thejudge

You Tube Drama Fake vs Gen

thejudge

It looks like You Tube is removing Fake Vs Gen vids from the site is this good for us in the long run?

BravoDelta

I've seen youtubers I follow alerting about this. More YouTube censorship. :facepalm:

deju

Yeah justonemorewatch got his channel removed. 

Jody never promoted replica or showed where / how to buy them. He has compared them but so what. 

This will backfire on YouTube as it’s censorship in a big way.  

thejudge

Looks like they have gone after the smaller YouTubers first, the Watchfinder videos are still up.  Also a channel called Just One More Watch has been shut down but the guy mainly deals with cheap microbrands and the likes of Casio, Timex etc.. 

thejudge

I think they were more worried about the comments sections on these videos where people were giving details of the Factories and where to get them from. 

Aramis2288

For the rep industry, it may be good actually. All of these comparisons/reviews certainly rang some bells in Switzerland and could have contributed to the heavy raids that the factories have suffered lately (either directly or indirectly). As much as I enjoy watching it, I think that avoiding the mainstream is beneficial from a security standpoint.

Now, the whole censorship done by big tech is another cup of tea.....

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 6

GenTLe

It's more than ok for me to keep things quiet. Sorry for those youtubers and angry for the censorship, apart from this, it's all good for me. 

• Like 4

Aramis2288
30 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Sorry for those youtubers and angry for the censorship, apart from this, it's all good for me. 

Probably Rolex and friends are appealing to Youtube to have these videos taken down because they do work as an advertisement for the rep world. I've read some comments the viewers posted and lots of them (oh what a surprise) were of course interested in buying the rep despite the fact that the authors were heavily emphasizing how boo-hoo bad and unethical reps are and yaddy-yaddy-yadda.

If I'm honest, some of these 'reviews' and 'reviewers' were pissing me off big time. Indeed there were some fairly nicely done videos where the author was comparing the gen vs rep in a rather objective way - i.e. Watchfinder or Jenni Elle. If they would get de-platformed for having uploaded this kind of content (like JOMW got today) it would have been a pity.

Most of the reviews and reviewers, however, were pretty full of shit. I remember some guy comparing the gen hulk with a rather high-end rep. In order to show the 'unbelievably huge' differences in the finishing, he had the rep heavily fingered so that these 'differences' appear big enough to support his argument. What was always winding me up is that on the one hand, these guys use the 'rep vs gen' drama as clickbait, knowing that such videos will get lots of views and on the other hand, for the most cases, they are nowhere near objectivity. Because how could they possibly admit that the high-end rep is 30x cheaper than gen but the differences in the way it feels and looks are not 30x. To me, that is a pure hypocrisy.

Don't get me wrong - I follow LOTS of watch-related channels on social media and I love them. I understand why a watch aficionado may hate the whole rep world. But FFS at least be objective.

Edited by Aramis2288

GenTLe
8 minutes ago, Aramis2288 said:

If they would get de-platformed for having uploaded this kind of content (like JOMW got today) it would have been a pity.

Don't get me wrong - I follow LOTS of watch-related channels on social media and I love them. I understand why a watch aficionado may hate the whole rep world. But FFS at least be objective.

Yeah, youtube way is ridiculous. Deleting a whole channel for those is plain stupid: delete the single video if you want, but not the whole channel! I'd not mind if they close "Bark and Jack" one as that's a bit too snob for me, and partially also "The Urban Gentry" one. But not Jenny and Watchfinder please.

For those that are angry because they spent a lot for something that we get for 1/20 of the price: I call them prick. They are angry only because they wanted to show off and now they discovered that those money will not give them any status, which is a very stupid thing by its own... 

• Like 2

deju
8 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Yeah, youtube way is ridiculous. Deleting a whole channel for those is plain stupid: delete the single video if you want, but not the whole channel! I'd not mind if they close "Bark and Jack" one as that's a bit too snob for me, and partially also "The Urban Gentry" one. But not Jenny and Watchfinder please.

For those that are angry because they spent a lot for something that we get for 1/20 of the price: I call them prick. They are angry only because they wanted to show off and now they discovered that those money will not give them any status, which is a very stupid thing by its own... 

Honestly I didn’t mind bark and jack until he did the replica comparison video and it was utter drivel. 

• Like 2

Aramis2288
57 minutes ago, deju said:

Honestly I didn’t mind bark and jack until he did the replica comparison video and it was utter drivel. 

This. +1.

1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

I'd not mind if they close "Bark and Jack" one as that's a bit too snob for me, and partially also "The Urban Gentry" one. 

Have you seen his latest uploads where he was shooting some submariner with a shotgun because that's how disgusted he was? So much drama for clicks. So yeah, while I do like some of his videos I agree re. the snobbism.

1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

But not Jenny and Watchfinder please.

Watchfinder is top quality and also very appealing in terms of beautiful macros. I love it. And Jenny is a sweetheart.

1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

True. Mis  cojones mas grandes que tus cojones kinda game .

Edited by Aramis2288
  • Like 1

tribefan

Surprised they lasted this long. YT is basically a platform for corporate IP attorneys to claim royalties.

• Like 3

thejudge

On the plus side I am sure Archie Luxury will be making another 'Death of a Competitor' video that's two in a week (Although the TPG  mess probably deserves another thread).

Aramis2288

Speaking about Youtube, I was thinking of creating a new thread where we could list a list of worthy watch channels.

• Like 1

tribefan
1 hour ago, thejudge said:

On the plus side I am sure Archie Luxury will be making another 'Death of a Competitor' video that's two in a week (Although the TPG  mess probably deserves another thread).

Three videos and a live stream popped up on my recommendations and I don't watch, let alone subscribe, to refrigerator ad man.

Junior88
6 hours ago, deju said:

Yeah justonemorewatch got his channel removed. 

Jody never promoted replica or showed where / how to buy them. He has compared them but so what. 

This will backfire on YouTube as it’s censorship in a big way.  

Just checked. It's still there? 

thejudge

Yes its back Drama over for now.

deju
14 minutes ago, Junior88 said:

Just checked. It's still there? 

Yeah big petitions went in they seemed to have backed off 

• Like 1

submarinerblue

Glad to see Just One More Watch is back (didn’t know it had been removed until I saw this post). He’s great for homage/ clomage reviews.

Entertaining guy and informative.

• Like 1

Aramis2288
Glad to see Just One More Watch is back (didn’t know it had been removed until I saw this post). He’s great for homage/ clomage reviews.

Entertaining guy and informative.

Even if he wasn't, killing the guy's years of work to build a quality channel for one video is a friggin' joke. Happy for him as well.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

BravoDelta
8 hours ago, GenTLe said:

delete the single video if you want, but not the whole channel

This!!!

• Like 1

gji25

what really makes me chuckle is when they review a rep watch . they have to put it under a microscope to show the difference.

as if people carry microscopes around in there pockets lol