Could you share some pics of your watch ? :D

ZxJXtc.jpg ZxJT5I.jpg

There you go. Two hour hands and one minute hand. Only the night hour hand has lume on it. Very interesting.

tribefan

I like everything about that Y&B. That complication is fantastic and completely French. 3 things to do the job of one. 

:rofl:

• Like 1

BoobBandit
1 hour ago, bilbohobbit said:

Yes the roman number on the dial are nice imo !

Your watch is cool also :) I like the Seiko Presage :D

You're welcome :)

That's what i thought this is a rare complication (maybe the only one on the market). Shame Y&B doesn't make such awesome watches anymore...they still have some quite nice stuff but far from what they were doing in 2000's :( 

Thanks. Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Cool watch, don’t see that everyday!   :thumbsup2:

Glaude
1 hour ago, tribefan said:

I like everything about that Y&B. That complication is fantastic and completely French. 3 things to do the job of one. 

:rofl:

That's not true, you can put as many French as you want, the job won't get done.

• Like 1

bilbohobbit
2 hours ago, Glaude said:

That's not true, you can put as many French as you want, the job won't get done.

Working is overrated. :beer3:

• Like 1

Zarbus
On 02/06/2021 at 17:40, bilbohobbit said:

Well enough talking this is not the point. The main thing about this watch is that it has 3 dials to split the minute in 20 seconds dials with retrograde complication. I was wondering if you already saw a complication like this on another watch. Personnaly, i've never seen something like this on any other watch so maybe this is unique.

I remember seeing that brand in France in all the Jewellery stores located in Leclerc supermarkets about 25 years ago. At the time the price on sale was in the 500-800 francs range (~80-120 euros maybe).

I've never seen that particular complication before though. It reminds me a little bit of the Orient Star retrograde, but obviously that's not exactly the same:

7cf9e5eec75d909449c8d21178756746--orient

Mc7516

I know this brand and saw few already, it's a really overpriced watch i think, they get watches from china and just make some marketing.

If you go to there website, you might reconize some famous Aliexpress models with there name put on.

The worst part is that they dare to put "made in france" on the watch

• Like 1