sndpnr

GMF vs EWF OP 123400

sndpnr

Hey Guys. 

Been chatting with a TD about choosing between a GMF and an EWF Rollie OP 123400 with the bright blue dial in 41mm. Not much talk about this particular model, but the differences seems to be striking. TD Rep was kind enough to send me some older pics for comparison though with the Turqoise blue for comparison. 

IMHO the GMF has much shorter hands and a fatter bezel compared with the EWF, but the EWF seems to have the color all wrong. TD suggests GMF. Not sure which one to buy. Any Rollie pros weigh in? Anyone with the GMFs notice issues with extremely sharp bracelet pieces?

EWF

Zc1dCR.jpg

GMF

Zc1XmL.jpg

I wonder if these are worth it or I should just pull for a bog standard CF Hulk. 

PS: This is my first REP rollie purchase decision, so please bear with me. 

BadApple

GMF all day long - GM make some excellent reps so I have no hesitation in saying this. 

Gen 

Zc1c12.jpg

• Like 1

GenTLe

And then there's the BP, with a good 2836 movement, at 268$

oyster-perpetual-41mm-124300-bp-best-edi

sndpnr
11 minutes ago, BadApple said:

GMF all day long - GM make some excellent reps so I have no hesitation in saying this. 

Gen 

Zc1c12.jpg

That Gen looks sweet. Love this Tiffany blue, but it's very limiting in terms of what goes with it in my wardrobe. And the prices of these in Chrono24 are absolutely astronomical. Especially the 41mm. 

Aramis2288
10 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

ROYP010G_01.jpgoyster-perpetual-41mm-124300-bp-best-edi

What I absolutely love about that BP one is that they sell it on jubilee bracelet as well. Although the gen does not come with this option, I think it looks amazing.

Check this wrist roll out:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO76yqmKKXt/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 1

BadApple
35 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

oyster-perpetual-41mm-124300-bp-best-edi

But on Jubilee ?? 

Aramis2288
5 minutes ago, BadApple said:

But on Jubilee ?? 

They have both versions - oyster and jubilee.

Glaude

Given that the TD is Jtime, you can trust him on recommendations, he follow threads on forums and he's a watch lover himself, not just a seller, I would just look at pricing and consider @GenTLe option but drop out on the EWF

• Like 1

Aramis2288

@sndpnr , search no more. I found a perfect oyster perpetual, the ultimate atrocit.... I mean a truly unique piece. Ice Ice baby!67184b4944e4025e404a49d412a4f869.jpg735191d65b283d50868ef09f7d2849b3.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Zarbus

wow 

diamonds

Horace Derwent

So it seems that EWF has the color all wrong, but this applies only to this colour, or to all different colours of the 2021 OP ?

I mean, reading this thread GMF > BP > EWF, but this applies to all different colours ?

rek001

I'd go with the GMF, dial color/intensity seems to be closest to gen. 

I recently acquired a GMF SS DayDate, blue sunburst dial, absolutely phenom quality but hoo boy, the individual link edges are sharp. I've never encountered it this bad in 17 years of collecting.

Sorry but the BP dial from InTime seems very anemic.

NCRich

DHgate FTW

• Like 4

NFleischer

I was recently thinking  about these myself. The EWF is on sale, and is SAID to be 904 SS. I spoke to Trusty and he seems to think the GMF is more likely to have the 904 SS.

Gaz1a
I was recently thinking  about these myself. The EWF is on sale, and is SAID to be 904 SS. I spoke to Trusty and he seems to think the GMF is more likely to have the 904 SS.

Yeah not sure EWF is 904…

weedb0y

There's a GSF version out as well. $388 at most dealers. 

Anyone else with black dial?

Fu-ore

And there is Weedb0y again!

Greets from reddit... I guess we have to make our own review.

Will ask hont if he can get hands on OP 41. Then I'll make a  GMF vs GSF review. 

Edited by Fu-ore
  • Like 1

big_polarbear

I’d go with EWF. Usually I am a GMF fan, but the short hands is a huge no go for me.

Best option is maybe to wait until an upgrade finally pop up !

weedb0y
On 30/08/2021 at 06:13, Fu-ore said:

And there is Weedb0y again!

Greets from reddit... I guess we have to make our own review.

Will ask hont if he can get hands on OP 41. Then I'll make a  GMF vs GSF review. 

We are both looking for our OPs. I think they are the best no-tell, no hype, classy Rolex watch of 2021. Other than that, I'd love for a nice 5 digit. I've got a 6 digit, but frankly, it seems like it just screams for attention in normal setting. 

• Like 1

Fu-ore

Hi Fam,

I recently talked to JTime becaus eI wanted to buy a GSF OP41, but he told me not to do so as the qualitiy on GMF is superior to GSF. 

So I'll follow his advice. I'll try to make a review of the GMF OP41 as soon as possible. But I'm stuffed with work lately. But I'll try to begin on the weekend. 

@weedb0y: did you make your decision yet? If not EWF should make a decent one aswell...

Edited by Fu-ore

G_sus

Anyone spoken to any dealers recently to see what is still actually available?

Having no joy via M2M so would be nice to have a little idea of still is still producing/what is readily available...

RS9
On 30/09/2021 at 16:19, G_sus said:

Anyone spoken to any dealers recently to see what is still actually available?

Having no joy via M2M so would be nice to have a little idea of still is still producing/what is readily available...

I spoke to a non-TD contact just a few days ago who said that EWF, GMF/BP should be open after the holiday next week. Either one should be able to source you a good OP41.  

I'm a little partial to the EWF as their dial color on the Tiffany Blue looks good, along with the slimmer bezel than the GMF.