tribefan

TD in Central London?

tribefan

Well, maybe not a T, but definitely a D. Pretty bold.

• Like 1

Devil

Propa 'geezer 

I wish reps were legal... Would be no point in gens though!

OLDBLOKE74

This guy has some entertaining vids on YouTube. Worth a watch :D

thejudge

He's a bit doom an gloom.  

Definitely DHGate quality on the rep though £50-60 max not £350

FudgyDocker
1 hour ago, thejudge said:

He's a bit doom an gloom

He's doom and gloom for a reason. The high end gen. market has got a nasty stink about it these days. That's prob. why he got out when he did. 

rm65453

Nothing compared to the gen Rolex dealers selling fakes in Turks and Caicos. Check them out everytime I visit them. They have upgraded now from selling dhgate versions to high quality reps. At least this guy is being honest..

BoobBandit

Yeah, this guy is speaking from a noobs perspective, I mean if you’ve been around and do some homework no need to get taken. But even gen dealers rip their rich customers off. Caveat emptor applies to the lot folks. Nothing new here buddy, if this is news to a prospective watch buyer, that’s a man  must not be careful of how he spends his  money 

GenTLe

This guy has such an heavy accent that it's hard to get 100% of what he's saying :/

semperfi55
10 hours ago, GenTLe said:

This guy has such an heavy accent that it's hard to get 100% of what he's saying :/

You’re not missing out on much :thumbsup2:

Generally his videos take half an hour to say: “Guys I’m telling you the insider knowledge other watch dealers don’t want you to know. Rolex. I am an honest and trustworthy guy. It’s not safe to wear your watches out anymore and the police don’t do nothing. Look at this Rolex robbery. Look at that Rolex robbery. Robberies everywhere! Did I mention I’m an honest ex-dealer? Rolex. London is not safe as it once was. You can trust me. Rolex..”

• Like 5

GenTLe
39 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

Generally his videos take half an hour to say: “Guys I’m telling you the insider knowledge other watch dealers don’t want you to know. Rolex. I am an honest and trustworthy guy. It’s not safe to wear your watches out anymore and the police don’t do nothing. Look at this Rolex robbery. Look at that Rolex robbery. Robberies everywhere! Did I mention I’m an honest ex-dealer? Rolex. London is not safe as it once was. You can trust me. Rolex..”

LoL, yes, I've got this part :D Sometimes it's happening here too. And frankly speaking it's not a direct consequence of immigration (here it happens with the "guaglioni", which are the lower form of life in Naples, made up by young natives from that city that grow in a place where law is not enforced, culture is considered a loss of time and Camorra's (local mafia) people are considered "winners"). To me it's much more a problem of integration.

Leave people at the border, don't give them a proper education, don't enforce law and you'll find your place full of "ghetto guys" that will stab you to get your Rollie.

It's a game that certain politics do: they use these situations to get votes, promising to keep these people "out". These people are now "out" and not integrated and the crime will rise. The politicians use the rise of crime to obtain votes promising to keep these people "out" and the circle restart.

• Like 3

jowill923

He really doesn't give a f**k does he :pointlaugh:

Chiquita Fanjita
7 hours ago, semperfi55 said:

:lmao:

You've summed up old Pauls' videos perfectly there :D 

• Like 2

OLDBLOKE74

I understand that Paul Thorpe was a reputable dealer who’s son has the same name. His son got into a lot of trouble (some allegedly including £650, 000 in gen/reps fraud) and his dad’s business was ruined as a result of reputation damage.
I quite like the geezer persona and some of his predictions  on the watch market and valuations from years ago have been proved right -  he dislikes Archie Luxury so it cannot be all bad.  However there are a supposedly a lot of gen watches and cash missing and maybe someone in his family or friendship group knows the whereabouts of these items? The police seem to have a problem with this family and appear to be reluctant or unable to help them in their problems with gangsters and thieves. 

The watch world can be a dangerous and difficult one. With AD’s able to sell new Pateks with a list/cost price of £38k for over £80k this deal arbitrage is attracting criminal attention. Rolex sports watches can achieve 100% mark up on the AD price.  High end watches are portable and very liquid assets and so  they attract elements of our society that value such characteristics. …..

But I still like geezers , and I like watches. 

• Like 3

tribefan

Thorpe is alright, although lately his videos have been obnoxious with the ads.

The larger point here though is shops off Oxford street just blatantly selling reps. There are plenty of dodgy shops and dodgy cart vendors,  between Piccadilly and Oxford, but I've never seen one out right displaying rep watches for sale in the window, and I've spent a lot of time in that area. Seems pretty brazen to me.

BravoDelta

Just a thought...but since it seems so obviously stupid to do this, do you think maybe they don't know it's illegal. 

OLDBLOKE74

The police here would not be interested- we have something called trading standards officers who are sat at home taking furlough money whilst the country falls deeper into debt to pay them and millions of others.

I live in London - I have seen crap reps on the markets in Camden and very good ones (selling as gens) with  dodgy dealers in Hatton Garden -but never openly displayed in the West End, complete with boxes, cards etc. 

I feel like a bit of a hypocrite to be miffed because we all buy em from shady sources but this just seems a bit too much. - in a shop on the main streets of our capital city ffs.

Where is the fun in that ? 

• Like 1