Aramis2288

Reps Delivery vs New Import Laws

Aramis2288

Dear folks,

I'm not sure whether somebody has already kicked this topic off here on RWG, but I guess it is something of crucial importance.

As you know there are some rather severe changes impacting packages sent from China to the EU (I'm guessing the UK as well?). It seems like the packages will need to be somehow registered/claimed and the VAT will need to be paid independently on its declared (low) value. If it's not done, the recipient would need to pay these fees upon receiving the goods which in practice means substantially increased risk of getting the package checked by customs (as they would need to assess the value of claimed goods). Of course, in our case it's nothing good, to say the least.

I am not sure how the TDs and forwarding agents gonna handle this. I guess it will be useful to gather the info and people's experiences so that we know what to expect.

What seems to be making the whole thing even more complicated is that allegedly the packages sent from China prior to the deadline of 1st of July but claimed by the customs after it would be impacted by these regulations (which is bloody ridiculous). If that's true, anybody having the watches in transit could face lots of bs.

Original thread on RWI:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-watch-general-discussion/9964785-eu-july-2021-ending-€22-import-vat-exemption&share_tid=9964785&share_fid=16787&share_type=t&link_source=app

Does anyone have any recent experiences from the UK/EU or any news from your TDs?

P.S. Admin, if by any chance I am duplicating any existing thread regarding this matter, please feel free to nuke this one.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Devil

Not sure if this is worth anything, but I received some items from the US today that were delivered by RoyalMail and sent by USPS which were declared at around $100 value and I had no import/tax duty to pay...

Was quite surprised actually

Aramis2288

I am wondering how the TDs will work around it. I already emailed Mary to see whether she has any game plan ready.

On RWI some folks claimed they received the goods without issues and some others (some guy from Germany) allegedly had a Hublot bezel from AliExpress delivered prior to the deadline and they already imposed the new bs on him.

The whole situation seems pretty foggy atm.

Aramis2288
Puretime are looking into IOSS Registration apparently.

https://www.ship24.com/ioss/ioss-registration

So in the whole delivery pipeline, who is supposed to be IOSS registered? TD or a forwarding agent?

I wonder what happens in case when the TD is not registered (which could be a majority of cases) but the forwarding agent is registered. Curious whether that would work.

onzenuub

We are all doomed

• Like 2

Flinnt

For the measly sum of a week on my wrist, I’ll forward EU orders. No one will suspect a package from a convict nation. 

• Like 3

Soco84

unfortunatelly all EU imported packages will go through customs and VAT;   :(  same applies for those coming through UK thus a new forwarding destination is needed. 

IOSS registered shall be the TD,  or whoever is listed as the enterprise sending the package (forwarders are sole intermediaries);

Question is, who from the TD's can ship (forward) through another EU country..... 

Edited by Soco84
clerical

Aramis2288
unfortunatelly all EU imported packages will go through customs and VAT;   :(  same applies for those coming through UK thus a new forwarding destination is needed.  IOSS registered shall be the TD,  or whoever is listed as the enterprise sending the package (forwarders are sole intermediaries);

Question is, who from the TD's can ship (forward) through another EU country..... 

I think that if all the paperwork is correctly done and the VAT is paid from whatever low value amount is stated, the customs of whichever country will not have a manpower to physically check every single package. It is just impossible. So my hopefull assumption is that as long as the sender is registered and the documents are in place, the low value packages should be going through as they used to. 

I mean, even before, all the packages were going through customs - low value or not. The only trick the TDs were using was to declare them as low value and make them as low profile as possible. As long as they didn't ring the bell, the customs were signing them off and releasing for the delivery. At the same time every single package could easily get seized for checks of they considered it suspicious.

The changes we are facing now are all about money. So I guess it is not completely unrealistic to assume that as long as the new legal requirements are fulfilled, the low value packages should be going through as they were.

How could they possibly be able to start opening and checking every single little package that goes through.

Another question is indeed, which EU country will be the easiest entry point through which the packages could be forwarded to a different EU destinations.

Glaude
2 hours ago, Aramis2288 said:

How could they possibly be able to start opening and checking every single little package that goes through.

They won't, customs are lazy and mostly occupied with other more important matter, they'll go with declared value, as they do in every other part of the world where regular taxing to the value is applied since for ever.

Avoiding DHL and other express company will make even more sense now in the EU given that they'll be enforcing this policy actively to get even more funds and customs will be happy to let them handle that part.

• Like 3

Aramis2288
They won't, customs are lazy and mostly occupied with other more important matter, they'll go with declared value, as they do in every other part of the world where regular taxing to the value is applied since for ever.
Avoiding DHL and other express company will make even more sense now in the EU given that they'll be enforcing this policy actively to get even more funds and customs will be happy to let them handle that part.

I think it is a very fair point. Pretty much all we gotta do is give the TDs some time to adapt, hope for the best and, for the time being, focus on getting the reps that are currently in transit delivered .

Nonetheless, it's gonna be useful to observe the course of the events within this thread and on RWI.

k4jun
8 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Puretime are looking into IOSS Registration apparently.

That's probably the best, simplest, hassle-free solution for us - for the end customers in EU.

iOSS for consignments with a value not exceeding EUR 150 means;

- Puretime appoints (professional) "EU Intermediary Company" and Puretime is the importer, they do all of the paperwork and customs/import clearance payments at their side. So, while we are ordering into EU - Puretime already knows the respective VAT rate applicable for each country, and knows a total burden of upcoming import clearance. Thus Puretime can charge us (in advance) with this burden while we do the payment. The question: whether TD will consume this  new burden, or decides to re-charge the burden on us (=include the additional burden into the payment).

- we can sit, relax and wait for the "cleared" package.

iOSS for consignments exceeding EUR 150 is exactly the opposite;

- TD ships the package and can sit&relax, that's the end of the deal at their side - end of any "import hassle" at their side, in fact "import hassle" never will be their concern,

- customs clearance and all "import hassle" is our responsibility with the local Customs Office/postal operator/courier.

Given that reps are semi-legal (at best), and given the potential awkward conversation about the content of the package and potential seizure by the Customs - TD as iOSS is my strong preference.

Fergulator72

Not sure if it's any different than when Australia started GST on items entering the country,items valued at lower than $100 seems to not get stopped with paying taxes by customs,if you purchase an item on eBay lower you will pay the tax at the time,I've never had to pay any tax at customs for reps so I'm guessing they are valued pretty low on customs forms

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BadApple

AliExpress have been operating this for some months now. You can even download a tax invoice showing the VAT 

jZmLE2.png

• Like 1

Jibuti
1 hour ago, BadApple said:

AliExpress have been operating this for some months now. You can even download a tax invoice showing the VAT 

jZmLE2.png

Yup... And edit it with lower price. 

10 hours ago, onzenuub said:

We are all doomed

Only you, Noob. 

• Like 1

tonyh7

On a different note, I wonder if TDs will continue to accept crypto, given the Chinese government crackdown on exchanges. 

Aramis2288

Given that reps are semi-legal (at best), and given the potential awkward conversation about the content of the package and potential seizure by the Customs - TD as iOSS is my strong preference.

This is the only option. Otherwise the seizure is almost certain as they would have to open the package in order to assess the value of good inside.

Aramis2288
On a different note, I wonder if TDs will continue to accept crypto, given the Chinese government crackdown on exchanges. 

So far their crackdowns on exchanges were almost entirely overinterpretation and bs. It's funny how almost during every crypto hossa there are news reporting that China (or other countries) are delegalizing tokens and/or miners. Also almost always these news turn out to be (very) partially true at best. Just like gossips that they are delegalizing the miners which got published a bunch of weeks ago....

I don't think that any TD who accepts crypto already would have problems with continuing to do so.

GenTLe
4 hours ago, Aramis2288 said:

This is the only option. Otherwise the seizure is almost certain as they would have to open the package in order to assess the value of good inside.

About this point, I did send Mary a fully compiled CN22 module to be used for a shipment she's going to send soon. It's important to choose something that may resemble a watch if scanned, and that has more or less the same dimension (it would look crazy to get a 15x10x20cm package with a declaration of a pendulum clock for instance...), with a low value to minimize the VAT tax to pay here and with a properly HS tariff number matching the description.

For the HS tariff you can look here: https://hts.usitc.gov/ 

For instance I put there a description of "Pressure analog gauge" (a mechanical gauge with hands and so on and with a similar dimension of a watch), a value of 12$ (which is compatible as you can check on AliExpress), 250g weight and an HS Tariff number which is 9026.20.80

This HS number is representative of:

jZoMuW.jpg

Now let's see if, in the typical italian way, they'll let it slip with no added fees as they'll take months to put the whole procedure in place, or if they'll ask me the VAT. In this last case I'll have to pay 21% of 12$ which will be around 2/3€ and they're not a problem.

• Like 2

Aramis2288
About this point, I did send Mary a fully compiled CN22 module to be used for a shipment she's going to send soon. It's important to choose something that may resemble a watch if scanned, and that has more or less the same dimension (it would look crazy to get a 15x10x20cm package with a declaration of a pendulum clock for instance...), with a low value to minimize the VAT tax to pay here and with a properly HS tariff number matching the description.

For the HS tariff you can look here: https://hts.usitc.gov/ 

For instance I put there a description of "Pressure analog gauge" (a mechanical gauge with hands and so on and with a similar dimension of a watch), a value of 12$ (which is compatible as you can check on AliExpress), 250g weight and an HS Tariff number which is 9026.20.80

This HS number is representative of:

jZoMuW.jpg

Now let's see if, in the typical italian way, they'll let it slip with no added fees as they'll take months to put the whole procedure in place, or if they'll ask me the VAT. In this last case I'll have to pay 21% of 12$ which will be around 2/3€ and they're not a problem.

This is actually VERY useful. Thanks for sharing,[mention=57251]GenTLe[/mention] !

• Like 1

Glaude

One thing is for sure, no one will open a package to assess the value of the content, they don't have the ressource for this and opening low value marked package of small dimensions, as the one sent by TDs wouldn't make sense economically.

Just imagine the time wasted on finding the value of a watch (reps are only a small percentage, the gigantic influx of cheap legit watch from AliExpress is the bulk of it), to tax it 20%, fill up all the paperwork etc... customs are already busy as hell.

They'll target big packages with low value from time to time, the rest of it will be handled automatically, in a few months China shippers will have found the flaw in the system and the best way to ship stuff, probably the return of the good ol' "gift" technique like before.

• Like 2

deju

Nothing will change bunch of scaremongering gimps. 

under a set limit VAT must be paid at purchase. Over the limit it will be paid after purchase. 

If you think that getting customs charges means packages being opened then you’re honestly short a few brain cells 

• Like 1

Glaude
16 minutes ago, deju said:

then you’re honestly short a few brain cells 

Yeah but it's a requirement to be a member here

onzenuub
12 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Yeah but it's a requirement to be a member here

And to be a mod even less brain cells.     :D

• Like 1

Glaude
1 hour ago, onzenuub said:

And to be a mod even less brain cells.     :D

That's not a requirement, that's a consequence of being a member here and lets not talk about admin position ... :D 

• Like 2