Vyman

Black Bay Bronze - ZF (Gray Dial) QC + comments?

Vyman

I know its pretty late to be looking for an XF Black Bay Bronze. I reached out to Mary and she has a ZF Bronze gray dial available. Based on forum reviews - XF version were the go to instead of ZF. Anyone with experience owning a ZF bronze ? 

Having said that, I think the tone of the  bronze on the ZF is a little too light and XF bronze tone looks closer to GEN.

Appreciate your kind feedback and time. Thanks all.

Edited by Vyman
Removing QC pictures

GenTLe

Pic of a ZF taken from reddit and one of our TD (the one watch). It looks very good to me, get it.

xoencaowprv41.jpg?width=1440&format=pjpg

• Like 3

Intresting

Great watch.  Well finished.   ZF is the way.   Mary i the TD.    Ordered one for a friend  and another wanted it too but she told me they were gone.   Glad she managed to get one for you.  Mary is magic that way.

this is the watch

jZ1w28.jpg

• Like 1

Vyman

I have a little concerns on the color of the bronze. Is this dirt or patina? Plus

jZnXK8.jpg
jZnPNR.jpg

10 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Pic of a ZF taken from reddit and one of our TD (the one watch). It looks very good to me, get it.

Hmm. im confused. this looks pretty ok to me though. vs, this GEN: jZnkMv.jpg

And then I look at an XF version. Looks to me that ZF bronze is rather gold than bronze.

jZ6UfL.jpg

It's gotta be a M2M deal - i've checked with several TDs. No more XF HBB Tudor.

• Like 1

GenTLe

That's patina mate. 

Intresting

all my Tudor bronze reps are ZF.  They are very close to gen, including the casing.   But hey, whatever floats your boat. 

Cdrseabee

I have a blue one in the hopper..now the waiting game..

Vyman
2 hours ago, Intresting said:

all my Tudor bronze reps are ZF.  They are very close to gen, including the casing.   But hey, whatever floats your boat. 

Still undecided. LOL. Gonna think hard.

2 hours ago, Cdrseabee said:

ZF? Blue Bucherer :christmas1: share some wrist shots when you receive it

• Like 1

Intresting

whatever floats mate.   I suppose you have seen one of the Tudor bronzes in the gen to be able to comment definitively that the XF shade of bronze is closer than the ZF.    Best of luck finding your rep.  They are really nice reps, one of my favourites.    

Neon

Did you ever get this?

Thinking about getting one but can’t find any reviews from someone who actually has it.

Intresting
3 hours ago, Neon said:

Did you ever get this?

Thinking about getting one but can’t find any reviews from someone who actually has it.

I have one.  No issues.   As close to gen as you can get.   Lovely patina, good movement.   Well priced compared to what they are charging for Rollies today.    ZF is the way. 

Neon
I have one.  No issues.   As close to gen as you can get.   Lovely patina, good movement.   Well priced compared to what they are charging for Rollies today.    ZF is the way. 

Good to hear. I’ve only been finding people with the XF. Any chance you could share a pic or two? I’m not that picky, but curious to see the blue shade and how the bronze ends up.

Intresting
2 hours ago, Neon said:

Good to hear. I’ve only been finding people with the XF. Any chance you could share a pic or two? I’m not that picky, but curious to see the blue shade and how the bronze ends up.ett

Sure.   I can do one better.  Here is a pic.  The one on the right is a gen.   Hope it helps.   Cheers   The rep is from Mary.  Get it from her.  Best TD I know.

ja4OgW.jpg

• Like 1

Neon
Sure.   I can do one better.  Here is a pic.  The one on the right is a gen.   Hope it helps.   Cheers   The rep is from Mary.  Get it from her.  Best TD I know.
ja4OgW.jpg

Looks great to me! Thanks so much, it helped and I’ll be getting one.

Neon

ja4OgW.jpg

Ordered, thanks again.

Now I’m going to do some strap purchasing while I wait. I’m thinking blues and browns. Do you know the brand of the green fabric strap in your pic? I like its texture.

Also, 23mm between lugs. Do I get 24 or 22?

Intresting
2 hours ago, Neon said:

Ordered, thanks again.

Now I’m going to do some strap purchasing while I wait. I’m thinking blues and browns. Do you know the brand of the green fabric strap in your pic? I like its texture.

Also, 23mm between lugs. Do I get 24 or 22?

Anytime.   :)     Its from Aliexpress.  Any one of them that sells Nato straps have them.  I got the 22mm.    What I will recommend though is to get a vintage strap custom made by our resident strap maker Tanya.   I got one made in a vintage blue.   its stunning.   Here is the link to the straps. 

• Like 1

simonsayslt

Not sure whether to get a gen or rep after this thread!!

GenTLe
29 minutes ago, simonsayslt said:

Not sure whether to get a gen or rep after this thread!!

Get a ZF rep and put it on a gen strap, done!

Leave the gens for those that are not/badly repped, like the Speedmaster.

• Like 2