Cap'n

Increased import charges from Europe starting early????

australis
1 hour ago, deju said:

I have whisky fucker :lol: 

Is that the reason you haven't been drinking your usual Tequila for the past few days!? :Drinking2:

GenTLe
1 hour ago, deju said:

I have whisky fucker :lol: 

I prefer single malt Irish ones :p

• Like 1

Diplomatico

So the benefit of brexit is? Sorry for my ignorance 

• Like 1

Jibuti

"Does UK actually produce anything?" 

I think my Toyota was made or at least assembled on (now) some distant sinking island 

@GenTle

Rokerite

ZJDifW.jpg

38 minutes ago, Diplomatico said:

deju
1 hour ago, australis said:

Is that the reason you haven't been drinking your usual Tequila for the past few days!? :Drinking2:

Tequila is bad! :lol: 

54 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

I prefer single malt Irish ones :p

I never realised your penis fell off :rofl:

43 minutes ago, Diplomatico said:

ENGLAND and their mighty empire…. Sigh! 

GingerApple
2 hours ago, deju said:

Stop Teh screenshots! 

ZJDRkD.png

• Like 3

GenTLe
5 hours ago, deju said:

I never realised your penis fell off :rofl:

Imagine now I even prefer Gin.  Italian one (made in Bologna):

IMG_9633.jpg

• Like 1

Theduke.williams

I voted Leave.

My reason for doing so was because I didn't like the increasing political union being sold by the EU.

I feared the formation of a European army, I pledged my aleigance to Queen and Country back in the day, and believe wholeheartedly in the U.K.

To answer Deju's question; If there was a 3rd Option to renegotiate the terms of membership, ultimately stripping back the Union to it’s original basic concept.... would you have voted differently ?   Yes, I may well have.

The Common Market was set up so that the European countries could trade with each other tariff free - and that was a good thing. Then the rules evolved to the point that the EU wanted us to become a united states of Europe, and I am not  about to pledge aleigance to an entity that is so politically troubled, it gave birth to two world wars!

Have there been benefits from leaving the EU. Yes there have!. I honestly beleive that the vacine roll out in this country would have been delayed, and we would have been prevented from releasing the vaccines until the rest of Europe released them. I also think the supply of vaccines would have far favoured the EU, rather than the situation where the UK was able to secure sufficient supply by dealing efficiently with the manufacturers.

Did Leave  lie? Much of the campaining was misleading to say the least - promises have yet to be fulfilled.

Did Remain lie? you bet they did - remember project fear - our economy was supposed to implode, yet we're seeing a far greater economic recovery than the EU! 

(Remember - we're talking about Politicians here - professional liars in my book)

My stance is that I'm glad we left the EU. We will see nuisance import taxes etc, but that may well dissapear when the dust settles, and the EU and the UK see a way to making a mutually beneficial trade deal - could be a while.

I wish we could have remained as the Common Market, whereby we had a collection of individual Countries trading together, and if this had been an option, then that's the way I would have voted.

k4jun
18 minutes ago, Theduke.williams said:

The Common Market was set up so that the European countries could trade with each other tariff free - and that was a good thing.

This part I understand and do agree

18 minutes ago, Theduke.williams said:

Then the rules evolved to the point that the EU wanted us to become a united states of Europe, [...]

but that part I do not understand. Care to elaborate?

k4jun
On 03/06/2021 at 17:48, Aidan1927 said:

If European countries are charging import duty stuff

I have heard that EU countries is just phase 1.
Starting as of 2022 Norway, Switzerland and Iceland are going to roll out their import duties on UK.
Brazil has a respective draft bill already, so it is only a matter of time when a whole Latin America will follow and will cover UK too..

Theduke.williams
1 hour ago, k4jun said:

This part I understand and do agree

but that part I do not understand. Care to elaborate?

The increase in powers being taken away from member states (the EU won't even refer to them as Countries) and put into the hands of the European Parliment!

I don't know about you, but I much prefer to live in a country whereby if we don't like the path our Government is leading us down, we have the ability to change the Government every 4 years or so.

The European Parliment is such a massive organisation, it is practically impossible for the voter to make any sort of change, or even any member state (Country)!

To my eyes that's bordering on totalitarianism, something I think is very dangerous.

Let's not forget that the decision to leave was a democratic one, and before you say the referrendum was a close thing, we also had an EU Parlimentary election, whereby the UK voted overwhelmingly to put in place 'Leave' representatives, followed by a General election, whereby the only major political party that represented the leave voters had a historic majority.

Just my opinion of course!

Theduke.williams
20 minutes ago, k4jun said:

I have heard that EU countries is just phase 1.
Starting as of 2022 Norway, Switzerland and Iceland are going to roll out their import duties on UK.
Brazil has a respective draft bill already, so it is only a matter of time when a whole Latin America will follow and will cover UK too..

More Project Fear?

Rokerite

Boris Johnson could not give a shiney shit about Brexit, Covid, the British public or the British economy. He has 2 thoughts that constantly run through his mind:1. "What's in it for me?" and 2. "Look at the tits on that". Nothing else is worthy of his time :D

• Like 2

k4jun
49 minutes ago, Theduke.williams said:

I don't know about you, but I much prefer to live in a country whereby if we don't like the path our Government is leading us down, we have the ability to change the Government every 4 years or so.

The European Parliment is such a massive organisation, it is practically impossible for the voter to make any sort of change, or even any member state (Country)!

To my eyes that's bordering on totalitarianism, something I think is very dangerous.

An election to the European Parliament (EP) is every 5 years, so it is not that far away from 4 years.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, both houses of UK' Parliament it's 650+790 so +1400 seats in total. EP is 705 seats for representatives of 27 countries.

I do not understand how PE is anyhow closer to totalitarianism than any other domestic Parliament.  The principles are the same - a voter choses his representative.

• Like 2

Cap'n
24 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

Boris Johnson could not give a shiney shit about Brexit, Covid, the British public or the British economy. He has 2 thoughts that constantly run through his mind:1. "What's in it for me?" and 2. "Look at the tits on that". Nothing else is worthy of his time :D

And what;'s wrong with point 2? 

• Like 1

donkacper
And what;'s wrong with point 2? 

It's fine by me

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka

k4jun
1 hour ago, Theduke.williams said:

More Project Fear?

Nooo, that was just bollocks.
Thinking that "EU countries have started charging import duties on supplies to UK" is this level of nonsense where I couldn't help myself other than trolling it.

On 03/06/2021 at 12:02, Cap'n said:

does make me wonder if they are gearing up for the further customs changes in July

1st July in EU means implementation of "E-commerce package" and it will be a gamechanger for us customers making purchases from outside of the EU.
"E-commerce package" for UK is nothing new, HMRC was generous to implement it even earlier, and you have new rules for taxation of e-commerce aligned with Brexit, since 1st January.

• Like 1

Rokerite

ZJKGaR.png

13 minutes ago, k4jun said:

An election to the European Parliament (EP) is every 5 years, so it is not that far away from 4 years.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, both houses of UK' Parliament it's 650+790 so +1400 seats in total. EP is 705 seats for representatives of 27 countries.

I do not understand how PE is anyhow closer to totalitarianism than any other domestic Parliament.  The principles are the same - a voter choses his representative.

And the House of Lords are unelected. Just pay enough to the Conservative party and you get the power to over rule elected MP's.

• Like 1

k4jun
4 minutes ago, Rokerite said:

And the House of Lords are unelected. Just pay enough to the Conservative party and you get the power to over rule elected MP's.

Oh, I did not know it is that simple :D

So, the Lords technically is like "House of Rich Lobbyists"?

• Like 2

Cap'n
6 minutes ago, k4jun said:

Nooo, that was just bollocks.
Thinking that "EU countries have started charging import duties on supplies to UK" is this level of nonsense where I couldn't help myself other than trolling it.

I'm not sure where that interpretation came from - it wasn't me that suggested that - it was HMRC that wanted to charge me £58 in Import duty and VAT for a €140 purchase (which in my book comes under the £135 threshold and so shouldn't have been charged anyway) - my assumption being the shipper quoted the wrong package value on the import papers. 

Theduke.williams
8 minutes ago, Cap'n said:

I'm not sure where that interpretation came from - it wasn't me that suggested that - it was HMRC that wanted to charge me £58 in Import duty and VAT for a €140 purchase (which in my book comes under the £135 threshold and so shouldn't have been charged anyway) - my assumption being the shipper quoted the wrong package value on the import papers. 

Kinda blew up fast didn't it!   :D

Rokerite
5 minutes ago, k4jun said:

Oh, I did not know it is that simple :D

So, the Lords technically is like "House of Rich Lobbyists"?

When they are awake yes, a lot of them seem to use the place to doze off after drinking in the heavily subsidised bar in there. They also get £300 per day "expenses", they had to install a turnstile as a lot of them were just signing in and waltzing straight back out after getting their money. Oh and they even get £150 if they can't be arsed to attend. One of them boasted to a prostitute he was engaged with that he needed that sort of money to "Pay for girls like you". The mother of all parliaments and that don't you know.

k4jun
27 minutes ago, Cap'n said:

I know, I was pointing fingers at Aidan1927.

To me €140 indeed is below the UK £135, being below the threshold does not mean that VAT should have been waived.
Consignment value more that 135 means that UK Customs Office should apply the "old" rules for importation = UK VAT+potential UK excise,customs and admin fee for customs clearance procedure in UK.
Consignment value less than 135 means that (foreign) seller should have VAT registered in UK, and charge you with €140 + UK VAT rate during the checkout. Most of (smaller) foreign sellers simply do not do that.

I guess in your case:
- German seller was not VAT registered
-UK customs office has realized that package is going to fly under the radar of both - German and UK VATs
- so customs office decided to charge you on importation according to the "old" rules anyway.

Edit: that German seller was Business right? not Private individual?

tribefan
40 minutes ago, k4jun said:

The principles are the same - a voter choses his representative.

Just speaking for myself here, but there is a big difference between "a voter chooses his representative" and having the opportunity to choose between two or three fucks on who is going to fuck you the least.

The only way you get on a ballot in the USofA is to raise a minimum of $3 million for the party and then have them vette you out and be chosen. I'm sure everyone will say "it's different" in the UK or EU, but at it's core, it really is not. I mean, Bojo?