Mc7516

Worth to fix?

Mc7516

Hello everyone,

since the time im into watch i got few that got problems but never really took care of them.
I'd like to get your opinion about is it woth it to try to fix them or should I just let them go for someone who need parts?

I have:

- a Day Date gold plated with a custom 3156 mouvement, the watch is running well no problem with the mouvement but the stem is broken (cannot change time or day,date)

- a Deepsea 3135 custom, the stem is ok but doesn't change de date or the time

- a 2nd Deepsea 3135 custom, the balance wheel broke

- a Daytona with asian 7750, the second hand stop moving sometime

ZJGlyo.jpg
ZJGQ3k.jpg
ZJGtED.jpg

ZJGpwJ.png

GenTLe

It depends from few things:

1) can you fix them by yourself? Do you have tools and knowledge?

2) how much would you invest into fixing them (also considering the nr 1)

That said:

- The DD is surely fixable, it's plenty of stem for that movement on AliExpress. The stem costs 5$ or less and, providing it works well, the job is around 30/45 mins.

- The 2 Deepsea: you can replace the movement with the broken balance with a new movement (around 100$ and 1h work) and use the broken movement to fix the one where the stem doesn't work (if it has some broken part in the keyless: it may not): in any case count a full service for that as to reach the keyless you've to disassemble the movement quite well, so it's good to do a service while at it. I'd say around 130$ work

- The Daytona: those are problematic. You can replace the movement with another one, but sooner or later you'll run into the same issue as on those ones with fully functional chrono, the mod to move the seconds at 6 is a mess. Anyway count again  around 100$ for the new movement and 2h work (it's more work as to put all the hands and have them aligned well requires time).

So that's what I can say, the rest is up to you :)

• Like 2

Glaude
9 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Anyway count again  around 100$ for the new movement

I would have thought A7750 was more expensive than that, good to know !

Mc7516

Thanks GenTle for this answer

I forgot to say that i already changed the Daytona 7750 for the similar problem (i still have the old one for parts) it was 120$ if i remember well and really easy to change

For the DD i will check the stem on aliexpress, i didn't think about it before, i never change a crown from a stem so need to be sure i can do it with my tool.

Thanks for your details anwer, I will check the different price and time required to see if its worth trying

GenTLe
9 hours ago, Glaude said:

I would have thought A7750 was more expensive than that, good to know !

In the past it was. Now they are around 80€, both the standard (6/9/12) like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10000015732440.html or the "daytona" one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000226917920.html

It's a sin they don't sell anymore real 7753 movements and watches (the ones with the quick date change with pusher at 10)

• Like 1

GenTLe
9 hours ago, Mc7516 said:

Thanks GenTle for this answer

I forgot to say that i already changed the Daytona 7750 for the similar problem (i still have the old one for parts) it was 120$ if i remember well and really easy to change

For the DD i will check the stem on aliexpress, i didn't think about it before, i never change a crown from a stem so need to be sure i can do it with my tool.

Thanks for your details anwer, I will check the different price and time required to see if its worth trying

Yeah, those 7750 modified that way are inherently bad.

For the stem, search "3135 stem", it should be the same. Check visually if they look alike yours.

For the DSSD movement, again search for 3135 on Ali :) Now there's also the balance alone (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002457007188.html) but it's always a bit tricky to replace it...

Mc7516

So to keep the topic updated, after checking all the pieces and the time it need I found it won't be much but stil i think I will try to sell them and get a new watch directly. With my current projects i don't have much time to do it so I guess it would be better to let it to someone

Edited by Mc7516

5teve

You should go quartz mate, with your stem history:D

Mc7516
9 hours ago, 5teve said:

You should go quartz mate, with your stem history:D

:lol: haha, it look like i may have trouble with stem sure

But its just a really small amount compare to all the watch i ever got