Aramis2288

New Clean Factory Rolex GMT II Master

deju
7 hours ago, pbwatch said:

Total bollocks! Most of the guys are clueless no it all’s! Yes it’s not perf3ct but no rep is but mine is very good and running well. On the wrist it’s very good. That said I did mod the bezel lip slightly and will fit a gen crystal but fat lugs is rubbish and you don’t notice the slightly shorter minute hand in realilfe. These are blown up picture syndromes!
1729308ba2d8d72f3202d3e8fe14d0f9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry but the bezel screams it, Other than that I'd be happy with the other flaws as you say they are minute

Aramis2288
38 minutes ago, deju said:

Sorry but the bezel screams it, Other than that I'd be happy with the other flaws as you say they are minute

Are you referring to the metal bezel on this particular photo, or on general on the Clean Factory GMT rep?

I am asking because what you quoted is allegedly modded. So the OOTB bezel would be probably 100% identical to the one on submariner. 

BoobBandit
3 hours ago, Aramis2288 said:

I bet you snapped the one that was on M2M a while ago. :D

I totally woulda! :bananarider:

GenTLe
5 hours ago, Aramis2288 said:

But mate, you have like, 20 boxes full of watches!

I bet you must own some extremely rare pieces like the first-ever noob-faked Hulk and so on :D

Uhm... Don't know... I missed the PloProf :(

deju
2 hours ago, Aramis2288 said:

Are you referring to the metal bezel on this particular photo, or on general on the Clean Factory GMT rep?

I am asking because what you quoted is allegedly modded. So the OOTB bezel would be probably 100% identical to the one on submariner. 

Certainly in the shaded picture there is a line through the 8 / 6. 

but more over the replica almost looks flat, there is almost a bevel to the numbers that gives a more 3D effect on the gen 

GenTLe
4 hours ago, BoobBandit said:

I bet he has the RWG watch 

Nope :) I don't really like fantasy or "sponsored" watches. I.e. I don't have any 007 Omega (even tho the last one in Ti isn't bad and doesn't have any 007 branding on the dial)

• Like 1

Aramis2288
Nope  I don't really like fantasy or "sponsored" watches. I.e. I don't have any 007 Omega (even tho the last one in Ti isn't bad and doesn't have any 007 branding on the dial)
The last NNTD is dog's bollocks. Very unusual. I used to hate it until I tried the gen. Then I went crazy about it aaaaaand.... raids.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Aramis2288
Certainly in the shaded picture there is a line through the 8 / 6. 

but more over the replica almost looks flat, there is almost a bevel to the numbers that gives a more 3D effect on the gen 

Now that you said it.... perhaps the gen has a bit deeper eanraving on a bezel insert. It's kind of visible on the red 8.

@pbwatch are you able to post some close ups on the bezel insert? e7ff972b2e3b90903bf8fc68ba347588.jpg

deju
10 minutes ago, Aramis2288 said:

Now that you said it.... perhaps the gen has a bit deeper eanraving on a bezel insert. It's kind of visible on the red 8.

@pbwatch are you able to post some close ups on the bezel insert? e7ff972b2e3b90903bf8fc68ba347588.jpg

There is a guy on RWI that mods the inserts to give it the extra bevel  called Spongebob 

Aramis2288
There is a guy on RWI that mods the inserts to give it the extra bevel  called Spongebob 

Out of curiosity, where is SpongeBob based. CONUS, or somewhere closer?

Btw, wouldn't it be odd if CF, that makes pretty much best OOTB sub inserts screwed the GMT one?

The engravings on their submariner inserts were very decent IMO...

BoobBandit
2 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Nope :) I don't really like fantasy or "sponsored" watches. I.e. I don't have any 007 Omega (even tho the last one in Ti isn't bad and doesn't have any 007 branding on the dial)

Oooof, I was way off. Yeah, I’m not into fantasy watches either, but I might of made the exception for the RWG one :rofl:

just for laffs

Aramis2288

So one mate answered the question on RWI. Apparently he is both a gen and rep owner.

Check his photos out:
df662d01d38daeefa4b49820d29426aa.jpge3ae1f01e236c78780cce9e734751945.jpgbde0f2168299c01d15ce3241ced2e7b8.jpgcf78913f9988a380db467f156d6f428c.jpg

NCRich
10 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Meanwhile I'm happy with my v3 Noob Hulk with v4 crystal, platinumized insert, lower crystal gasket and serviced 2836 :Whistle:

I'm happy with the very first batman noob made.

And I missed the ploprof on purpose.  They were $160 and no one would buy them.

• Like 2

Intresting
22 minutes ago, NCRich said:

And I missed the ploprof on purpose.  They were $160 and no one would buy them.

Then the All Watch Matters movement came along.  The rest is Woke History  :D

BoobBandit

I’m probably going to regret this, but what is the ploprof?

nunu78

BoobBandit

@nunu78, thanks! :D

Phoenixboy

its the one with the Duracell battery attached to the side.:giggle:

GenTLe
8 hours ago, BoobBandit said:

The one Nunu78 showed, but my favorite would be this one:

omega-seamaster-ploprof-1200m-2243055210

• Like 1

pbwatch
Now that you said it.... perhaps the gen has a bit deeper eanraving on a bezel insert. It's kind of visible on the red 8.[mention=69520]pbwatch[/mention] are you able to post some close ups on the bezel insert? e7ff972b2e3b90903bf8fc68ba347588.jpg

I’ll take some today. Think I have a cf sub insert too to compare in my parts box.

• Like 1

Aramis2288
22 minutes ago, pbwatch said:

I’ll take some today. Think I have a cf sub insert too to compare in my parts box.

Thanks! Very curious to see whether there are any striking differences.

Aramis2288
8 hours ago, BoobBandit said:

Lol.:D

28 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

omega-seamaster-ploprof-1200m-2243055210

Going off-topic here but, it's gorgeous! So unusual. I love Plopfof. 

I would love them to make a good rep of this watch. I would do my absolute best to waterproof it and take it to the water - where it belongs!

There are some decent homages of that thing but they don't have the Omega logo so I don't want them. I'm a sucker for reps but not a huge fan of homages.:help:

• Like 1

deju
1 minute ago, Aramis2288 said:

Lol.:D

Going off-topic here but, it's gorgeous! So unusual. I love Plopfof. 

I would love them to make a good rep of this watch. I would do my absolute best to waterproof it and take it to the water - where it belongs!

There are some decent homages of that thing but they don't have the Omega logo so I don't want them. I'm a sucker for reps but not a huge fan of homages.:help:

Oh they made a decent replica, dare I say super rep… they now go for £700 a pop and white colorways is unicorn shit. 

Aramis2288
46 minutes ago, deju said:

Oh they made a decent replica, dare I say super rep… they now go for £700 a pop and white colorways is unicorn shit. 

Yeah, my issue is that when they made a replica I did not have an idea about rep world (and probably cash to buy them). Now they are unachievable outside of rare M2M which disappear in 2 seconds.... 

The white unicorn poo color variant just proves that the ploprof is an ultimate watch. You can dive with it, you can kill somebody with it, you can wear it to your wedding as well. Because white = classy. :D

Edited by Aramis2288

BoobBandit
3 hours ago, GenTLe said:

ah, that is a fine looking time piece! :thumbsup2: