MALDONADO

Breitling Top Time "The Fox"............

MALDONADO

UBhg5nS.jpg

My first contact with this watch was at the end of a business lunch in Murcia, once back, resting the excellent meats of the region, I looked at the window of a watch shop on Avenida la Constitución and between Rolex, TAG, Omega, Tudor , Longines, I saw him in a solo exhibitor, logically I went in to "touch him" and ask about him.
After some time reading the touristy forums, I saw that our yellow friends had replicated it with some rectifiable details in later versions, which are already modified in the version that I show you.

jXgvj1k.jpg

It is difficult to list the series of rational reasons why I look at this watch, brand, reputation, difference, design… .. People want comfort and happiness in our lives, and we obtain it in part through these things that dazzle us .

I do not extend myself more and I will show it …… 

x7VK9NZ.jpg

GEN Features

Make model: Breitling Top Time – limited edition (2000 unidades)
Reference: A23310121G1X1
Box: Polished 316 steel, bucked bottom with limited edition decoration.
Crystal: AR double convex sapphire crystal
Features: hour, minute, second counter, 1/4 de segundo, 30 minutos
Movement: Calibre 23 de Breitling (Reserva 48 h) 28.800 VPH
Crown: Without screw, a gasket
Dial: silvery white with Superluminova dots on the hour and central hands
Strap: brown nubuck leather 20/18 mm
Closing: hebilla 18 mm
Hermeticism: 30 meters

REP Features

Make model: Breitling Top Time Chrono SS GF 1: 1 (Trusty)
Box: Polished 316 steel, bucked bottom with limited edition decoration.
Crystal:  AR double convex sapphire crystal
Features: hour, minute, second counter, 1/4 de segundo, 30 minutos
Movement: asian 7750 a 28.800 VPH (Reserva 48 h) 
Crown: Without screw, a gasket
Dial: silvery white with Superluminova dots on the hour and central hands 
Strap: Rally calfskin (Ziczac Watch)
Closing: deployante 18 mm

Measures

.............................................GEN................. REP
Diameter .........................41,0 mm...........41,0 mm
thickness..........................14,3 mm...........14,4 mm
Handle width.....................20,0 mm...........20,0 mm
Height between handles......51,5 mm...........51,5 mm
Watch body weight.............77,4 g..............79,8 g
Price (euros)...................4.850 (web)........284 (trusty)

KHQOMgg.jpg

Brief history

Breitling Top Time is the name given to the series of watches characterized by a daring and elegant design, which were also useful tools for professional pilots and racers. These watches were first introduced in 1964 and were primarily intended for young men. Breitling Top Time watches were positioned as entry-level chronographs, priced much lower than the company's flagships, Navitimer and Chronomat.

KJxrD1v.jpg
Breitling Sprint 2000-33 1950s

yvqqYdK.png
Catalogue Breitlin 1960s Top Time ref. 2003.4 (Left),

The Breitling Top Time eventually became a classic among watch enthusiasts, thanks to its continued popularity. The many celebrities from the world of entertainment and sports who were known to wear a Breitling Top Time paved the way for the watch to forever be etched as part of pop culture.

BoD5RIq.jpg

zKRR1ca.jpg

Dial

The dial is both geometric and graphic, thanks to its "Fox" design motif. The two concave sub-registers with concentric engravings, give the dial a real sense of depth
a chronograph record of 30 minutes at three o'clock and seconds at nine. Breitling's gold “B” logo, faceted applied hour markers and beige Super-LumiNova dots are quiet companions to the dial's bolder design features.

A1RuEAT.jpg

At the farthest point on the dial, just outside the reach of the chronograph second hand, is the decimal scale.

What exactly is a decimal scale? It is basically a base 100 scale that divides the outer ring and allows the measurement of elapsed time in a more numerical way, allowing for quick segmentation of time into easily translatable data. 

bdjKSQH.jpg

v2m5xxq.jpg

Its intent was similar to that of the sectoral dial, and its target demographic included doctors and scientists, among others, for laboratory use

The decision to replace the tachymeter scale around the outer chapter ring with a decimal scale I think is inspired - it tidies up the dial, while also offering a welcome nod to the vintage chronographs of yesteryear

tS09sx1.jpg

nkfYH6X.jpg

The arrows, including the chronograph seconds hand, are presented in a bright red hue that evokes the free spirit of the 1960s and complements the colorful details on the three o'clock sub-dial.

Kwe3HEH.jpg

The Top Time mark on the dial near six o'clock is also authentic for the vintage font, all in capital letters. There is no date on the watch, a smart move that avoids interrupting the clean lines of the dial 

fTq15lN.jpg

Box
While the modern interpretation has expanded from 38mm to 41mm, the stainless steel case is solidly faithful in shape to the 1960s original. The narrow no-frills bezel, simple straight lugs, and tall piston pushers are all here. keeping the spirit firmly rooted in the original.
The modern mid-size case is fully polished and features a linear design with many facets and sharp angles.

KtFLHV2.jpg

6WK7FVU.jpg

Cristal

True to vintage style, the Top Time has a convex crystal with AR enhancing the vision of the dial and is a nod to mineral crystals or hesalite (Plexi) from the last century.

jGmdi2K.jpg

yBY65su.jpg

strap

The Breitling Top Time Limited Edition is accompanied by a textured brown nubuck strap in cocoa brown. The smoothness and the textured finish seem very acceptable and quality to me, they combine well with the vintage feel of the case and the dial, but I have changed it for a rally strap that also seems an ideal combination.

y71i53e.jpg

phwQ2nL.jpg

Conclution

Replica 1.1 with respect to the Gen., a coveted rarity and very versatile for many occasions,
With a vibrant red accent, but just the right amount to make the dial stand out on the wrist without becoming overwhelming.

8sXpLJq.jpg

Thank you for reading

* Network data.
* Sorry for the google translation

• Like 7

NCRich

Nice write up.  A watch I truly want to get.

Intresting
45 minutes ago, MALDONADO said:

UBhg5nS.jpg

My first contact with this watch was at the end of a business lunch in Murcia, once back, resting the excellent meats of the region, I looked at the window of a watch shop on Avenida la Constitución and between Rolex, TAG, Omega, Tudor , Longines, I saw him in a solo exhibitor, logically I went in to "touch him" and ask about him.
After some time reading the touristy forums, I saw that our yellow friends had replicated it with some rectifiable details in later versions, which are already modified in the version that I show you.

Did Google actually translate that.  Yellow friends.  How do you say that in Spanish?

• Like 2

FunnyStarSystem

Great review of a lovely watch! Gracias :)

brang1

fantastic review- now i deeply regret selling mine even more

BoobBandit
Did Google actually translate that.  Yellow friends.  How do you say that in Spanish?

‘Amigos Asiaticos’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intresting
1 minute ago, BoobBandit said:

‘Amigos Asiaticos’

:D  amigos amarillo ?

BoobBandit
  amigos amarillo ?

well, sure, that’ll raise a few eyebrows

Intresting
2 hours ago, BoobBandit said:

well, sure, that’ll raise a few eyebrows

Not a snowflake .  Its a great write up of the watch. 

I am genuinely curious at the choice of words.   Google or the OP.

at least its still amigo.   could be worse, like pendejo amarillo    :D

FunnyStarSystem

Now I want to know how to say "thread crap" in Spanish! :rofl:

*j/k Ed, I didn't even notice the yellow part because I was just looking at the pretty pictures. Maybe Spanish hasn't gone all pc like English - I'm neither endorsing or criticizing, but now you have me curious too...

• Like 2

BoobBandit
25 minutes ago, Intresting said:

Not a snowflake .  Its a great write up of the watch. 

I am genuinely curious at the choice of words.   Google or the OP.

at least its still amigo.   could be worse, like pendejo amarillo    :D

No sir, no subtext meant. I apologize if it sounded that way. It was a great write up and I enjoyed it too!

Yes, I was probably making a poor attempt to translate it 'nice' you are correct, the literal translation is 'amarillo' :D

:rofl: pendejo amarillo ey?

Cheers mate :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

BoobBandit
14 minutes ago, FunnyStarSystem said:

*j/k Ed, I didn't even notice the yellow part because I was just looking at the pretty pictures. Maybe Spanish hasn't gone all pc like English - I'm neither endorsing or criticizing, but now you have me curious too...

I'm pretty sure they haven't gone PC in South America :rofl:

• Like 1

Intresting

I certainly hope not!  I am not going to lose sleep over this kinda thing.  Like I said not a snowflake nor a woke dumbass.    But genuinely curious.   Wonder if the OP @MALDONADO can help clarify :)    There may be a funny story in it, particularly if its google translate that did it. 
@FunnyStarSystem when you find out what thread crap in Spanish is,  do share!  Love to have another quill in the quiver of insults. :D

• Like 2

black263

What's the point of having decimals of a minute?  I've never thought of someone running a hundred metres in 0.1667 minutes

Intresting
3 hours ago, black263 said:

What's the point of having decimals of a minute?  I've never thought of someone running a hundred metres in 0.1667 minutes

evidently it was selling point to young punks who were trying to get into Brietling as a brand.....

Cap'n

Love this write up (I will eventually get round to doing one on my v5 Pelagos now that my macro lens has finally arrived - if only camera shops in the UK were as diligent as Mary!).

Love the look of the watch as well - never been massively drawn to Breitlings, either too busy or too close to other brands I prefer - but this one is rather smart - one for the 'watch' list.  

MALDONADO
Hace 15 horas, FunnyStarSystem dijo:

¡Ahora quiero saber cómo se dice "hilo de mierda" en español! : rofl:

* j / k Ed, ni siquiera me di cuenta de la parte amarilla porque solo estaba mirando las bonitas imágenes. Tal vez el español no ha ido tan solo como el inglés, no estoy ni apoyando ni criticando, pero ahora también me tienes curiosidad ...

Edited by MALDONADO
  • Like 1

etj4588

Great post.  The Top Time is one of my best rep purchases.

BoobBandit

‘Hilo de mierda’

Lo que han hecho estos chicos con mi hilo.

Vamos, dinos@Maldonado

GingerApple

Spanish is just blunt. Spanish footballers  playing in England are always getting in trouble for calling a black person 'negro' (or negrito if said person is little).

Intresting

what a boring world this would be if we didn't have some colourful language.   :)    what colour would categorize a Spanish?

FunnyStarSystem
1 hour ago, MALDONADO said:

Wait, what did I miss?

Flinnt

• Like 2

NanyaBiz

Where can I find this model?

brang1

a watch i TRULY wish i had not sold