Taekwon

Audemar Piquet Royal Oak Chrono

Taekwon

So, I have read explored the various sections, looked at he TD sites and I am still not able to get comfortable with making a decision.  I hope  someone can offer some guidance.  I want to purchase a Audemar Piquet Royal Oak Chrono 26331st.00 with the ss bracelet blue face silver subdials.  I'm going crazy because some factories have non working subdials which I do not want. So, I found two versions that appear to have working subdials but I cannot tell what the difference is and I don't want to make an avoidable mistake.  These are the two pieces from a TD, Trusty Time:  

AP0608D - Royal Oak Chronograph 26331ST SS/SS Blue/Wht A7750 $488.00

and

AP0416A - Royal Oak Chronograph 26320ST SS/SS Blue/Wht JHF A7750 $378.00

I just need some guidance on this.  I'm happy to do more research I just cannot get clear answer.   I want to purchase the best solution.  Thank you

Taekwon

I really appreciate the forum's support on this question.   Way to go hobbyists. LOL

GenTLe

I'm not going to search those models for you. Next time be a bit smarter and put the links.

• Like 1

Slugger

I'd take a pass on both of them. Since you said it is important,  neither watch has a properly working Chrono. They are also nearly 40% thicker than gen due to the A7750 sec@6 movement. If you want a rep that looks reasonably similar to the gen, you won't find it in the Royal Oak Chronos.

Hungryhippowatch

There is a guy who had the OMF with working chrono. However he had it majorly modded by Domi I think.

He had the movement changed to purely manual to thin it down as well as probably removing any deco plates.

He also had the shape the mid case and case back thinned to match.

I have no idea how much that cost and getting hold of Domi is hard.

But that's your only true answer.

Swiss_goupil

Cheapest way is quartz. Looks the part, it’s thin and it cost about 85$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swiss_goupil

a060487350898c77c32184fe4d454f90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tech

I briefly had the OMF version.  Fooled a lot of people thinking it was genuine at first sight.  The fit, finish and quality were really good.  Yes, a tad thick but fine on my flat azz pancake wrists.   Should have kept it...

I got it from Trusty but my last convo with him said its no longer available.

https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_247&products_id=21844

Watch that video in HD...

BanksBunny

I've found it nearly impossible to get any AP watch to be honest. I ordered quite a few from the trusted dealers on here only to be told they can't be sourced, especially the JF ones.

GenTLe
On 16/12/2022 at 23:55, BanksBunny said:

I've found it nearly impossible to get any AP watch to be honest. I ordered quite a few from the trusted dealers on here only to be told they can't be sourced, especially the JF ones.

It depends.

On Trusty's site just check the date below the pictures, if it's few months old max it's very very likely it's available.

I.e.:

z0LQ8D.jpg

z0Llvk.jpg

z0LBAY.jpg

https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_246&products_id=25746

https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_288&products_id=25615

https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_243&products_id=25545

• Like 1

BanksBunny
Thanks for the tip! I think my issue is I seem to love the older models more which is probably why I'm struggling.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk