Aramis2288

New Clean Factory Rolex GMT II Master

Aramis2288
All good. Yup, thread next door.  

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the CF is a good release. If you hadn’t seen the thread on RWI, it’s pretty much summed up with :

1. Lug width is a bit big (doesn’t bother me)

2. Bezel lip is a bit less prominent  (doesn’t bother me, hardly noticed)

3; Bezel insert has some variant shade of red from gen (debatable looks fine to me)

4: bezel scallops are too shallow ( to me this is the dead giveaway I can live with it, but if I can mod it I would)

5.  best movement to date (although a tear down has yet to confirm almost identical to VR3185)

long story short, for me it’s a winner, all miniscule things, one dead giveaway 

theres a lot of thread crapping and a few trolls on there, so the thread is like 1900 posts. To me the essentials are as stated above. Hope it helps. 

fin

Yeah I am following the RWI thread and I saw the whole happy list of issues.  

I honestly regret having my jubilee pepsi delivered last week.... just kiddin'! I regret nuttin'! The only thing I regret is that I will have to wait a month or two before I'm actually able to lay my hands on that package and wear the watch.

It's the best pepsi rep available at the moment IMO. Fair enough, it does have its flaws but it's a solid keeper for me. Once a better version is available, I may upgrade but till then I will love it dearly!

It is kind of the same situation as my white Seamaster 300. It's pretty much the most obvious one from all the colours and if they released the improved version I would surely buy it. But until that happens I will keep it and wear it because I simply love that watch for what it is.

P.S. re. the pepsi, another big give away is the Xtal in my opinion. Possibly bigger than the scallops, but very easy one to fix (if one wants to spend +/- 300 quids on gen Xtal)

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Intresting

Stunning watch.  Wonder if you can get a gen bezel assembly....  ?

Chiquita Fanjita
28 minutes ago, Intresting said:

Stunning watch.  Wonder if you can get a gen bezel assembly....  ?

Probably, but would be extremely hard to obtain now, and it would likely cost between £3-3,500.  Trust me, I've bought two Sub full gen bezel assemblies.

Intresting
1 hour ago, Chiquita Fanjita said:

Probably, but would be extremely hard to obtain now, and it would likely cost between £3-3,500.  Trust me, I've bought two Sub full gen bezel assemblies.

well that sort of puts it in the too hard basket then.    There is a chap who can scallop and make the lip on the rep bezel assembly, according to the RWI posts?

Aramis2288
well that sort of puts it in the too hard basket then.    There is a chap who can scallop and make the lip on the rep bezel assembly, according to the RWI posts?
On RWI there was one fella who did the lip.

pbwatch
On RWI there was one fella who did the lip.

Indeed there is! It’s me lol! It looks better but still not quite gen spec. I can live with it now. Also one or two others have tried it including kj2020 who I’m sure is on here too.

aaa482bcd502e4e4cb6efd70b08f9fb5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Aramis2288
Indeed there is! It’s me lol! It looks better but still not quite gen spec. I can live with it now. Also one or two others have tried it including kj2020 who I’m sure is on here too.
aaa482bcd502e4e4cb6efd70b08f9fb5.jpg

That's right! I knew it was you, just couldn't recall your nick. Thanks for stepping forward .

Your mod looks like pretty risky operation, isn't it?

pbwatch

It wasn’t too risky as I’ve taken a lot of these gen spec bezel assemblies apart in the past. The advantage of the CF is the insert being stuck in rather than pressed. It’s less likely to snap on removal from the bezel than if it was pressed in tight. Getting a nice smooth finished edge is the part you need to take care with. Take care with the bezel gasket too and make sure to note which way up it fits into the bezel before fitting back to the case.

Intresting
1 hour ago, pbwatch said:

It wasn’t too risky as I’ve taken a lot of these gen spec bezel assemblies apart in the past. The advantage of the CF is the insert being stuck in rather than pressed. It’s less likely to snap on removal from the bezel than if it was pressed in tight. Getting a nice smooth finished edge is the part you need to take care with. Take care with the bezel gasket too and make sure to note which way up it fits into the bezel before fitting back to the case.

did you do anything to the scallops?  :)

BoobBandit
18 hours ago, Aramis2288 said:

P.S. re. the pepsi, another big give away is the Xtal in my opinion. Possibly bigger than the scallops, but very easy one to fix (if one wants to spend +/- 300 quids on gen Xtal)

Yeah I did kinda see something about the crystal, but I don’t really see what the big deal is, is it the AR in the cyclops? Or something about clarity at the edges? Yeah , between a gen owner compensating for his  little dick and a  philosophical warrior arguing about why his opinion is more valid than someone else’s,  I’m not to keen to go waste time thread hunting  anymore 

it looks great on my wrist :ohwell: I mean, I don’t really care about the particular minutiae in this case, but I do like to know what the tells are. I’m not trying to pass it off as real. It’s more just knowing what I have. 

Aramis2288
Yeah I did kinda see something about the crystal, but I don’t really see what the big deal is, is it the AR in the cyclops? Or something about clarity at the edges? Yeah , between a gen owner compensating for his  little dick and a  philosophical warrior arguing about why his opinion is more valid than someone else’s,  I’m not to keen to go waste time thread hunting  anymore 

it looks great on my wrist ohwell.gif I mean, I don’t really care about the particular minutiae in this case, but I do like to know what the tells are. I’m not trying to pass it off as real. It’s more just knowing what I have. 

AR on the cyclops leaves a lot to be desired (at least that was the case with other CF watches).

Other than that, while being fully aware of all the issues spotted so far, my only problem with it is that I don't have it on my wrist right now .

• Like 1

pbwatch
did you do anything to the scallops? 

No, nothing beyond a polish.

• Like 1

pbwatch
AR on the cyclops leaves a lot to be desired (at least that was the case with other CF watches). 
Other than that, while being fully aware of all the issues spotted so far, my only problem with it is that I don't have it on my wrist right now .

Agreed, the issues have been blown out of all proportion by 3 particular members! It’s overall a great watch and has become my daily wearer. I did fit a gen crystal though as the CF cyclops is poor by the standards VSF and ZF have used recently.

• Like 1

Aramis2288
Agreed, the issues have been blown out of all proportion by 3 particular members! It’s overall a great watch and has become my daily wearer. I did fit a gen crystal though as the CF cyclops is poor by the standards VSF and ZF have used recently.

I may consider swapping the Xtal as well. Just a bit butthurt to spend extra +/- $300 on it

Btw, it's kinda funny that nobody managed to replicate the AR on the cyclops properly. I mean the pre-raid VSF pieces were very good but still not 100% gen like.

• Like 1

Intresting

Would it be fair to say, OOTB, this is probably the easiest (and cheapest) to close the gap to gen without having to go the whole franken hog way?     Polish the edge, change xTal.  its as close to 100% as you can get?

and meanwhile, there is now a new sub factory called RFF with even better movement, better pearl, better bezel....  cleaner than clean. :D  

BoobBandit
2 hours ago, Intresting said:

Would it be fair to say, OOTB, this is probably the easiest (and cheapest) to close the gap to gen without having to go the whole franken hog way?     Polish the edge, change xTal.  its as close to 100% as you can get?

I mean, for me OOTB, the shallow scallops/crystal are the only thing that can't be easily/cheaply modded. I'm more interested in giving the movement a service. So I don't know if that disqualifies it from NWBIG class.

Me personally, OOTB, I'm happy. I don't collect versions of reps, as my interest is a watch for what it is. So someone else is probably more suited to address this. 

• Like 1

Aramis2288
and meanwhile, there is now a new sub factory called RFF with even better movement, better pearl, better bezel....  cleaner than clean.   
RFF? Where did you see it?

Intresting
15 minutes ago, Aramis2288 said:

RFF? Where did you see it?

next door.   Andrew has said he will have more when he knows.   The pics are pretty good.... just sayin.

Flinnt

You’d be better off strapping a dog turd to your wrist according to some people on rwi. 
It’s a good looking watch. I like it. I’ve ordered it. 
As to whether or not it looks enough like Mick Jagger I wouldn’t know. I’ve only ever seen a pepsi in a glass cabinet and Mick on my tv. 
I will enjoy wearing it, looking at it and telling anyone who’s interested it’s a fake. And not sweat if they’re about to pull out a loupe and their encyclopaedic knowledge of rolex releases. 

• Like 5

Aramis2288

You’d be better off strapping a dog turd to your wrist according to some people on rwi. 

Lol, so true. +1

Intresting
10 hours ago, Flinnt said:

at least is gen turd

• Like 1