Bark3rd

What the heck is this???

Bark3rd

My Dad has many gens and is 73 yrs old, grew up in the tropics has had lots of awesome watches. He's also had a couple of reps and has been a smuggler, pirate, businessman, gemologist, lived on a sailboat in Miami for years,  ladies man, drove me to middle school in a Jag V12 and I love him to death. But he may have given me a rep lol. He gave me this thing years ago and I put it in a box because it was so small I couldnt wear it.  Now I'm looking at it and curious as to what it might be.  Rolex under the 12, Tudor name above the 6.  WTF???   The dial and lens looks to be in brand new condition (lens is acrylic).  He told me he took it in to be serviced and it came back like this in the 80's.  Any opinions appreciated! 

dial_883155.jpgback.jpgserial.jpgdial_3.jpg

Edited by Bark3rd

SteveA

Looks like a Rolex Tudor Oyster Daydate with California dial,but I know fuck all.A plethora of experts shall I be along soon to put you and I right

Bark3rd

Yeah, I figured out it is a real Tudor Prince with a re-printed dial. Posted a thread over on watchuseek and got chastised for using the terms "rep" and "gen",  "we say real and fake over here" they said.  Assholes lol. 

tribefan
1 hour ago, Bark3rd said:

Assholes lol. 

All gen over there. :)

Glaude
7 hours ago, Bark3rd said:

Yeah, I figured out it is a real Tudor Prince with a re-printed dial. Posted a thread over on watchuseek and got chastised for using the terms "rep" and "gen",  "we say real and fake over here" they said.  Assholes lol. 

You stumbled upon some butthurt gen collectors that can't live with the fact that people are wearing watches they like for cheap when they had to foolishly spend loads of money on their gens ... They feel robbed of the privilege :lol: 

GingerApple

Let's be honest chaps; we wear fakes. I had never come across the vernacular Gen/Rep till I came here and in the past, I always used to talk of fake watches. I think we're probably a bit weird calling them Reps. That other lot are of course GenSnobWankers though.

Glaude
14 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Let's be honest chaps; we wear fakes. I had never come across the vernacular Gen/Rep till I came here and in the past, I always used to talk of fake watches. I think we're probably a bit weird calling them Reps. That other lot are of course GenSnobWankers though.

I have no issue calling them fakes of course, but you and me can read between the lines, they are flaming him because of what the fake is, not for the vocabulary used

• Like 1

GingerApple
8 minutes ago, Glaude said:

they are flaming him because of what the fake is, not for the vocabulary used

Hence 'GenSnobWankers' :)

• Like 1