BoobBandit

ARF 214270 Explorer I

BoobBandit

I’ve been staking  out my mailbox a few days...tracker says she’s in the country. Here are some QC pics for your enjoyment.

got this from Andrew, class act, top communication, grade A service. Now some pics :D

ZJ3Hpk.jpg ZJ3KGo.jpg ZJ3jVY.jpg ZJ33iD.jpg ZJ3A8P.jpg ZJ32AJ.jpg ZJ35zS.jpg ZJ3L7W.jpg

• Like 1

als86

:rulez:

No QC pics allowed!

Edited by als86
Now read the rules

BoobBandit

Rules have changed friend. This watch is already approved and sitting at some post sorting center nearby.

amirite? @Chiquita Fanjita

als86

In that case I do apologise, just didn’t want you getting roasted by the Mods :blink:

Perhaps it’s me that needs to review the rules :daffy:

And yes your right as you have accepted the watch your good to post them. In that case I can now say congrats and bet you look forward to getting the watch, I actually prefer these to the explorer II! :thumbsup:

BoobBandit

all good all good

thanks for 'watching' out mate :B):

yes, I do like a good roasting, albeit maybe not that kind  :slap:

thanks! now I'll be on the lookout for the two tone! Your move factories!

• Like 1

Chiquita Fanjita
6 hours ago, BoobBandit said:

Rules have changed friend. This watch is already approved and sitting at some post sorting center nearby.

amirite? @Chiquita Fanjita

Yip you are correct, these are ok. It’s only if someone posts QC pics looking for advice or opinions that aren’t allowed. If the watch has been approved and accepted, then we now allow QC pics to be posted.

• Like 1

Zarbus

I'd be curious to see the same pics without the protective plastic wrap, to really see this beauty.

But based on these pics, it looks pretty good already :)

BoobBandit
1 hour ago, Zarbus said:

I'd be curious to see the same pics without the protective plastic wrap, to really see this beauty.

But based on these pics, it looks pretty good already :)

Sure thing, just got it, so not too many pics, but here’s a couple 

ZVisat.jpg ZVi4JF.jpg ZViup2.jpg

• Like 1

Zarbus

Beautiful! :)

• Like 1

BoobBandit

So update to some of my nitpicks with the ARF Explorer 214270.

It is working, however, it is finicky.

The winding mechanism is hit or miss. 

The watch has the A3132 clone.

I'm not super picky with cosmetic details, I'm not trying to fool anybody, but it looks very real to me. I'm sure the guys next door on RWI could pick it apart (and have already from some of my reading)

I'd say the average person is going to not have a clue this watch is not the real deal. 

I spent 500 bucks. which is a bit high considering its gonna need to be serviced. 

Overall, I'm happy with it. It certainly looks the part, and once serviced, should be fine for awhile. 

My intention is to provide feedback for any prospective buyers of this particular model.

I hope this serves that purpose. Thanks for reading.

Fin

• Like 1

NFleischer

That does look good, congrats. ARF is known for nice looking watches but not the movements from what I've seen. That's generally why I stick with the A 28XX if possible.

I've heard  the same complaints about the OP 39 mm which are pretty expensive also.

I have a BP 904 SS version of this in my shopping cart at Trusty now myself. The Explorer 1 has gotten a lot of publicity this year after Rolex reintroduced the 36mm. version.  I just saw a real 39mm. in the wild the other day and it was super 

sweet.

Edited by NFleischer

BoobBandit

@NFleischer cool, let me know how your BP turns out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFleischer

Will do -I've been on the fence TBH. I ordered a GMF OP 41, and was thinking of the ROF ND Sub 41 mm. Andrew says that's not even available now. It may be the only real 904 SS ND Sub 41.

I guess people who would never give a second thought to ROF are thinking of them. Very hard to get many of the VSF range now.

• Like 1

BoobBandit

Yeah, it’s looking more like VSF is gonna be ducking the fuzz for awhile.

I really love the OP’s but I’m not sure the rep dials do justice to the one I’m interested in. That gen with gold batons really pops.

One thing I’ve changed my mind on is the size I want. After I got the Explorer, which is phenomenal, I think I’m going to appreciate the 36 mil for a gen version on the OP and if I ever get it, the Explorer. I love the watch, but it feels like a little bit smaller would be clutch on those. I really get the understated vibe of the Explorer and baton OP, the 39 is a bit ostentatious for those watches. Plus they enlarged the batons and numerals on the new 36 gens, which would have been my only complaint prior to the new version 36’s. That’s where I sit for those two pieces.

I think I’m out for am OP rep. Next is a gen. Not the right time tho, so probably next year.

My next rep is gonna be the Batman. I loved the PEPSI I just got. No brainer for me. Functional GMT is a homerun. So far the movement is good. Might need a service, but I’d do that anyway on any clone watch I get. As long as it’s working, which is good enough, I’ll hang onto it and send it in at any sign of trouble.

As far as ARF, I’m really pleased with the bracelets and aesthetics, as far as movement, not greatest luck on that one, maybe the next one. For now ZZF/Clean has the floor

cb4da71ba1a0ef8350e9f9a2201f96ff.jpg

NFleischer

Yes I saw the new Pepsi and it's really great. I agree with the size too. For me the sweet spot has always been 40-42, depends on the watch.

I realize all the 44mm PAMs are just too big. I'm not very big; 71/8 " wrist but only 5'6" so they look ridiculous now I think.

Rolex seems to be the only brand that has a 36mm mens watch that doesn't look too small. I have an older 36 mm DJ and it always look good I think.

I have 2 ARF Subs (1 from BK) both with ETA 2836 and they run great. Their clones are a problem I think. They look very good; especially the TT Bluesy I have. I think it's the best out there. 

DSCN0256_zps84712fad.jpg?width=1920&heig

Edited by NFleischer

BoobBandit

Agree. I’m thinking the way to go with subs is BK. Any clone will need a service. Might as well go reliable and just have a great mod from the outset. Eventually I’ll get a no date hulk with a Swiss movement from BK. The ARF one is a good base I think. 

Nice DJ. That’s a cool color way. Don’t think I’ve seen it before. :thumbsup2:

NFleischer

Thanks !  BK used to sell exclusively Noob Subs, but not now. I think he was doing ARF, GMF, and VSF.  He charges quite a bit more but I think it worth it for reliability of the real ETA.  I've owned a number of his over the years and never had a problem.

Does he do a ND Hulk ??

NFleischer

thumbnail?appid=aolwebmail&size=400wthumbnail?appid=aolwebmail&size=400w

PS just approved these  OP 41 Tiffany Dial. The real ones are now $20K on Gray Market sites! Hulks are $25K  or more

Edited by NFleischer

BoobBandit

Oops, looks like your pics don’t show up

yea, grey market prices are absolutely nuts. If I don’t get it at msrp I don’t get it. All good. Will have an armful of reps then!

BoobBandit

Oops, re: the hulk, I haven’t asked him, but I thought I saw him list a date hulk awhile back. I don’t think he uses a different movement either way, I think he uses 2836-2 on both. Just minus the DW on the no date

I have a NOOB Sub he  did for me ~ 3 years ago. It’s perfect. I love it. no issues with it. Crystal is great, bezel is tight and snappy, great bracelet, dial is clear and brilliant. It’s a keeper as far as I’m concerned. Put the need for a gen to sleep.  

NFleischer
1 hour ago, BoobBandit said:

Oops, looks like your pics don’t show up

yea, grey market prices are absolutely nuts. If I don’t get it at msrp I don’t get it. All good. Will have an armful of reps then!

Weird I see them on desktop??

BoobBandit
37 minutes ago, NFleischer said:

Weird I see them on desktop??

me too...no dice. weird.