Sign in to follow this  
Bark3rd

Advice, should I keep the realz or cash out...

Bark3rd

Although I have bought and owned many genuine Submariners and GMTs over the years the only one I currently own is a 2012 ceramic Sub.  I was given this watch on stage in front of hundreds of my peers (competition I beat) as a national top sales producer award.  It was a proud moment. Now, almost 10 years later, I'm more interested in investments and paying for my kids college than only me knowing I have the real deal on my wrist, especially when the reps are so good now. I am contemplating selling it. I'm seeing F/S ads in the $12K range for these, does that seem legit? And, do you think I will regret it?? I am rough on watches, I am on boats constantly pulling up anchor lines, scrubbing hulls, diving, you name it so it is in constant danger of being lost or damaged. That, and this watch isn't my grail watch. I only have 2 grails that if owned would never sell and that's a 1675 GMT or a 1680 "red". One day I will have one or both of those. But for now...should I sell the nicest award I've ever earned especially as a watch enthusiast? Appreciate kind feedback...

myaz

Don't know about the  $12K price being good but Rolex values aren't about to tank so the price should be stable. Don't expect a substantial increase due to the glut of Rolexes. If yours is engraved, that affects the value.

If you are like me, the inevitable dings and scratches would kill me. Small ones can be buffed out. Beating out hundreds of your peers means you'll win the gold one next. 

Bottom line, sell this one and save for your grail. The anticipation alone is worth it.

Wear a cheapo when roughing it on boats, less heartache when it gets beat up. Good luck

Bark3rd

Ha ha, I got ya. But the reality is, I can get a BAD ASS 1675 from one of our dealers, have it modded by the dude in France and have what may satisfy me forever. And yeah, you are totally right the Sub was a national "2nd place"  deal, the top prize for decades was always the Gold Prez. But now, that's changed, #1 is a (what I think is) a stainless and gold sky dweller (might be white gold not sure).  Havent been in top running for a few years now, dont really care, I 've got the steady big book of business and dont need new closes-the award is all about new closes. Anyway, I'm really tempted to sell and get a nice $1200 modded 1675. Any advice on best way to sell?

Edited by Bark3rd