Aramis2288

New Clean Factory Rolex GMT II Master

Aramis2288
Hence.... I wasted 30 mins of my time.  But then,  I knew it would happen.  So its on me.  I think it looks great.   Wear it for 9 months,  compare to a V2 or V3, if they are better, M2M it, and buy again.   Better yet, just go sell a kidney and buy a gen.  All the whining stops.   Or does it?
This. +1. Basically just follow the flow:811fa9eac23d0471c081972a0929c13e.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Intresting

I have a Stienhart Batman Titanium 500.   Love it to bits because it looks more like a Steinhart original than a Rolex copycat homage.  The ceramic Pepsi / Batman is probably the only ceramic Rollie I can come to like.   Much prefer the vintage aluminum bezels.  But never say never....

Before some wanker comments  :ttiwwop:

ZVuwaR.jpg

• Like 3

Ziggymarly

CF/ZZF crystals always disappointing for those of us who cba modding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aramis2288

Sorta. But then every factory's crystal with cyclops was bit disappointing before the VSF (which is also not perfect, but as close as we managed to get thus far).

rek001

Looks very good to me - and I'm fortunate that I'm not cursed with the immediately-tear-it-to-bits syndrome, thereby allowing me to enjoy my reps to their fullest.

• Like 1

MAJ75
41 minutes ago, rek001 said:

Looks very good to me - and I'm fortunate that I'm not cursed with the immediately-tear-it-to-bits syndrome, thereby allowing me to enjoy my reps to their fullest.

Refreshing to read this, you sound like someone who will enjoy this hobby.

weezkid

Noob's Pepsi was good, wish I can still get it, still looking for one M2M. Enjoy it in good health mate!

21 hours ago, BoobBandit said:

I'm happy with my BK Noob v9 .....no one gives a rats patoot about all that nonsense

not selling it anytime soon.

I love those Pepsis amd Batmans...will probably pony one up and send it to get serviced right off

Edited by weezkid
Repeated sentences.

thejudge

Looks pretty good but the prices of these are starting to get a bit high now, $500+ is a bit of a high price for a rep.

Intresting

think they are cheaper than Noob's offerings before they got shut down... and better in quality...  still 500 bucks is expensive...

BoobBandit
Looks pretty good but the prices of these are starting to get a bit high now, $500+ is a bit of a high price for a rep.

I agree, the prices are starting to get a bit much. 500+ for a rep watch with an unproven movement? Nope.

Aramis2288
think they are cheaper than Noob's offerings before they got shut down... and better in quality...  still 500 bucks is expensive...
Indeed it is, but on the other hand I would rather spend $500 on the best rep there is rather than i.e. $300 for something very mediocre. On the other hand I wouldn't mind paying $300 for what now costs $500.

Aramis2288

I agree, the prices are starting to get a bit much. 500+ for a rep watch with an unproven movement? Nope.

This GMT clone movement is an interesting topic. I am wondering whether the differences in how the balance bridge looks like on the Clean/ZZF clone movement comparing to 'old' VR clones can be attributed only to an aesthetic change or is it a completely new clone movement we are dealing with here.

thejudge

So how does this compare to the GMF 126710BLRO which on paper has the more accurate (to the gen) clone 3285 movement ?  

Intresting

Waiting for someone who buys one and unpacks and review, hopefully with a gen comparison :popcorn:

Aramis2288
8 hours ago, Intresting said:

Waiting for someone who buys one and unpacks and review, hopefully with a gen comparison :popcorn:

I am already getting mentally tuned: :woo:

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 1

GenTLe
16 hours ago, Aramis2288 said:

This GMT clone movement is an interesting topic. I am wondering whether the differences in how the balance bridge looks like on the Clean/ZZF clone movement comparing to 'old' VR clones can be attributed only to an aesthetic change or is it a completely new clone movement we are dealing with here.

Same stuff, they simply turned the hairspring stud and regulator in a less accessible and more difficult to regulate area, rotating them 180°.

• Like 1

Aramis2288
9 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Same stuff, they simply turned the hairspring stud and regulator in a less accessible and more difficult to regulate area, rotating them 180°.

Nice. Therefore fairly reliable, therefore I need to buy it. :D

rek001
On 15/06/2021 at 11:32, MAJ75 said:

Refreshing to read this, you sound like someone who will enjoy this hobby.

Thank you! I've enjoyed 16+ years of carefree replica watch collecting!

• Like 1

Jibuti

You people are loonies. Debating Rolex watches. They look all the same to me.... 

• Like 1

Aramis2288

• Like 1

BoobBandit
On 17/06/2021 at 00:56, Jibuti said:

You people are loonies. Debating Rolex watches. They look all the same to me.... 

you gotta be a little loony to be into this hobby mate

On 16/06/2021 at 09:02, Aramis2288 said:

Nice. Therefore fairly reliable, therefore I need to buy it. :D

who said anything about not buying? :rofl:

• Like 1

NCRich
On 17/06/2021 at 01:56, Jibuti said:

Says a man who likes Pams.  :lol:

• Like 1

GingerApple
41 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Says a man who likes Pams.  :lol:

Says the man who once implied I was an idiot when I suggested all Pams look the same.

Perhaps your comment was more general....

• Like 2